Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Sucks, but looks like the right call. I'm sure everyone had a reasonable response, agreed on the outcome, and went home with smiles on their faces, right?

Well, if that is the right call in softball then that's why I know it sucks and will never watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This response confirms the accuracy of the smol dick joke. Don’t be such a thin skinned puss bro

Huh? While I’m a fan of the school I attended I’m pretty chill about sports I don’t participate in, and I’m firmly in the “don’t start none won’t be none” camp when it comes to being in someone else’s house. Your pearl clutching on a reply to a little good natured smack talking though…
  • Hook 'Em 1

shut up, microdick

Maybe small, but at least mine still works. I’ll be using it on my beautiful wife while you’re laying in your bunk with a beat up 1972 edition of Boy’s Life magazine pulling on that limp rope like a drunk trying to start a lawnmower with no gas in it.

On 6/5/2023 at 2:19 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

Sucks, but looks like the right call. I'm sure everyone had a reasonable response, agreed on the outcome, and went home with smiles on their faces, right?

Pitcher covering 3rd is at a 45 degree angle inward to the playing field with her body away from the bag.  If that's interference, then apply the same mentality for 1st base.

SMDH.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Pitcher covering 3rd is at a 45 degree angle inward to the playing field with her body away from the bag.  If that's interference, then apply the same mentality for 1st base.

SMDH.

The difference is there wasn’t a play to third, thus obstruction. 

If there had been a play there, the call is different.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

The difference is there wasn’t a play to third, thus obstruction. 

If there had been a play there, the call is different.

I agree with the obstruction call but the umpire has a decision to make as to whether the obstruction was enough to have prevented the runner from being safe at home. If you watch the plate umpire when the obstruction occurred he raises his left arm parallel to the ground. This is a signal for delayed dead ball, once the play is over the ball is dead. The umpire called it almost immediately although by rule he couldn't kill the play until all play had stopped. The only question I have is if the obstruction was enough to prevent the runner from scoring without the obstruction happening. If that is the case then to run scores, if not the runner is put back at 3rd base. By rule the runner is protected from the liability to be put out between 3rd base and home. However that is a judgement call by the umpire.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

She's out by maybe a step.  If she had the inside path available to round the bag, and hadn't slowed down at all due to the contact, she was safe easily, in my book.

I wouldn't say she would have been safe easily but it would have been a much closer play than it was. From a neutral perspective I'm fine with the call either way. From a former softball umpire perspective I probably make the same call that was made. Right, wrong or indifferent you just hate to see the game of that magnitude end on a call like that. Bottom line is the umpire did everything by the book, had great position to see the obstruction and made a quick decision based on all the information he had.

One little nuance not picked up on by most observers is the 1st base umpire made the out call at the plate, the third base umpire made the call at second base and the home umpire was covering third. Without perfect execution of the 3 man rotation that is taught to umpires, the obstruction at third would have never been picked up. My guess is these three umpires are very experienced veterans  and had all scenarios covered.

• Hook 'Em 8

15 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Maybe small, but at least mine still works. I’ll be using it on my beautiful wife while you’re laying in your bunk with a beat up 1972 edition of Boy’s Life magazine pulling on that limp rope like a drunk trying to start a lawnmower with no gas in it.

Wait are we not in the trust tree?  Never kink shame...