Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

On 1/18/2019 at 1:47 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Much like myself ignoring the potato and salad bar at Texas de brasil, the white and any white tip or tiger would be focused on the whale carcass. 

i always get 1 plate of salad bar, but the only vegetable to be seen on my plate is some capers for the smoked salmon.  the parma ham on the salad bar at fogo is likely the priciest food in the whole joint. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 9:34 AM, Moby Ric said:

Yep, banned for life, and his friends too.  Dumbass.

I wish I could be banned from cruises for life so my poor friends would stop asking me to go on one for a group vacation.  Cruises are the worst thing we've ever invented and that's fucking saying something.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Netzer said:

Back when I was a kid we had a German Shepard that like to ride in the bed of our old Ford pick up.  When we were driving on the country roads he would try to get into the cab by going around on the outside with his hind legs on the tailgate and his front paws on the door handle.  He never fell.  That dog was like a flying Walenda.

32 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Back when I was a kid we had a German Shepard that like to ride in the bed of our old Ford pick up.  When we were driving on the country roads he would try to get into the cab by going around on the outside with his hind legs on the tailgate and his front paws on the door handle.  He never fell.  That dog was like a flying Walenda.

More like a rubber-dog if he could reach the tailgate and doorhandle at the same time 

I grew up in dancing country. We had a Border Collie that would ride on the roof of the truck when you were pulling a gooseneck. Also had a buddy with a horse that would jump into the bed of his pickup, and lay down to be transported. He never had to pull a trailer for him. Ol' Buck would stick his head around the driver's side of the cab to enjoy the view. 

CHIEF

33 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

They sure do like burning houses down in Detroit. 

I'm pretty sure they have vigilante arsonists up there. They think they're helping the neighborhoods out by burning them to the ground so they can't be crack houses/filled with squatter drug addicts. 

1 minute ago, BearMace said:

I'm pretty sure they have vigilante arsonists up there. They think they're helping the neighborhoods out by burning them to the ground so they can't be crack houses/filled with squatter drug addicts. 

I was more thinking they did turn into crack houses, and someone accidentally set it on fire when lighting up. 

2 hours ago, BearMace said:

I guess under certain circumstances I can see the merit in that.  If the property is abandoned and going to become infested with gangs and crack addicts that will bring down the neighborhood, then burn it to the foundation.  

5 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I guess under certain circumstances I can see the merit in that.  If the property is abandoned and going to become infested with gangs and crack addicts that will bring down the neighborhood, then burn it to the foundation.  

It’s Detroit. How much lower can the neighborhood get?

34 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

some things cannot be unseen.  holy shit the dude drinking the black sludge dna shit from prometheus

I think I'd rather have a glass full of squirming flesh-eating worms than watching that movie again.

Anyway, a quick reminder why one's speed should never exceed one's visibility.

2 hours ago, Netzer said:

I think I'd rather have a glass full of squirming flesh-eating worms than watching that movie again.

Anyway, a quick reminder why one's speed should never exceed one's visibility.

I spent my morning helping my daughter get her car pulled out of the ditch. She was driving home last night on a two-lane highway, into snow heavy enough that she couldn’t see very far in front of her. She came upon some deer, slammed on her brakes, slid sideways, but somehow missed the deer and went into the ditch without rolling her car.

I told her she was obviously driving too fast for the conditions, but she said that then someone driving faster might’ve rear ended her. I responded that maybe she should have stayed at her friend’s house.

I’ll show her that video.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I told her she was obviously driving too fast for the conditions, but she said that then someone driving faster might’ve rear ended her.

I'm glad your daughter is OK, but that's one "creative" excuse.

Tell her to get real snow tires (not just all-season sets) for her car, if she doesn't have them already. That investment beats the cost of pretty much any damage to your or another person's vehicle, not to mention possible physical harm.

We just had some pretty severe snowfall in the Alps, with up to 15 feet within a couple of days, which made driving in general a bit of a challenge.