Austin Woman Missing 360/2222 Area

M12BH

3 minutes ago, The Tres Leches said:

Chief Manley had a presser.  They think no foul play involved.  Boyfriend said she had a medical condition which would cause confusion after 30 min of walking in the heat.  Video from buildings confirm.

Couldn't they have flagged someone down for help? That was really dumb planning unless she has a large life insurance policy listing him as the beneficiary.

18 minutes ago, The Tres Leches said:

Boyfriend said she had a medical condition which would cause confusion after 30 min of walking in the heat.  Video from buildings confirm.

Did they know about this condition before they decided the solution was her walking down an Austin highway in the middle of the day in August?

1 hour ago, The Tres Leches said:

Chief Manley had a presser.  They think no foul play involved.  Boyfriend said she had a medical condition which would cause confusion after 30 min of walking in the heat.  Video from buildings confirm.

Being overweight is a medical condition

we used to live off courtyard.  if they were at the intersection of courtyard/360 and she wanted to get to the office building, that is a terrible hill to climb.  i used to jog loops from the stop sign down to 360 and back up to the stop sign.  the closest office building is then a left turn down that street.  in 70 degree weather the climb was hard for me and i was mid 20s, in shape, and lettered in track.  i think she severely underestimated that climb.

So, to review:

1) They get a flat and somehow repair it (air in a can?  No, seems like she fixed it, left her lug wrench behind?).
2) They get another flat not even a mile down the road.
3) She says to 1-legged fiance, I have to go back and fetch me my lug nut remover.
4) Starts walking, disappears.
5) Finance waits 4 hours, nuthin'.  Then calls 911.
6) They start lookin' for her.
7) Find her like what, 5 days later?  5 days?
8) She didn't even get a few hundred yards 'afore she gets to a buidling in The Courtyard, goes through it, and dies on the other side.

Never has a title been so appropriate:
61G0QtDQ75L.jpg

24 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

So, to review:

1) They get a flat and somehow repair it (air in a can?  No, seems like she fixed it, left her lug wrench behind?).
2) They get another flat not even a mile down the road.
3) She says to 1-legged fiance, I have to go back and fetch me my lug nut remover.
4) Starts walking, disappears.
5) Finance waits 4 hours, nuthin'.  Then calls 911.
6) They start lookin' for her.
7) Find her like what, 5 days later?  5 days?
😎 She didn't even get a few hundred yards 'afore she gets to a buidling in The Courtyard, goes through it, and dies on the other side.

Never has a title been so appropriate:
61G0QtDQ75L.jpg

They had a donut spare which they probably didn't maintain well so it was flat too. 

4 minutes ago, crackamacgowski said:

They had a donut spare which they probably didn't maintain well so it was flat too. 

Fair enough, but when that gets flat, you might consider calling...

... er, nevermind.  They got off the Rational Train after step 1.  

The APD map doesn't seem to quite line up with the story.  The spot marked "Recovery" is quite a ways from West Courtyard & 360.  If she actually walked all the way from ~ Pennybacker Bridge up to Lakewood and then back south, it's not surprising she could have succumbed to heat stroke, but the story still seems a little vague.

photo

28 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Still weird they didn't start really looking for her for so long.  Hell, she may have still been alive but unconscious on the ground for hours behind that building.

Chief Manley seemed to be indicated that this was problematic, and that they'd be looking at their investigation protocols.  The initial responding officer searched for a whole 15 minutes.

They could have mobilized a search -- even a volunteer one -- that day.  Texas Equusearch, for example.  Hell, my son roams the greenbelt behind our house, and I told him to keep his eye out (in case she'd wandered that far).  They didn't decide to search in earnest until Sunday, and by then, she was long dead.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Chief Manley seemed to be indicated that this was problematic, and that they'd be looking at their investigation protocols.  The initial responding officer searched for a whole 15 minutes.

They could have mobilized a search -- even a volunteer one -- that day.  Texas Equusearch, for example.  Hell, my son roams the greenbelt behind our house, and I told him to keep his eye out (in case she'd wandered that far).  They didn't decide to search in earnest until Sunday, and by then, she was long dead.

15 minutes. Great police work. "Damn, it's hot out here. I need to get back to my cruiser."

The APD map doesn't seem to quite line up with the story.  The spot marked "Recovery" is quite a ways from West Courtyard & 360.  If she actually walked all the way from ~ Pennybacker Bridge up to Lakewood and then back south, it's not surprising she could have succumbed to heat stroke, but the story still seems a little vague.

map2_1535419678213_53339384_ver1.0_640_360.png
Looks like she went up courtyard and turned on to Shepherd mtn CV and went in to those buildings there. That's a weird path she took.