Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

CNN has a big interview with Hillary on this.  I thoroughly approve.  Hillary epitomizes so much.  She's the perfect representative of the anti-Kavanaugh forces.  Nothing she says is about the facts of what really happened.  My only complaint is that the CNN interviewer can't seem to understand the importance of getting her to explain her theories as they apply to Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, Leslie Milwee and Paula Jones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

Kavanaugh's supporters are correctly saying that it seems impossible to determine if Kavanaugh blacked out ever.   but we see statements supporting him like from his college buddy, Chris Dudley who stated he never saw Kavanaugh black out.    the right seems to be dismissing statement where people are saying they saw/know Kavanaugh black out but they're not refuting Dudley saying he never saw it.  Can't have it both ways.

I also think some people are saying that "blacked out" is some rare event for heavy drinkers.  If you're very drunk, I guarantee you don't recall everything that happened the next morning.  I've heard my friends in the past make the comment that they can't recall going to bed, and I know I've said the same.   If there is a point you don't recall the end of the night and have to be told what happened, you blacked out.   I find it hard to believe that any heavy drinking college aged person doesn't at least get to that point several times.  

Does anyone here, who drank in college, claim that they've never blacked out from drinking?

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kavanaugh's supporters are correctly saying that it seems impossible to determine if Kavanaugh blacked out ever.   but we see statements supporting him like from his college buddy, Chris Dudley who stated he never saw Kavanaugh black out.    the right seems to be dismissing statement where people are saying they saw/know Kavanaugh black out but they're not refuting Dudley saying he never saw it.  Can't have it both ways.

I also think some people are saying that "blacked out" is some rare event for heavy drinkers.  If you're very drunk, I guarantee you don't recall everything that happened the next morning.  I've heard my friends in the past make the comment that they can't recall going to bed, and I know I've said the same.   If there is a point you don't recall the end of the night and have to be told what happened, you blacked out.   I find it hard to believe that any heavy drinking college aged person doesn't at least get to that point several times.  

Does anyone here, who drank in college, claim that they've never blacked out from drinking?

does anyone here, who is a drinker at all, not blacked out?

43 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

clever, although it would be pretty pretty weird for someone to accuse someone of murdering them....you know, because they're alive.  Super sleuths might figure out pretty quickly that would be a false allegation.  

Just saw on twitter that Feinstein does not want the FBI report to be made public.  Pretty good troll by her.  

According to Ted Cruz, you can be sitting in your apartment, minding your own business, and find yourself murdered. Just like that. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Pretty wild going onto different partisan boards and reading the comments. We literally live in two different Americas. 

We do live in two different Americas but the divide isn’t partisan.

It’s a division of morals, truth, and accountability.

One side wants to destroy these things, the other side wants to preserve them.

8 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

CNN has a big interview with Hillary on this.  I thoroughly approve.  Hillary epitomizes so much.  She's the perfect representative of the anti-Kavanaugh forces.  Nothing she says is about the facts of what really happened.  My only complaint is that the CNN interviewer can't seem to understand the importance of getting her to explain her theories as they apply to Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, Leslie Milwee and Paula Jones.

Lol mr doughnuts dude, that wasn't an interview with her, that was video from a conference she was speaking at. I love how you jump at the chance to bind her with anything oppositional to your own beliefs so that way you have a better straw man to swing at. Welcome back, Tahoe. I hope you find more pedophiles to support for US senate in the future so we can continue to mock you on the new board.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We do live in two different Americas but the divide isn’t partisan.

It’s a division of morals, truth, and accountability.

One side wants to destroy these things, the other side wants to preserve them.

Uh huh. Thats verbatim what I see the other side saying. And both sides believe it. 

11 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I don't really know what it means.  If it is just go to sleep in your bed and can't remember something past a certain point the night before, yeah.  If it is lose consciousness somewhere, no.

that's it. blackout = lost time. when someone relates to you a story about last night that you don't remember = blackout. 

i don't actually think it's, in and of itself, a bad thing, necessarily. we all get over our skis from time to time. that he refused to admit it speaks to his strategy of trying to appear flawless.

19 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

that's a quote from someone pretty confident in her power.   Assuming that McConnell doesn't want to risk losing, there won't be a vote until Flake, Murkowski and Collins are satisfied.  They can't be at a Yes until they read/digest a complete FBI report.   

My guess is that you won't see a vote this week.  McConnell will cry and whine about Dems all week/end.

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lol mr doughnuts dude, that wasn't an interview with her, that was video from a conference she was speaking at. I love how you jump at the chance to bind her with anything oppositional to your own beliefs so that way you have a better straw man to swing at. Welcome back, Tahoe. I hope you find more pedophiles to support for US senate in the future so we can continue to mock you on the new board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqovG99Q9GA

27 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

does anyone here, who is a drinker at all, not blacked out?

I have drank plenty.  I have thrown up.  I have passed out.  I have never blacked out.  Not once have I had my friends tell me things I've done without me fully remembering them.

I do laugh at people saying he had a drinking problem based on these stories.  Minus the sexual assault accusations, he sounds like most guys I went to high school and college with.  Drank plenty and had fun.  Acted immature.  Got their schoolwork taken care of and got jobs after college.  They didn't get their drinking "under control" as that implies a problem.  Their priorities and free time just changed once they got out of college.

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

I find it odd people haven't blacked out. You guys are not trying hard enough.

Especially the years in question for Kavanaugh. What kid experimenting with alcohol hasn't taken it too far a couple of times and blacked out?

9 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Especially the years in question for Kavanaugh. What kid experimenting with alcohol hasn't taken it too far a couple of times and blacked out?

I probably went out 6 night a week in college.  Did more than just drinking  I remember the drunkest nights of my life all the way up to passing out on couches and people waking me up to put trash cans by my head to throw up in.  

I've never thought of not blacking out as some sort of superpower.  Assumed most people were lying when they claimed they couldn't remember.  Seemed too convenient.

The only time that I've lost track of time and actions was my colonoscopy.

Every one of you fuckers could've raped someone and you don't have plausible deniability.

Edited by Don Johnson

How do some of you know you've never blacked out?  A big part of blacking out is not remembering you blacked out.

If not for a few pictures on my phone that I discovered a week after my trip to the Ukraine, I would have thought my blacked out days ended in college.

1 minute ago, Don Johnson said:

Every one of you fuckers could've raped someone and you don't have plausible deniability.

Alcohol makes you lose inhibitions.  It doesn't turn you into someone else.  It expands what you might do to the limits of what you are.  If you have a hard line that you'd never cross, you'd never cross it.

• Like 1

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Alcohol makes you lose inhibitions.  It doesn't turn you into someone else.  It expands what you might do to the limits of what you are.  If you have a hard line that you'd never cross, you'd never cross it.

Yer mom crossed my hard line last night, several times.... obligatory of course.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

How do some of you know you've never blacked out?  A big part of blacking out is not remembering you blacked out.

If not for a few pictures on my phone that I discovered a week after my trip to the Ukraine, I would have thought my blacked out days ended in college.

I don't consider myself an expert in this field but there can be a gray area between blacking and passing out.  

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I agree with that for the most part (many do things drunk they'd never do when sober, and not just becasue of inhibitions).  However that is not the angle many want to take with Kavanaugh.  They want him to admit to blacking out, therefore he can't 100% deny.

9 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

I don't like getting heavily drunk. I'd rather sit at a nice buzz.

I don't anymore, that's for sure.

But when I was 18 with a great fake ID and our favorite bar had a fishbowl with 10 shots of Everclear for 10 bucks, there's was much blacking out happening. My roommate was blacked out for a day and half after 1.5 fishbowls.

39 minutes ago, retread said:

I think I heard that McConnell would have to put a vote on the calendar today to have a vote on Friday

I wonder if he’s trying to get ahead of the FBI and Ramirez stuff.  Everybody is talking about him committing perjury, but it’s the elephant in the room with the Senate - nobody is openly talking about it influencing the vote just yet.

And it does matter to some - some in the Senate on the Right consider themselves better than everybody else, and get a little testy if somebody below them straight-up lies to their faces.

20 minutes ago, G650 said:

I don't anymore, that's for sure.

But when I was 18 with a great fake ID and our favorite bar had a fishbowl with 10 shots of Everclear for 10 bucks, there's was much blacking out happening. My roommate was blacked out for a day and half after 1.5 fishbowls.

Not my style

Just now, triplehorn said:

Kyle Griffin:

Jeff Flake called Kavanaugh's interactions with senators during last week's hearing "sharp and partisan."

"We can't have that on the Court," Flake said.

Sounds like Flake is a No in the full vote, if it ever happens.

Yeah no, Flake is a yes until he says no. 

Have you not been paying attention to Flake? 

• Like 3

Kyle Griffin:
Jeff Flake called Kavanaugh's interactions with senators during last week's hearing "sharp and partisan."

Maybe, but then again, these facts were known to Flake when he initially announced a Yes vote.

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Kyle Griffin:

Flake will say that Kavanaugh gets a pass because of the stress he was under due to the false allegations, assuming the FBI cannot corroborate anything. 

Flake walks and talks like he has a backbone right up until it's time to vote on something. He will vote yes, with a sad face.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Kyle Griffin:

Guess you didn't watch 60 mins where Flake gave Kavanaugh a pass given what he'd been accused of.  Flake did all this to get the heat to turn down at bit on the partisanship.  Doesn't really look like that is happening.

And just to contribute, blacked out once in college but it was due to hammering a xanax and drinking punch all night.  Never touched xanax again.

1 minute ago, scottsins said:

Maybe, but then again, these facts were known to Flake when he initially announced a Yes vote.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it's an isolated event for a committee member to vote Yes to send it to the floor where they then cast a No vote.  The Yes committee vote was conditional on the FBI investigation being reinitiated.  That's a smart bargain for someone who can then vote No later while giving the full body of senators a chance to vote based on potentially new or more complete information.  And truly, we are in very different waters than we were just 5 days ago.

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

Guess you didn't watch 60 mins where Flake gave Kavanaugh a pass given what he'd been accused of.  Flake did all this to get the heat to turn down at bit on the partisanship.  Doesn't really look like that is happening.

And just to contribute, blacked out once in college but it was due to hammering a xanax and drinking punch all night.  Never touched xanax again.

I might have blacked out once at Bandon Dunes a few years back after several vodka sodas and a muscle relaxer.  I don't recommend that combination.

• Like 1