Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

15 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Couple of nightsticks to the head should have done the trick.  Unless, drugs.  Oh yeah.  Probably, drugs.

Paranoid schizophrenic.

Jerry York, 51 of North Little Rock, faces a count of fleeing, theft of property, criminal mischief and multiple battery charges, following the incident between him and deputies back on December 8th. York's twin brother, Larry York, admits that his brother calls the cops quite often because he's "seeing things."

"He calls 911 always thinking someone is trying to kill him," said York.

Since 2002, the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office has documented more than 260 times that law enforcement has made a call out to York's home.
[...]
In a cellphone video that captured part of the initial altercation between Jerry York and deputies, Larry York said his brother's mental condition was on full display. York said his brother is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic.
[...]
Lt. Cody Burk, PCSO public information officer, said the sheriff's office has York's residence flagged as someone with a mental disorder, however the two deputies that responded were unaware of his condition.

Pretty sad. I think it's time for the U.S. to join the rest of the developed world and take better care of its mentally ill citizens.
Edited by Netzer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Netzer said:

Paranoid schizophrenic.

Pretty sad. I think it's time for the U.S. to join the rest of the developed world and take better care of its mentally ill citizens.

I will avoid cloak rooming this thread, but you are exactly right. Treatment of people with mental illness in our country is uniformly and historically abysmal. State hospitals are operating at 8% of their previous capacities. Jails are by far our largest mental health facilities, without exaggeration or hyperbole. 1/6 of all people behind bars in the USA are seriously mentally ill. People with serious mental illness have an average life expectancy of 62 and are 10 times more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators of violence, yet they spend 7 times longer behind bars than people without mental illness when charged with the same crime.

That was indeed a holy shit video but Netzer is right; it's past time for us to deal with mental illness as an illness, not as a crime. Rant over; back to the holy shit videos.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I will avoid cloak rooming this thread, but you are exactly right. Treatment of people with mental illness in our country is uniformly and historically abysmal. State hospitals are operating at 8% of their previous capacities. Jails are by far our largest mental health facilities, without exaggeration or hyperbole. 1/6 of all people behind bars in the USA are seriously mentally ill. People with serious mental illness have an average life expectancy of 62 and are 10 times more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators of violence, yet they spend 7 times longer behind bars than people without mental illness when charged with the same crime.

That was indeed a holy shit video but Netzer is right; it's past time for us to deal with mental illness as an illness, not as a crime. Rant over; back to the holy shit videos.

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, but I'm calling b.s. on the "7 times longer" stat.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:26 PM, honolulu horn said:

Haven't you heard?  "Emotional Support Animals" have cured the entire country's mental illnesses!. 

imgur

On 12/28/2018 at 1:12 PM, Netzer said:

Paranoid schizophrenic.

Twin brothers "Jerry and Larry".  I blame the parents.  Just as bad as naming them "Hubert and Hebert".  

1 hour ago, Brew said:

My Dad sent these to me out of the blue today for some random reason. This is what happens to a 92 Camaro when you hit a tree at an excessively high rate of speed. Somehow my 18 year old self didn’t end up dead.b4a1d6dc872c2a9bd3c6c9e4eb46daa0.jpg22a70ce2b6b44e652347775f710b051a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did your mullet and your .38 Special cassette survive?  😂

On 12/28/2018 at 11:26 PM, honolulu horn said:

—> www.aclu.org <—

• Fuck You 3

On 12/30/2018 at 8:24 PM, Brew said:

My Dad sent these to me out of the blue today for some random reason. This is what happens to a 92 Camaro when you hit a tree at an excessively high rate of speed. Somehow my 18 year old self didn’t end up dead.b4a1d6dc872c2a9bd3c6c9e4eb46daa0.jpg22a70ce2b6b44e652347775f710b051a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bitchin.  Did you run over your neighbor?

• Like 2

The New Year's fireworks in Honolulu are crazy. Keep in mind this is just regular people across the city shooting off their personal collections of fireworks.

I can't figure out how to embed the videos here. The short video (the one with the palm tree in the foreground) is nuts, but if you start the other video at around 18:00 (the "live stream") you'll see the real deal.

https://www.khon2.com/news/local-news/illegal-aerials-ring-in-2019-with-multiple-injuries-and-fires/1682755386

Edited by honolulu horn
  • Like 1