Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

Cool for German Institute trying to help infertile couples procreate naturally, with a little help from science.

What should give us all great pause is that the program was funded through an endowment to the Institute left by a person only knows as Mengele.  No possible to know where this is all headed...

That’s why I like the big cats. Almost always go for the throat to asphyxiate. Wolves and hyenas typically start eating their prey from behind, which is an asshole move. 

African lions are the exception and eat they’re prey alive frequently, starting from the back and just wildly brutal. It’s like they’d prefer to listen to the thing squeal as they’re gnawing on it. I did once see a tables-turned scenario where a bull Cape Buffalo came up on a den of lion cubs, and he promptly ground them all into the dirt until they stopped moving. A guy once wrote he never saw a wild thing sorry for itself, but I think it’s also true that wild thinks don’t give a fuck about feelings.

8 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Koko Head Crater says HI and F.U.  Still have PTSD from when my wife convinced me to do that in Hawaii by telling me her grandmother did it no problem in her later years. 

Try the Haiku Stairs on Oahu sometime (the "Stairway to Heaven"). Closed for decades, now with many steps and railings either missing or barely attached. 

image.thumb.png.523d42c4ba6576f615236e5f7258c09d.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

at 1:00-1:01, is that a jumper that didn't make it lying in the ditch?

This video made the rounds a while back.  Pretty sure there was a cameraman setup there ahead of time.

On 5/21/2023 at 10:38 PM, Born Burnt said:

From comments:

Spain’s public news agency EFE said the F-18 was training for a flying exhibition when the crash occurred. The Guardia Civil told The Associated Press that one of its patrols was the first to reach the pilot, who fell outside the exterior fence surrounding the airbase. According to the Guardia Civil, the pilot suffered injuries to his legs, apparently because he ejected with a parachute from a low altitude. He was evacuated to hospital in a helicopter. The Guardia Civil said it would collaborate with the military in investigating the crash. It said that the initial information provided by the pilot was that the plane had apparently suffered a malfunction.

Facts…schmacts. I guess that wasn’t his parachute after all.