Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Waking up at 5am isn’t a fucking stretch of a time to wake up either 

up at 5am get dressed and ready for  team breakfast at 6am. Team breakfast last 1 hour? Head to the stadium and there by 730-745. Position group meetings at 8-845 am. Team meeting from 845-930 then on the field for warmups and pregame shortly after. 

the time frame makes perfect sense everywhere except Texas apparently 

People worrying about what time a team wakes up.....we are in extreme double deep shit.  C’mon CDC, he’s ruining your rep and making you look like a spineless putz.  Let’s fire this guy and move on.  The decision has been made for you.  It’s easy at this point. There is every reason to fire him.  That’s it.  

Edited by Bluemoon3287
Soell check

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

A - I don't think we will lose to Baylor

2 - If we do lose, I'm not convinced it happens that fast.

iii - See A

I think he's canned no later than Wednesday if we lose to Baylor. Happy to take bets. We can call Thursday or Friday a push.

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If he loses to Baylor? How can you keep a guy any longer that loses to a team with an entire new coaching staff head coach, actual covid excuse, and etc. 

He's done if he loses to Baylor as I think that puts us out of title contention.  But, really doubtful they announce it that soon.

14 minutes ago, MrBig said:

What is this recent success you speak of?

We are oddly 4-1 against them in our last 5. Seems impossible, but hey were also a total mess for a few years after Briles.

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

uhhh

image.png

Of course satya is only capable of finding a screenshot of the one loss we have to them in the last 5 years.

Google has probably figured him out well enough  that it doesn’t even let him access info related to Texas wins. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MrBig said:

Urban won a title with this Tom Herman. The Herman we got is a piss and pulse monitoring genius.

spacer.png

This picture must be from the future.  Look how much hair he lost after Texas fired him!

17 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Never discount the idiot coach factor.

We all thought our coach was going to get it right this year.

No no no.  I wanted him fired last year.  quite a few of us did.

22 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’ve already said it, but Baylor has had all of 3 days to practice for this game. Texas has had 2 weeks. Add on top of that fact that Baylor sucks this year. 

Herman is a shitty coach. But he’s not shitty enough to lose to a terrible team with 3 days of practice. Anyone hoping for a loss will be sad on Saturday. You’ll get a 52 yard Dicker FG to win it as time expires, Herman and the Texas team erupting into jubilation like they accomplished something, and a @Michael Knight thread after calling the win & Herman’s coaching ability amazing, and like it. 

Double secret reverse jinx in effect.

I retract my last post. Apparently it was just myself and the media that thought he would figure it out this year. An experienced roster and a SR QB who at times can be very good. What could go wrong?

I wonder what the family is doing tonight besides getting ready for football?

And we probably will win tomorrow. But we still have 3 more opportunities, at minimum to feel the agony of Tom Herman Texas Football.

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I retract my last post. Apparently it was just myself and the media that thought he would figure it out this year. An experienced roster and a SR QB who at times can be very good. What could go wrong?

And we probably will win tomorrow. But we still have 3 more opportunities, at minimum to feel the agony of Tom Herman Texas Football.

I thought Yurcich was going to come in and get us going too

Guys, guys, the problem is the O-Line. They can't run-block and they can't pass-protect. Without at least a serviceable O-Line, Herman's grind-it-out, eat-the-clock pro spread offense simply won't work. 

Now, we'll probably beat Baylor but not cover, so Herman will be here for a little while, at least. If we can't get Urban, Herman'll be here next year while we do a protracted coaching search (and while the recruiting collapse accelerates).

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Nah, I;ll own it with you.  I drank the proverbial kool aid.

I thought this year was going to be different too.  New O...Sr QB, Cosmi, Kerstetter and Angilau returning.Ingram/Johnson returning...adding Robinson.  Ridiculous # of returning starters on D...switching to a 4 man front, unleashing Ossai off the edge.  everything was setting up to be "our year".

I know it was UTEP, but they looked good.  Play calling etc. Not sure what happened after week 1, but since then it's been ridiculous.

It's also obvious to me that Sam is making a concerted effort, whether on his own or instructed by coaches, to not pull and run.  It's almost as if he's trying to prove to whoever that he can be a legit passer.  He's making poor decisions and throwing the ball where he shouldn't instead of taking what the D is giving him.  It's super frustrating to watch.

I have no idea what to expect Saturday or for the rest of the season.  My hope is that we turn it around...something clicks.  

If not, we're looking at a 3-4 win team.

• Like 1

Of course satya is only capable of finding a screenshot of the one loss we have to them in the last 5 years.

Google has probably figured him out well enough  that it doesn’t even let him access info related to Texas wins. 

Not including non P5, under Herman:

3-0 vs K-State
3-0 vs Kansas
3-0 in bowls
3-1 vs Tceh
2-1 vs Iowa
2-1 vs Baylor
2-1 vs West Va
1-1 vs USC
1-2 vs Okie State
1-4 vs TCU
1-4 vs Oklahoma
0-2 vs Maryland
0-1 vs LSU

What else do we need for data points? Optics like this are far far worse than 3 coaches in a decade.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

thought this year was going to be different too.  New O...Sr QB, Cosmi, Kerstetter and Angilau returning.Ingram/Johnson returning...adding Robinson.  Ridiculous # of returning starters on D...switching to a 4 man front, unleashing Ossai off the edge.  everything was setting up to be "our year".

Same.  Then they shit the bed, rolled in it, and put on a white robe and went out to walk the dog.....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Guys, guys, the problem is the O-Line. They can't run-block and they can't pass-protect. Without at least a serviceable O-Line, Herman's grind-it-out, eat-the-clock pro spread offense simply won't work. 

Now, we'll probably beat Baylor but not cover, so Herman will be here for a little while, at least. If we can't get Urban, Herman'll be here next year while we do a protracted coaching search (and while the recruiting collapse accelerates).

No. 

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Yep that's it.. He still not on the fire Tom train as of now..  Feels he got dealt a bad blow with the Covid.. he has to take control of the offense because Yurcich hasn't had the time to implement his offense..  Ash and the defense is improving, tough switching to a new scheme and all.

** oh and doesn't like firing a 3rd coach within a decade **

Christ. 

This argument would make some sense if the 2020 team wasn't screwing up in the exact same ways as the 2019 team. Or the 2018 team. Or the 2017 team. 

Too many penalties. Terrible special teams play. Turtling tendencies. Bad strategic decision-making. These are not unique to 2020. These are hallmarks of bad coaching. Period. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Christ. 

This argument would make some sense if the 2020 team wasn't screwing up in the exact same ways as the 2019 team. Or the 2018 team. Or the 2017 team. 

Too many penalties. Terrible special teams play. Turtling tendencies. Bad strategic decision-making. These are not unique to 2020. These are hallmarks of bad coaching. Period. 

Yeah, @OnAComputer needs to climb aboard the FIRE HERMAN TRAIN !!!

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

It's also obvious to me that Sam is making a concerted effort, whether on his own or instructed by coaches, to not pull and run.  It's almost as if he's trying to prove to whoever that he can be a legit passer.  He's making poor decisions and throwing the ball where he shouldn't instead of taking what the D is giving him.  It's super frustrating to watch.

If only Tom had put some 50 Cent on his iPhone and let Sam be Sam.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

1-3 TCU. 1-4 OU. 0-2 Brockermeyer (not gunna give him walk-on Luke). That's it. Those are the three. 

To me, this is enough of a case to say "not our standard."  But if he runs the table, wins every game by double digits and wins the conference and a bcs bowl, he's not getting fired.  I truly believe that's what CDC and Urban are waiting on.

Worst case scenario, which I assume will happen because I can't have nice things, is he ekes out ugly wins in five of the next six games, loses one, sneaks into the CCG and loses a "hard fought game", goes to a bowl and upsets a higher ranked, but overranked, team and ends the season "on a high note" and won't get fired. It's what he does.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas