Austin Woman Missing 360/2222 Area

M12BH

5 hours ago, The University said:

noticed that apd csi was at lakewood/360 about ten minutes ago. a helicopter was also circling in that area.

i dunno. could be jimmy hoffa.

The crime scene tech put on a hazmat suit and climbed down into the storm sewer on the corner of creek bluff/Lakewood dr.

Edited by Orange&White

13 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

bunch of nextdoor nerds sayiung there is a shotload of police cars and mobile crime scene unit etc at 360 and 2222.  no clue if a crane is there also

I noticed that earlier today it started with a couple parks and wildlife trucks with the lights on, not it is a full on crime unit. It is on 2222 just north of 360 

23 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

bunch of nextdoor nerds sayiung there is a shotload of police cars and mobile crime scene unit etc at 360 and 2222.  no clue if a crane is there also

23 hours ago, hornbri said:

I noticed that earlier today it started with a couple parks and wildlife trucks with the lights on, not it is a full on crime unit. It is on 2222 just north of 360 

A guy on reddit said he called into the APD hotline to offer some info and was told that they had located the woman, but no additional info.

I'd guess that between all of the activity near 222/360 yesterday and that info this morning, that we're probably going to be hearing some bad news pretty soon.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/police-find-missing-woman-s-body-in-wooded-area-near-loop-360/1399757829

AUSTIN (KXAN) -- Authorities have found the body of a woman who was reported missing by her fiance a week ago. 

Austin police say K-9 crews found 47-year-old Angela L. Morris' body in a wooded area behind a business complex at the corner of West Courtyard Drive and North Capital of Texas Highway/Loop 360 Sunday morning just before 6 a.m.

Morris was last seen walking northbound on Capital of Texas Highway on Monday, Aug. 20 at approximately 2 p.m. after her car broke down. Morris' fiance, Andi Davies, said they were drivingalong the highway when they had two tires blow out. 

Davies, an amputee, said Morris walked back along the highway from Courtyard Drive towards Lakewood Drive to find a wheel lock they left on the side of the road. But hours later, she never came back. 

K-9 crews and detectives were out searching for Morris on Sunday and that's when they found her body. The Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy to determine her cause of death. 

Edited by KaiserSoze

from the original article...

She was last seen wearing a peach tank top, peach jeans and white sandals on Loop 360 near West Courtyard Drive, which is just north of the Pennybacker Bridge.

so she was found in the woods behind a building at Courtyard drive, meaning she didn't walk very far at all. it is sad and sickening to think that in that short of a time period that she could come across someone that would pick a woman up and kill her. assuming that is what happened.

Just now, po elvis said:

from the original article...

so she was found in the woods behind a building at Courtyard drive, meaning she didn't walk very far at all. it is sad and sickening to think that in that short of a time period that she could come across someone that would pick a woman up and kill her. assuming that is what happened.

Yeah....there's a lot odd here.  

If it's a case of a stranger picking her up and killing her....that's a really unusual place to do it.  There are lots of folks in that area (folks who park to climb up the ridge to look over the lake).  They could likely hear a scream.  Seems that a predator would take her someplace more remote.

Unless it's a total crime of opportunity by someone who wasn't really thinking of being a predator -- maybe even one of the vagrants who frequent that area?

Or maybe she was disoriented/intoxicated, and wandered off and fell?  Lots of rugged land there.

It was mentioned in one article that she had told her fiancee that she was going to go into a nearby office building and wash her hands. 

Maybe she did that and then went out the back thinking she could cut through the woods and end up back on 360, not knowing that it is very hilly/rugged terrain back there?

Still very weird.

me thinks the boyfriend might have been a more "mobile" than what's being reported.  And not very smart if no witnesses saw her walking down 360.  I'd guess he was involved and drove a bit up the road after, came up with the flat tire story, etc...Can he drive a car?  Article said amputee but does that mean both legs? 1 arm? 1 leg? If he can't operate a vehicle,then who knows, but I'd say a random killer stranger picking her up in that area is the  least likely event on the list of possibilities. 

Edited by ballrific

I believe they said they'd been working on the car for a few hours at the point she started walking right? Even if she had been sitting in the AC (assuming they had working AC in their car) the sun will take its toll on you after working on a tire like that. She would have been doing most of the work with him missing a leg. I had to take a tire off my car on a black top with no shade the other day and it was pretty terrible. I'm young(ish), pretty much healthy, and I know my way around tires so it didn't take more than 20 minutes - not to mention I had an iced tea and functioning AC waiting for me when I was done. Maybe it was just too much for her with her weight and possibly not being prepared with water or other liquids. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ballrific said:

me thinks the boyfriend might have been a more "mobile" than what's being reported.  And not very smart if no witnesses saw her walking down 360.  I'd guess he was involved and drove a bit up the road after, came up with the flat tire story, etc...Can he drive a car?  Article said amputee but does that mean both legs? 1 arm? 1 leg? If he can't operate a vehicle,then who knows, sounds like a weird story.

He's got one leg and uses a walker to get around. At least that is what was portrayed to the cameras.

18 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Semi-related question.  How often do the folks that live in that area see vagrants?  I noticed a vagrant camped along Bull Creek (just east of 360 near Winding Ridge Blvd) earlier this year.  Looked like he had been there for quite a while.  

There's a regular population in the area.  I suspect that APD has visited with them as both possible witnesses and suspects.

33 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Semi-related question.  How often do the folks that live in that area see vagrants?  I noticed a vagrant camped along Bull Creek (just east of 360 near Winding Ridge Blvd) earlier this year.  Looked like he had been there for quite a while.  

I've seen tents down below The Courtyard (SE corner of 360/2222, just a bit west of The County Line and the fire station).

I looked at an office in that complex a few years ago. The agent renting it played basketball for UT.

I asked if he knew about shaggy and he said yes. I asked if he read it and he replied:

"I had 10,000 people at every home game telling me I sucked, I didn't need to read about it too"

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

I looked at an office in that complex a few years ago. The agent renting it played basketball for UT.

I asked if he knew about shaggy and he said yes. I asked if he read it and he replied:

"I had 10,000 people at every home game telling me I sucked, I didn't need to read about it too"

Connor Atchley?

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

It was mentioned in one article that she had told her fiancee that she was going to go into a nearby office building and wash her hands. 

Maybe she did that and then went out the back thinking she could cut through the woods and end up back on 360, not knowing that it is very hilly/rugged terrain back there?

Still very weird.

forgot about the part about her going to wash her hands in an office building.

so we have several possibilities:

1. She cuts through the woods and is attacked by a mountain lion.

2. She cuts through the woods and she falls and hurts herself badly enough where she lays there and eventually dies.

3. She runs into a homeless person in the woods and he/she kills her.

4. Somebody picks her up on side of road and kills her and dumps her in the nearby woods.

5. Boyfriend somehow did it.

4 hours ago, Ollie Slatt said:

I’ve seen a vagrant emerge from a surrounding green belt into NW hills. It creeped me out.