Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

While the consensus is that Meyer would only stick around for 5-7 years. Wouldn't be shocked in the least if he stuck around longer. I'd be okay with it, hopefully that means a dynasty type run and steps down when he knows it's time and rides off into the sunset placing his name up there with DKR. That's a perfect world scenario though. Let me dream damn it. 

Meyer did a good job with transitional coaches to take his place at Utah and Ohio State.   Florida not so much.   Florida as always is a special circumstance.   

Edited by Nueces River Rat

13 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Meyer did a good job with transitional coaches to take his place at Utah and Ohio State.   Florida not so much.   Florida as always is a special circumstance.   

Florida reached with Muschamp, saved us from ourselves. Then went for a Saban disciple that had 1 good season at a G5 school and shit the bed. Mullen is better than their last dipshit coach, but he will never elevate them to the level Meyer had them at.

No more cheap knockoffs, go get the real deal. Let him redefine the program and get his guys in place for a proper succession.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nope said:

Gotta say I disagree with the caption

Nah, it's both. Players get their queues from the coaching staff. A real coaching staff would yank Brown off the field for the rest of the half. A real coaching staff would bench Kerstetter after his dumb mistake cost the team 4 points in a game that took 4 OTs to decide. So on and so forth..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Nah, it's both. Players get their queues from the coaching staff. A real coaching staff would yank Brown off the field for the rest of the half. A real coaching staff would bench Kerstetter after his dumb mistake cost the team 4 points in a game that took 4 OTs to decide. So on and so forth..

Fuck Riley had the stones to sit Rattler's ass down yesterday....in the Cotton Bowl, against the rival he has to beat.  I turned to my buddy at the game yesterday and said "right there is what a real coach looks like"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Fuck Riley had the stones to sit Rattler's ass down yesterday....in the Cotton Bowl, against the rival he has to beat.  I turned to my buddy at the game yesterday and said "right there is what a real coach looks like"

Meanwhile two players quit mid game in a blowout win and their rewarded with playing time the following week. 

no accountability from Herman at all

• Hook 'Em 2

When we are a topic of pity (ridicule/hate/jokes I get--I hate OUSux too) on the Sooners board (I think of Blake and probably the only time I have ever felt a small bit of pity for OU) we have to get rid of Herman. Seriously. God Bless America with this shit.

https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/sports-forums/athletics/football

Like three or four topics and quite a few pity us. This is the worst team they have fielded since they hired Stoops and yes, I know, Fuck OU, but this is how we are seen. A mark. We are a mark. Get rid of Herman.

When we are a topic of pity (ridicule/hate/jokes I get--I hate OUSux too) on the Sooners board (I think of Blake and probably the only time I have ever felt a small bit of pity for OU) we have to get rid of Herman. Seriously. God Bless America with this shit.
https://www.dirtburglars.com/forum/sports-forums/athletics/football

Like three or four topics and quite a few pity us. This is the worst team they have fielded since they hired Stoops and yes, I know, Fuck OU, but this is how we are seen. A mark. We are a mark. Get rid of Herman.

Whogivesashit.gif

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Getting drunk after watching that shit show yesterday is totally understandable.  You get a pass for that.  Now quit dicking around on the Surl and go land us that whale!

I don’t think anyone waited ‘til after the game to get drunk. It happened well before that if you planned on drinking at all yesterday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, XYZ said:

He’s not getting fired.

You keep saying this.  My question to you and everybody else who has this opinion is do you think he should be fired now and not if CDC will do it?  Do you feel he needs more time?  He will get better at this coaching thing?  He is the best we can do so let’s keep him a few more years?  I try and think of any other business including other sports programs (college and pro) and wonder if a guy in any position proves to be incompetent how often do people say, “yeah he is terrible at his job but let’s keep him around for a little longer”.  

• Hook 'Em 1

If Herman is still here for the rest of the 2020 season, I am just waiting for him to take this epic sports quote and make it his own:

(Courtesy of NBA Executive (at the time) Pat Williams): "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play."

1 minute ago, PilotsError said:

First wife is sexier but stopped fucking after the kid was born. Second wife is handsome but does ass to mouth regularly and wakes him up with blowjobs.

She also agreed to go out with him after he went 1-11 in his first season at WMU and everyone else in Kalamazoo hated him. 

Seems like we have 3 options for our next head coach.

1. Overpay to get Urban in here. It will be in the range of Jimbo but justifiably higher given Urban's resume.

2. Overpay to get a decent Power 5 head coach who's unhappy with his pay, like aggy with Jimbo but without the championship.

3. Spin the roulette wheel on another Group of 5 up and comer who may pay off but probably won't since the demands of this job are nothing like they're used to and certainly not ready for. 

We've tried two projects and they both had expected outcomes, Charlie's worse than Herman's. It's not my money and I no longer care about optics. Just hire the best person possible that can completely change our culture, recruiting, and most importantly develop the talent on the field. How many times could we have won games the past 4 years had we just gotten a little extra out of the existing players on the roster? Try for Mullen, I doubt he moves. Try for Urban, he at least is an option you can romance without any pressure. Your biggest threat to land him is USC and they won't get started for another month. If he's the guy, make him the guy. We've tried it the other way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Seems like we have 3 options for our next head coach.

1. Overpay to get Urban in here. It will be in the range of Jimbo but justifiably higher given Urban's resume.

2. Overpay to get a decent Power 5 head coach who's unhappy with his pay, like aggy with Jimbo but without the championship.

3. Spin the roulette wheel on another Group of 5 up and comer who may pay off but probably won't since the demands of this job are nothing like they're used to and certainly not ready for. 

We've tried two projects and they both had expected outcomes, Charlie's worse than Herman's. It's not my money and I no longer care about optics. Just hire the best person possible that can completely change our culture, recruiting, and most importantly develop the talent on the field. How many times could we have won games the past 4 years had we just gotten a little extra out of the existing players on the roster? Try for Mullen, I doubt he moves. Try for Urban, he at least is an option you can romance without any pressure. Your biggest threat to land him is USC and they won't get started for another month. If he's the guy, make him the guy. We've tried it the other way. 

Agree.  Just don’t waste time.    Do it tomorrow!  Change the momentum of this shitshow ASAP.   

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas