Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Reading comprehension,  friends.  I never said Herman doesn't need to go.  He absolutely does.  But it's not about one recruit was my point.

Ewers is the nail. I wonder if cdc has conversation with recruit parents? Especially if rumors are true about turtle bad mouthing 

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Ewers is the nail. I wonder if cdc has conversation with recruit parents? Especially if rumors are true about turtle bad mouthing 

CDC has bigger things to worry about..like closing in on a big fish, than checking in with a jr in high school.. that will be something the next coach will have to fix.

9 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

I also posted this in the Quinn Ewers thread in Recruiting...

On 104.9, Trey Elling just said that he's hearing in recruiting circles that Herman has been saying some negative things about Ewers, and that stuff got back to the Ewers family and that's how all of this came about.  Also said that Herman made no effort to rectify the comments or keep him committed.  I'm officially on the "he knows his fate and he's burning the place down on his way out."

It was a totally WTF moment. 

I finally got around to listening to this interview. This needs to be stated for the record: Elling did not say anything close to this. He said “Herman made very little in the way of efforts to keep this recruiting class together.”  Nothing about Herman saying negative things about Ewers, or any things about Ewers for that matter.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

He said “Herman made very little in the way of efforts to keep this recruiting class together.” 

So...how long do we let the arsonist continue to be a tenant? Of course he is letting the recruits go. Why wouldn't he? 

It is 2013 all over again. The cupboard is quickly emptying.

Edited by Valmy77

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So...how long do we let the arsonist continue to be a tenant? Of course he is letting the recruits go. Why wouldn't he? 

I mean, that quote can be taken a variety of ways. Personally I interpret it as, “Herman arrogantly thought he had all his ducks in a row.”  Not that he is sabotaging recruiting on purpose.

also heard on one of the shows that Herman was blindsided by the decommitment and scrambled to put together a Zoom call with Ewers that didn’t go well.

Edited by CurlyDumps

Just now, CurlyDumps said:

I mean, that quote can be taken a variety of ways. Personally I interpret it as, “Herman arrogantly thought he had all his ducks in a row.”  Not that he is sabotaging it on purpose.

He might not be doing it on purpose. He might just have no more fucks to give since he knows he is finished.

Either way.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is 2013 all over again. The cupboard is quickly emptying.

If it's Urban more than likely those kids that decommited will jump back on (excluding Bowman, cause undefeated) If not well, I have no doubts Urban will go fill out the class to his liking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If it's Urban more than likely those kids that decommited will jump back on (excluding Bowman, cause undefeated) If not well, I have no doubts Urban will go fill out the class to his liking. 

Happy The real question is.... Would the brock's reconsider if urban jumps on board? 

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Fuck saban breathed breath into kiffins lungs I'm sure he would do it to turtles. 

Charlie strong is currently in Saban's rehab. Depending on the timing Turtle Tom, and Cake Baker Strong could be in Saban's rehab together

Edited by perfectchaos007

12 hours ago, Rimbo said:

all I'm saying is that Mom was just fine before we lost to ou

don't want anyone to think that TOM HERMAN KILLED MY MOM or anything like that, because it would be ridiculous to say that TOM HERMAN KILLED MY MOM by causing her to give up after that shitty, godawful performance against the terrible sooners, yet again, so I won't be saying that TOM HERMAN KILLED MY MOM anytime soon. It would be a mistake of Greg-Davis-supporting levels to think that TOM HERMAN KILLED MY MOM just because her health suddenly started to fail and she died right after an ou loss. So let's not so go out and say that TOM HERMAN FUCKING KILLED MY MOM, THAT SONOFABITCH WITH HIS SHITTY COACHING AND SHITTY PERSONALITY AND OTHER SHIT. I won't be writing CDC to say FIRE THAT MOTHER KILLING ASSHOLE, because that would be stupid. 

but still FUCK YOU TOM

Tom Herman killed 5 mothers 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Fuck saban breathed breath into kiffins lungs I'm sure he would do it to turtles. 

I recall when TH was hired there was some commentary from Saban about how he was the real deal or some shit. Could have been trolling, but regardless I assume he'll be the next hot commodity arising from Saban's spa of coaching redemption. 

13 hours ago, C-Man said:

I just posted in that thread that I bumped into a buddy today who has some sort of connection to an assistant on Dodge's SLC staff. This guy apparently said Ewers de-committing is 100% because he doesn't want to play for Herman.

honestly, this is the best possible news that could come out of the de-commitment.

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

So I don't know who this guy is but he called the Ewers decommitment 2.5 hours before Quinn tweeted

And...

don't get me wrong, I want to believe but the odds of a guy with less than 800 followers breaking this story is very small.

most of his posts are about gambling - doesn't appear to have any real connection to Texas (followers or posts)

seems like a dude reading the tea leaves and throwing darts - like OB/Ketch

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

don't get me wrong, I want to believe but the odds of a guy with less than 800 followers breaking this story is very small.

most of his posts are about gambling - doesn't appear to have any real connection to Texas (followers or posts)

Honestly trust a random over a person who’s career depends on maintaining the facade that they have sources at this point

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

You might be surprised. I've found some people on twitter and some racing boards that have great sources. And I have less than 2k twitter followers but have a source or two myself that have allowed me to break multiple racing & racetrack scoops.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, wood said:

You might be surprised. I've found some people on twitter and some racing boards that have great sources. And I have less than 2k twitter followers but have a source or two myself that have allowed me to break multiple racing & racetrack scoops.

Exactly, my current GF also used to fuck a current F1 driver. You just never know!

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas