Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Sure thing, if by me saying those lame ass milkmen, having there shit together making us look bad because we have an inept  administration who is having to deal  with a Insubordinate ravioli eating genius makes me an Aggie than so be it. Guess I will direct all future support to the Collieville Coalition and The Jizz Jar Jubilee fund.

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Hahahaha. Brad Kellner gave a shout-out to my AP Top 10 Sunday Practice Rankings meme on 104.9 Horn today. His afternoon show, The Triple Option, has been ripping Mensa good. Click this link to download and listen to this 20 second bit. 

Top10Sunday PracticeRankings_ 480.mov 1.03 MB · 3 downloads

Screen-Shot-2020-10-21-at-8-58-07-AM.png    Who's in w/ me to cause Mensa as much grief as possible?

this post makes me wonder if carl has ever been mentioned on other horns sites or radio shows 

• Fuck You 1

Not a single post in 9 hours.  Surely Surly (see what I did here) are not all suffering from overhangs.  We have to keep this site near the top until we achieve our stated goal.

Do I need to buy a whole shitload load of alarm clocks for you guys?  I don’t live anywhere close to Austin so I rely on you guys to provide me with the inside scoop.  Come on, folks......I’m losing my faith here...

Edited by Bluemoon3287
Spell check

The still shot of that 3rd and one play is triggering me all over again.  

3 clearly better options( Smith, Whittington, tuck and run) than firing a 30 yd pass to a RB. With those options available to the QB, it was a great call.  Poorly executed.

Take what the D gives you, motherfucker.

Edited by Tylerocks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Things being this quiet must be a good omen, no?

I think after *over a week and a half of everyone screaming about Urban Meyer and firing Tom Herman, that there'd be some type of "not happening" surface. It hasn't. 

*maybe two and a half weeks for some of us

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I messaged the best man in our wedding, who is a Baylor grad, and asked him to make sure that they won this weekend so we could go ahead and fire Herman. He said it was a done deal. 

Baylor is probably the last team that can get the job done.  But remind me what I said immediately after the game :)

hmmmm...

Leverage for?... To get Urban to jump?

I'm guessing floating that there are other options do Urban's camp wouldn't feel they have us in an all or nothing situation.

I sure as hell hope it's just a leverage move if that's what they're hearing, bc Brian Kelly would be about as underwhelming a hire as we could get.

8 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Both Nahlin and Hamilton at IT heard Brian Kelly's name pop up yesterday but they think it is misdirection and donors trying to create some leverage.

So where does killing a camera guy fall on the list of things we are now ok with?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Lol. I know you are probably being facetious but Texas is an easier job than ND. I don't see Urban wanting the ND job.

Don't think he was joking. Interesting insight on both sides below.

Don't think he was joking. Interesting insight on both sides below.

Spoiler

It's a moot point bc Kelly isn't leaving Notre Dame, but money and wildly unrealistic expectations are probably about the same between Texas and Notre Dame. Biggest difference is we have better built in recruiting advantages.

That said, Notre Dame's job is not coming open so he's not going to have to make that choice.

Yeah he's not going to turn us down just because there's a long shot we hire Kelly instead and then hope ND wants him as a replacement.

His comments about looking at rosters are interesting though if he's thinking about us vs USC or others. Have to think we look pretty good there especially at the most important position (QB) even before Ewers.

And I can't imagine a new coach has ever walked into a job with an outstanding commitment from the #1 prospect in the next class..

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, jinx said:

So where does killing a camera guy fall on the list of things we are now ok with?

Great question.

Things that we are apparently good with:

1. Hiring rape apologists as QC coaches.

2. Dealing with street agents trainers in recruiting

3. Pursuing a head coach who harbored/enabled a physically abusive, mentally unstable husband 

Things that we are apparently not good with:

1. The Eyes of Texas

2. Brain dead football teams

3. Arrogant, stubborn, narcissistic, incompetent coaches 

We should just say fuck it and hire Huge Freeze.

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol. I know you are probably being facetious but Texas is an easier job than ND. I don't see Urban wanting the ND job.

For what its worth Brett McMurphy on Kirk Bohls' pod this morning said ND would be his first choice. Now that is just an opinion because there is zero chance that he has any  insider info on Urban after the Zach Smith saga he spear headed. 

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

For what its worth Brett McMurphy on Kirk Bohls' pod this morning said ND would be his first choice. Now that is just an opinion because there is zero chance that he has any  insider info on Urban after the Zach Smith saga he spear headed. 

Oh man. Now Urban is pushing the boosters. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas