Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

10 hours ago, vtaenz said:

Are they really totally separate? You're not hiring a new coach without firing the old couch.
I guess I'm failing to understand how these are possibly "totally separate."

I read the message to say they are stand alone issues, i.e., Herman is going to get fired of his own merit, regardless of who the new coitch is and they are doing their very best to secure the Urb.  Tells me Herman’s dismissal is imminent, have to replace him and Urban is the first choice.....or at least that’s the way I fantasize about it 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
1 hour ago, RGBIII said:
FWIW CDC hired the miss st women’s basketball coach in like a week after firing...that doesn’t just happen without some real movement behind the scenes 

Based on this, I'm just going to assume it's already done and wait for the good news to be announced.

Wait for the herman loss

Decision-maker alignment and communication with Urban should have been happening for a year now, as soon as last season went off the rails. You have a HOF coach sitting there, who is as close as you can get to a guaranteed program-changer, and we stick with the guy whose teams bumblefuck around getting his ass beat by Baylor and beating Kansas on a last second FG. It shouldn't matter at this point what he does against Baylor today.

We know who he is. We know who Urban is. Make the change. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Watching segment where Urban just discussed what's needed in an OC, and how a Head Coach really needs a full-time playcaller to win championships just adds another club to the head of Herman...

Mensa is just not head coach material -- he's just another example of the Peter Principle.

Edited by LTtxfan

13 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

DEETS!?

Talking about what makes a good OC, all things not Mensa.  The best OCs he’s had we’re Mullen and Day.

23 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Tie color is part of the leverage for negotiations. This Is exactly why we need Urban. The man knows how to play the game. He just added another year on the contract.

At least it’s not crimson and gold.   Dome colored tie plus Kelly talk... if dome fired Kelly after a 1 loss season to snag Urban then fuck it all

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Watching segment where Urban just discussed what's needed in an OC, and how a Head Coach really needs a full-time playcaller to win championships just adds another club to the head of Herman...

Mensa is just not head coach material -- he's just another example of the Peter Principle.

This was followed by several references to momentum and its importance to college football. This can’t be a coincidence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

This was followed by several references to momentum and its importance to college football. This can’t be a coincidence. 

Then they asked him what his favorite cocktail is and he said he likes a good Belvedere and Powerade. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Wouldn’t that also be a shot at Ryan day?  Isn’t he still calling plays?

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas