Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

52 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

I also posted this in the Quinn Ewers thread in Recruiting...

On 104.9, Trey Elling just said that he's hearing in recruiting circles that Herman has been saying some negative things about Ewers, and that stuff got back to the Ewers family and that's how all of this came about.  Also said that Herman made no effort to rectify the comments or keep him committed.  I'm officially on the "he knows his fate and he's burning the place down on his way out."

It was a totally WTF moment. 

Tom Herman is a moron.

Tom Herman is not that big of a moron.

Does Trey Elling have any connection to SLC or is this just a guy making shit up? Does Elling even have any connection to recruiting at all - never even heard of the guy and I spend most of my time here in the 'crootin threads.

If I controlled the world.....

Rout 66 Part II

The 2015 Okie State Ref crew gets back together to ensure the deed is done

I wake up Sunday sober and I look at my phone before letting my dog out to pee/poop and alert says Tom Herman is toast.

And Tuesday Urban Myer is introduced as the New Head Coach of the University of Texas with employment commencing on Dec 1 with an interim taking over until then.

Recruiting is saved and in fact into a new level as a result.

We open up next season a pre season top 5.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaysOff said:

How do mid season firings work with respect to a new coach being signed 10 days later, but not taking over until the completion of the season. Can new coach start recruiting?

I think the question is moot because I don’t think there is any chance Texas will fire Herman until the end of season.

I would think it's very rare for a midseason firing to lead to a new coach being signed shortly thereafter given most new coaches come from existing programs. LSU after they fired Les let Coach O be the interim but then teased it out to see if they could sign Herman. Again, you're welcome, LSU fans. FSU didn't hire Norvell till December. USC didn't hire Helton till December. You don't have the coach coming out of retirement all that often. I would think if Urban were to happen, they would announce an agreement that he will take over after the season has ended as the interim coaches out the rest of the season. Similar to how it works when a coach is fired before a bowl game and the replacement doesn't coach the team in the bowl game and doesn't even take over until after the bowl game. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Rout 66 Part II

I wake up Sunday sober and I look at my phone before letting my dog out to pee/poop and alert says Tom Herman is toast.

And Tuesday Urban Myer is introduced as the New Head Coach of the University of Texas with employment commencing on Dec 1 with an interim taking over until then.

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texashorn13 said:

On 104.9, Trey Elling just said that he's hearing in recruiting circles that Herman has been saying some negative things about Ewers, and that stuff got back to the Ewers family and that's how all of this came about.  Also said that Herman made no effort to rectify the comments or keep him committed.  I'm officially on the "he knows his fate and he's burning the place down on his way out."

Rumors like these always crack me up. They're fun message board fodder, but they lack any grounding in common sense.

Tom Herman seems to be a pretty arrogant asshole; until they're drawing up his severance package, I'm sure he believes that he can still turn it around. He knows he might never get a job as prominent as Texas HC again.

If that doesn't happen, he's making over $5M a season and wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize his golden parachute buyout if/when he gets fired.

Tom Herman presumably wants to continue working in a profession that can pay him millions of dollars a year. Being a professional is an expected part of the job.

He gains absolutely nothing by burning it down on his way out.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, texashorn13 said:

I predicted that Tom is going to burn it down and every day we keep him around is more time we get to enjoy rebuilding after he is gone. He just seems like the type.

I have no idea what we are waiting for. He needs time to get all the top players currently on the team to find their transfer spots I guess.

It is sensible to allow a suspected arsonist to stay in the building you are going to evict him from for a little bit I guess. Can't be hasty.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

This is a fucking trash list and you should fuck your own face.

Okay, a simple "wrong" would have done just fine, but eh ...

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

we're heading into november, which is when you typically tell us that certain players are bad-mouthing the program. so...?

The Duvernays trashed Mehringer and Warehime to the JUCO OT who went to LSU, but I don't remember any other scenarios, at least that I told. 

Tom Herman might as well be conferencing groups of recruits and their families in on Zoom and then mooning them all as he screams for mercy through his ball gag while Casey Horny dickslaps his face repeatedly. Hell, he might be more successful with that approach at this point because it could be some freaky recruit's mom's fetish. As it stands now, I'm willing to believe almost anything given the way recruits are scrambling to cut bait, but badmouthing Ewers to other recruits wasn't happening, or at least a driver for the decommitment.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Mack Brown did it. He didn't seem hurt by it.

But even if Herman isn't that guy, he might just stop giving very many fucks about the program when it is obvious he is dead man walking. We cannot afford to have somebody with no shits to give in a position like this for long.

Edited by Valmy77

43 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Rout 66 Part II

I'm out of rep but fuck me this scenario would be perfect, wait this is Texas with Tom Herman and we can't have nice things. Fuck you for putting that dream into my head. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Rumors like these always crack me up. They're fun message board fodder, but they lack any grounding in common sense.

Tom Herman seems to be a pretty arrogant asshole; until they're drawing up his severance package, I'm sure he believes that he can still turn it around. He knows he might never get a job as prominent as Texas HC again.

If that doesn't happen, he's making over $5M a season and wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize his golden parachute buyout if/when he gets fired.

Tom Herman presumably wants to continue working in a profession that can pay him millions of dollars a year. Being a professional is an expected part of the job.

Sure he does.  If we fail after Tom leaves he looks a lot better.  

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Okay, a simple "wrong" would have done just fine, but eh ...

The Duvernays trashed Mehringer and Warehime to the JUCO OT who went to LSU, but I don't remember any other scenarios, at least that I told. 

Tom Herman might as well be conferencing groups of recruits and their families in on Zoom and then mooning them all as he screams for mercy through his ball gag while Casey Horny dickslaps his face repeatedly. Hell, he might be more successful with that approach at this point because it could be some freaky recruit's mom's fetish. As it stands now, I'm willing to believe almost anything given the way recruits are scrambling to cut bait, but badmouthing Ewers to other recruits wasn't happening, or at least a driver for the decommitment.

The shit you think up in your head has to be how Quentin Tarantino and Rob Zombie write their movie scripts. I'm reading, I'm reading and bam...there's ball gags and dick slaps. My avatar is inspired by one of your infamous diatribes. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Mack Brown did it. He didn't seem hurt by it.

But even if Herman isn't that guy, he might just stop giving very many fucks about the program when it is obvious he is dead man walking. We cannot afford to have somebody with no shits to give in a position like this for long.

Difference is I don’t think Mack thought he was landing another job after Texas.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Tom Herman is a moron.

Tom Herman is not that big of a moron.

Does Trey Elling have any connection to SLC or is this just a guy making shit up? Does Elling even have any connection to recruiting at all - never even heard of the guy and I spend most of my time here in the 'crootin threads.

I just posted in that thread that I bumped into a buddy today who has some sort of connection to an assistant on Dodge's SLC staff. This guy apparently said Ewers de-committing is 100% because he doesn't want to play for Herman.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas