2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

22 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

That's not good luck.

Matter of fact how about just don't tune in tonight. Nothing personal just superstitious. K thankssss

I didn't say I haven't gone or watched. Just that I didn't have my email selected. I was at ALCS Game 1 last year and have watched all of the others. Not about to change that now.

Not sure how much stock to put in CFM today.  Love the dude, but he's only thrown about 10 innings in the last five weeks.  McHugh, James, McCullers will all be needed today.  Time for an offensive breakout to make it a moot point.

It's amazing how quickly the baseball talking heads have changed their tune about the Astros after two lackluster games.  Make 'em look stupid, boys.  

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Not sure how much stock to put in CFM today.  Love the dude, but he's only thrown about 10 innings in the last five weeks.  McHugh, James, McCullers will all be needed today.  Time for an offensive breakout to make it a moot point.

It's amazing how quickly the baseball talking heads have changed their tune about the Astros after two lackluster games.  Make 'em look stupid, boys.  

I sat directly behind his mom at the game yesterday (and Josh James's parents, and the rest of the Astros' family and friends' section).  I don't have anything to add other than she was a really nice lady, and I hope that Charlie fucking brings it.  I have confidence that he will.

• Like 1

I'm all for Springer leading off, but if they want to keep pitching around Bregs, this increases the chance of making them pay for it. 
Exactly. Me and a coworker were just talking about how we wished Hinch would move Bregman to the top of the lineup and were happy to see 30 minutes later that's exactly what happened. When you got Springer and Altuve coming after Bregman instead of Marwin and Yuli, I'd imagine they're not gonna be so quick to walk him every time now, give him a chance to do his thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

after all the talk during last year's alcs (and after g1 of the ws) about springer being moved from the leadoff spot, i'm glad when it finally happened, it wasn't because he was sucking.  at the very least, this should shake up cora's approach.

i know yuli has been bad, but as everyone (especially ctj) pointed out, he's not a cleanup hitter.  he was never meant to be.  correa's injury has fucked this lineup.  moving him down and having him be a total non factor, then having to rely on yuli and marwin to be our power/run producer guys just isn't going to get it done.  those are "timely hit" guys and should be hitting 5-7 depending on the pitcher.  correa should be hitting cleanup, as a healthy carlos is a 27 homer, 115 rbi type of hitter.  but that's not our current situation.

if this wasn't the move, i would almost say to move springer to cleanup and go tuve-marwin-bregs-springer.  but i'm willing to play this out and see where it goes.

Love the lineup change.  They take a chance on a two run bomb every time they walk Bregman now.

And I like Marwin in the 4 hole.

And if not Sale tomorrow, who goes against JV??  Surely not Price on short rest.  Actually, does this mean Price isn't making another start?  Sale and Eovaldi for 6 and 7 with Price out of the pen?

Just win tonight and we're in really good shape for tomorrow.  Come on, guys.

39 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Love the lineup change.  They take a chance on a two run bomb every time they walk Bregman now.

And I like Marwin in the 4 hole.

And if not Sale tomorrow, who goes against JV??  Surely not Price on short rest.  Actually, does this mean Price isn't making another start?  Sale and Eovaldi for 6 and 7 with Price out of the pen?

Just win tonight and we're in really good shape for tomorrow.  Come on, guys.

i would have to think g5 will be a bullpen game featuring guys like eduardo rodriguez.  gotta win tonight and let jv pitch us to a 3-2 lead heading out of town.

let's score some mother fucking runs.  

• Like 1