Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

9 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

there's no way that guy lived, right? Jesus.

If he did he'll probably never try that shit again.  Imagine showing up at the hospital all beat up and with no pants.

Best possible outcome for him would be 2nd degree burns, two broken bones, and a concussion.  Darwin's working for you, all day, all night. 

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Maybe but what are the chances that he gets depantsed and trampled again?

I grew up with a guy who had something like that as his personal motto.  "Dude, you just got 16 stitches and a broken arm after trying that jump.  Don't try it again!"  "This time I'll go faster.  I can't fail to land it twice."

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Been trying to find this to buy, and my Amazon search history is going to be really fucking weird if anybody sees it.

There was this one time I saw a live human head sitting on the counter of a bar.  It looked at me and said, "Hi, my name's Ed.  If you buy me a drink I'll grow a body.  So I did, and poured it in his mouth.  Sure enough, he sprouted a body.  "If you buy me another beer I'll grow arms."  I was still shocked by what I had seen, but I bought another beer and poured it in his mouth.  Sure enough, he sprouted arms.  By now everyone in the bar was transfixed, amazed by what they had seen.  "If you buy me another beer I'll sprout legs." I figured I might as well, and sure enough he sprouted legs.  "One more beer and I'll have hands." Same as before, I bought the beer and poured it into his mouth . . . and out came the hands.  "One last beer and I'll have feet."  I bought the beer and poured it into his mouth . . . and he disappeared.  Poof, just vanished.

The bartender came over and leaned in and said philosophically, "Ed should have quit while he was a head."

I've carried that story with me since about 1972, when I heard it in middle school.  

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like the head I posted was from a doll kit like the one below.  Specifically, a "Reborn doll kit", and that's a whole rabbit hole to dive down

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reborn_doll

A reborn doll is a hand made art doll created from a blank kit or a manufactured doll that has been transformed by an artist to resemble a human infant with as much realism as possible. The process of creating a reborn doll is referred to as reborning and the doll artists are referred to as reborners. Reborn dolls are also known as lifelike dolls or reborn baby dolls

Some consumers of reborn dolls use them to cope with their grief over a lost child (a memory reborn), or as a portrait doll of a grown child. Others collect reborns as they would regular dolls. These dolls are sometimes played with as if they are an infant. Critics debate whether reborn dolls are harmful, or whether these dolls can help in the grieving process. Because of their realistic appearance, reborn dolls have occasionally been mistaken for real babies and "rescued" from parked cars after being reported to the police by passers-by.

71rLPlXElmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

edit: oh and a lot of these come with "birth certificates" that you fill out.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

Hard pass

I feel sympathy/empathy for people who have lost kids or who want kids but can't have them, and it went from me thinking "this would be an amusing Halloween joke to have in one of my kid's candy buckets" to

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

And while I'm no psychologist, I don't see how it can be healthy to use one of these as a substitute for whatever is missing in their lives.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I feel sympathy/empathy for people who have lost kids or who want kids but can't have them, and it went from me thinking "this would be an amusing Halloween joke to have in one of my kid's candy buckets" to

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

And while I'm no psychologist, I don't see how it can be healthy to use one of these as a substitute for whatever is missing in their lives.

Not to mention parents who have lost a child. It hasn’t happened to me, but it has to several friends and family through the years, and there is nothing more devastating. The last thing anyone in the world should be doing is exacerbating that agony in a sick attempt at humor. 

• Like 1

Not to mention parents who have lost a child. It hasn’t happened to me, but it has to several friends and family through the years, and there is nothing more devastating. The last thing anyone in the world should be doing is exacerbating that agony in a sick attempt at humor. 

Unless you have one made to look like someone’s deceased kid specifically to freak them out it’s just a doll. I’m sure parents with children who’ve passed occasionally see infants or dolls and think of their child. These are freakishly realistic though.

22 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Maybe but what are the chances that he gets depantsed and trampled again?

20 hours ago, davidg said:

My mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.

Even if they had a toothbrush, they couldn't reach 'em.

• Hook 'Em 2