Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

As someone who had a child that required one of those helmets, I can confirm that they do incidentally prevent a lot of head bonks, but they wouldn't do much for an incoming baseball. I've never understood why ballparks even allow babies anywhere not protected by a net.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

As someone who had a child that required one of those helmets, I can confirm that they do incidentally prevent a lot of head bonks, but they wouldn't do much for an incoming baseball. I've never understood why ballparks even allow babies anywhere not protected by a net.

That baby doesn’t need a net. He’s got supermom. 

I thought those were for formation of the skull, not for bonks. (I think you may have stated that, but just checking)

22 hours ago, Hate said:

My son had a bit of a scare when he was young in that he had a flat spot on his head because he literally slept in the same exact position every time he was asleep.  Our pediatrician referred us to Dr T (if you are in the Houston area and have a kid with skull issues, you know this doctor).  We went and sat in the waiting room with our perfectly healthy flat spot headed son and almost openly wept at what we saw.  Some of those kids had some real work that needed to be done.  We felt dumb for having been there.  Dr T saw our son and told us not to worry that he was fine.  Dr T gave us some exercises to use with our son and he would be great in just a couple of months.  Of course, Dr T was right and our son was fine.  But that waiting room made a lasting impression on me.  Hats off and much respect to those parents with kids that really need help.  I don't know how you do it. 

I took one of my kids to some specialty pediatrician along those lines in Orlando once and holy fuck the things I saw.  Heartbreaking.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

I took one of my kids to some specialty pediatrician along those lines in Orlando once and holy fuck the things I saw.  Heartbreaking.

Tip: Some of them you can pop the little tab on their skulls to see if they are past the sell by date. 

On 5/27/2021 at 11:09 PM, markstanco said:
On 5/27/2021 at 11:20 AM, SquishMitten said:

I thought those were for formation of the skull, not for bonks. (I think you may have stated that, but just checking)

Yes. That's what I meant by "incidentally" good at preventing head bonks. Our kid had torticollis, so her skull was a bit misshapen at birth. Think she wore the helmet for ~2 years. It was great when she was learning to sit up and then later when learning to walk and climb on shit. Don't think she cried a single time from hitting her head/helmet on the ground, coffee table, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Momma bear shouldn't bring her cubs into a yard full of dogs to fuck with momma human with puppies.

There were no bear cubs in that clip. It was a play on words and how the situation was reversed from the saying's typical usage, so I was talking about the human momma bear and her "cubs," i.e. puppies. 

26 minutes ago, bolverk said:

There were no bear cubs in that clip. It was a play on words and how the situation was reversed from the saying's typical usage, so I was talking about the human momma bear and her "cubs," i.e. puppies. 

yes, there are two to the left of the mama bear, you see them run off right at the beginning...

but your point stands, that woman was thinking about nothing but her pups! 🐶 

mama bear was prolly like...

jeternephew.gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

that was pretty incredible. i wonder if the UP was onboard? you don't often see a car with a door open, even an empty one. that train had two engines in the middle, I've never seen that before. 

very cool!

49 minutes ago, mchookem said:

that was pretty incredible. i wonder if the UP was onboard? you don't often see a car with a door open, even an empty one. that train had two engines in the middle, I've never seen that before. 

very cool!

I'm guessing that UP ,and any other railroad for that matter, takes a dim view of drones buzzing their trains. UP has been running some long trains recently and Santa Fe has done some experimenting with longer trains. I live near some tracks that are UP owned but Santa Fe occasionally uses and I have seen several of these longer strings. Most of the time the extra power is at the rear but I have seen the power in the middle for both of the carriers.

https://www.progressiverailroading.com/csx_transportation/article/Class-I-railroads-continue-the-longer-train-trend--55035

A drone advocacy group weighs in.

https://uavcoach.com/was-that-legal/