Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Well of course she told YOU that.

Haha we’re pretty open about our past encounters.

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Oh that guy? Don’t worry about him.

What’s her opinion of Tom Herman?

Yea her first exposure to UT/American football in general has been uhhhh not great.

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

This guy has 10k followers. Should we believe him?

This was said back at the time of the Milroe/Ewers decommit/commitment - we don't need to be making promises to QB's that we're not going to recruit the best QB every fucking year.  Thats how you end up with QB situations like at the end of Mack's run and the beginning of Charlies.  If the kid has a problem with that he probably needs to go somewhere else.

But fuck Tom if he made the promise to Milroe and then broke it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol that the eyes is such a driving force for this, but hey whatever gets us there

It seems as though the only people pushing that narrative is OB - which is convenient given their subscriber base and the fact that 'The Eyes' have been central part of their reporting since everything started happening this summer. 

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There is a 0% chance Herman said this, lol. How would that convo even go? "We're going to get a '22 QB, but we'll make sure he's not any good, so don't you worry. He'll be 3 stars or lower, that's my promise!".

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

There is a 0% chance Herman said this, lol. How would that convo even go? "We're going to get a '22 QB, but we'll make sure he's not any good, so don't you worry. He'll be 3 stars or lower, that's my promise!".

I think if it happened it was more likely that Herman told Milroe that they weren't in it for Ewers or that they weren't pursuing Ewers.  I doubt that Tom made the promise - but if he did I would assume it was more player specific than just saying he's not going to recruit a 2022 5 star.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

so you think with the body of evidence that points to how incompetent Herman is as a coach, leader and recruiter that he didn't say this? You may want to re-evaluate your opinion of Tom Herman

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Dumb, narcissistic coaches make dumb promises. 

You tell the kid you've bought completely into him, and that in the next class you're just going for depth. "THAT'S how much faith I have in YOU..."

You lied. Most coaches won't say that because NO coach is turning down a '22 Ewers. You're a fucking idiot if you do. You didn't have to lie, but you're so full of shit and yourself that you think it'll just blow over when you do the exact opposite. 

There aren't many coaches like that these days, but would it be that surprising if Herman was one of them? Absolutelythefuck not! 100% chance that "Could" have happened. 

EDIT to add: The mother fucker who fucked up the Brockermeyers recruitment -I don't care what anyone says about Blake- doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me when discussing exactly how fucking stupid he could be. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This was said back at the time of the Milroe/Ewers decommit/commitment - we don't need to be making promises to QB's that we're not going to recruit the best QB every fucking year.  Thats how you end up with QB situations like at the end of Mack's run and the beginning of Charlies.  If the kid has a problem with that he probably needs to go somewhere else.

this is literally the first time anyone has said Herman made a promise to Milroe about 22. The okie just made it up to get internet points. 

9 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Can we get an aggy and land thief free thread? If I wanted to know their opinions on our situation, I would go to their forums. I don’t even want to hear sympathetic comments from them. Maybe that’s just me.

If it took a certified copy of one's UT transcript to sign up, we'd lose 95 % of the posters on here. This is T-Shirt Fansville. (But the inductive reasoning and grammar would improve markedly.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jack Wilson said:

If it took a certified copy of one's UT transcript to sign up, we'd lose 95 % of the posters on here. This is T-Shirt Fansville. (But the inductive reasoning and grammar would improve markedly.)

We have nurses posting their paychecks and now we need to send in transcripts? Let me know when the blood draw starts and if you would prefer my social or birth certificate or both

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Erin Hogan said on his show on The Horn this morning that he’s hearing from 3 different sources that Kyle Shanahan is “in play”.

What is the appeal with Shanahan? Not trying to flame. NFL guy, losing NFL record, no recruiting ties. Ties to Texas but we had the same ties with Herman.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, no kidding. Kyle's a fine coach but this isn't a learn on the job situation. This smacks a bit of USC type hiring of a "USC guy". He would no next nothing on recruiting, donor relations, dealing with parents, etc. other than what he did as a player. His only other college experience was a GA at UCLA.

Edited by mdmost

3 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

What is the appeal with Shanahan? Not trying to flame. NFL guy, losing NFL record, no recruiting ties. Ties to Texas but we had the same ties with Herman.

Played at Texas, has longhorn tattooed on his leg. Beats the shit out of Belichick. Led team to Superbowl. Innovative offense.

Only question about Kyle IMO is does he want to go to the college level after being at the NFL level his entire coaching career. I firmly believe he is a smart enough guy to adapt to college and I doubt recruiting would be an issue unless he loathes it like Kliff did (A distinct possibility)

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Only question about Kyle IMO is does he want to go to the college level after being at the NFL level his entire coaching career. I firmly believe he is a smart enough guy to adapt to college and I doubt recruiting would be an issue unless he loathes it like Kliff did (A distinct possibility)

Yah, my worry is this guy learning on the job with the recruiting etc... Have absolutely no doubts in his ability to assemble a good coaching staff etc...

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I don't really get it from Shanahan's point of view unless he just has an 'itch to scratch' and wants the challenge of college football.  He's had one really good year in San Francisco - but thats about it (not counting his success as an OC).   

If it were to happen I take some solace from the success that Herm Edwards has had - he hadn't coached in college since the 80's but hired a good staff of good recruiters and they've been successful.

*Also, the 49ers regular season doesn't end until Jan 3rd

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Why would he leave SF? 

I'm not sure if he would, on his own, but I do know his DC might get a shot at a HC gig in the NFL. Dude's a stud coordinator. Not sure if there might be any other factors. But I doubt it with Kyle. I always thought his name would pop up, but I just doubt it would happen. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas