Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m curious what good firing Herman now does except appease bloodthirsty emotional impatient fans?

I am curious what good keeping around somebody you 100% intend to fire in a position of immense power to fuck you over is.

I was told this over and over again with Mack Brown who used the opportunity to drive away recruits and interfere with coaching hires. If somebody needs to be fired, fire them. Being a head coach at a big time college football program is not just about coaching a team during the season. It is also about recruiting and managing the future of the program. Having somebody in there with zero stake in the future for months at a time is a disaster.

I don't know if that makes me impatient or emotional but I posted this right after the OU game and since we have had our recruiting collapse and the entire future of the program look to be in great danger. So tell me what has been gained by waiting around?

But this presumes that Herman will be fired this year. If for some reason we intend to remain committed to Tom Herman and keep him around then we are also fucking up by not falling over ourselves to support him and do damage control. We are doing neither. Just letting it all fall apart and I guess will continue to do so so we are as set up for failure as much as possible for the next couple years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Orangebloods is saying Herman is done and that it’s probably going to be urban Meyer. 

If so what are we waiting for? Why is he coaching the game on Saturday? I don't get it. Is he really going to be giving it his all if he knows he is done?

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Orangebloods is saying Herman is done and that it’s probably going to be urban Meyer. 

I figured that jiggly fuck was in a diabetic coma...that said Anwar has basically been Herman’s mouthpiece at Texas so maybe there’s something 

• Hook 'Em 1

Taken from someone on IT...I’m sure he wouldn’t put his charity golf tournament profit on it

Fat Ketch just said in his chat that he would bet his paycheck on Urban Meyer being the next coach at Texas. Said Intel came together today. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Taken from someone on IT...I’m sure he wouldn’t put his charity golf tournament profit on it

Fat Ketch just said in his chat that he would bet his paycheck on Urban Meyer being the next coach at Texas. Said Intel came together today. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Ahhh fuck

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Dude...   Rapelor and Pedo State

Penn State hired James Franklin, then recovered and won the Big Ten in just five years.

Baylor hired Matt Rhule, then recovered and had an 11-win season in three years.

We, on the other hand, have been stuck in our self-inflicted morass for a full decade now because Bellmont couldn't hire their way out of a paper bag the last ten years.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Penn State hired James Franklin, then recovered and won the Big Ten in just five years.

Baylor hired Matt Rhule, then recovered and had an 11-win season in three years.

We, on the other hand, have been stuck in our self-inflicted morass for a full decade now because Bellmont couldn't hire their way out of a paper bag the last ten years.

Didn’t penn state hire bill O’Brien as well before James franklin

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

So, like, 4 pounds of nachos?

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Penn state hired Bill O’Brien...let’s leave him out of this convo please

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

its happening the office GIF

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Didn’t penn state hire bill O’Brien as well before James franklin

Yeah, and Penn State got buried with NCAA sanctions as soon as he arrived. He still dragged the team to an 8-4 season and went to the NFL the next year.

What sanctions have we had to struggle with? Our issues are entirely self-inflicted.

• Like 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

He’s just spouting speculation from reading message his own and other boards, but how many good things has that guy torpedoed for us because he couldn’t keep is fat mouth shut?

everyone is already speculating this, highly doubt he could torpedo this

Just now, satyanash said:

Yeah, and Penn State got buried with NCAA sanctions as soon as he arrived. He still dragged the team to an 8-4 season and went to the NFL the next year.

What sanctions have we had to struggle with? Our issues are entirely self-inflicted.

Self sanction with Patterson/Perrin Strong/Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Herman got here in December and put together a transition class (2017) that finished ranked 25th.

And then the next year had the #3 class in the country.

Recruiting can and will turn around quickly if Texas can get in a big name and legitimate recruiter.  And with the transfer portal rosters can turn over quicker than ever.

Big name is the key. Just shows how important it is to get the hire right. Some hot commodity G5 up-and-comer can still come in just like Herman did and be an ace recruiter but who gives a fuck about the recruiting class rank if you can't develop them into anything worth a shit.

32 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's easy to tell who the dipshits are who have never worked in any significant organization.  Once you make a firm decision to take out a person in power, or fuck usually most anybody you walk them the fuck out...with security.

You talking Bellmont Dipshits or surly dipshits?

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas