Colonoscopy

Sbbruin

Ok.  So I'm about to sign up for my first one soon.  I'm not worried about prep, fasting, pooping, etc...  What I'm absolutely terrified of is the post-procedure running of the mouth.  I'm honestly scared I'm going to say something I shouldn't to whomever is listening.  My dumb ass thinks it's fun to push the buttons when completely sober.  I have no idea what I'll say if, and when, I'm under the influence of veritable truth serum.  I'd do the dang "mail in the poop box" if my insurance covered it just to avoid ending my marriage.

Damn dude, what kind of shit have you done?
  • Haha 3

Well I am back from the procedures. I had an upper and lower done.

Good for 10 years on the lower. Nothing found.

I have barrett's esophagus from GERD. This was my second upper. Doc said over all my esophagus looks better than it did 4 years ago but he did take one sample for biopsy but he wasn’t concerned about it.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

It’s my understanding that anesthesia doesn’t really do that. It’s not truth serum.

This.  Many guys don’t dream or have any semi-conscious experiences when they are under or coming out of anesthesia.  They just say they wake up with no recollection of anything.  But I did dream and the dreams were wonderful.  I’m actually looking forward to my next one in 2024.  But if you do say something as you are coming out of unconsciousness it shouldn’t be taken too seriously.  At least in my case, my dreams and occasional sleep talking are not a reflection of actual events.  

45 minutes ago, HouTex said:

This.  Many guys don’t dream or have any semi-conscious experiences when they are under or coming out of anesthesia.  They just say they wake up with no recollection of anything.  But I did dream and the dreams were wonderful.  I’m actually looking forward to my next one in 2024.  But if you do say something as you are coming out of unconsciousness it shouldn’t be taken too seriously.  At least in my case, my dreams and occasional sleep talking are not a reflection of actual events.  

B4A2BDF8-5CB4-43D2-9D3B-A4946FE0E252.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on deck and about to start the prep.  

They said to put Vaseline for protection from 'anorectal irritation.'  So....do you put this on after each shitting session?  Do you put a bit on toilet paper and spread it that way?

These trying times are when not having any butt issues or need for Vaseline in my anorectal area to-date is costing me.

16 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

They said to put Vaseline for protection from 'anorectal irritation.'  So....do you put this on after each shitting session?  Do you put a bit on toilet paper and spread it that way?

These trying times are when not having any butt issues or need for Vaseline in my anorectal area to-date is costing me.

Bidet solves that problem. 

6 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

I used skin sensitive wipes and just put them in the trash, and then dumped it that night. After the first couple of explosions it'll be all liquid and really not that much to clean. 

• Hook 'Em 2

All done and removed three polyps.  This means I have to have another joyous ride in 3 years.

Was really hoping for that sweet 10 year call-back.

All in all, the drink wasn't that bad.  Tasted like stale Gatorade.  Shitting piss got old but actual procedure was a nothing-burger.  Car to car in less than 2 hours.

Finally did my first on Friday.  It was overdue.  The prep sucked - a whole night of trip after trip to the toilet. Fucking exhausting.

I was a bit freaked about the anesthesia. Never been under any kind of anesthesia before, so it was a big unknown.

That propofol is some magic shit. One second I am on my side, ogling the very cute anesthesia nurse with a very long braided ponytail, the next...poof. I am gone.

Woke up 40 minutes later and it felt like an instant. Easy peasy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Finally did my first on Friday.  It was overdue.  The prep sucked - a whole night of trip after trip to the toilet. Fucking exhausting.

I was a bit freaked about the anesthesia. Never been under any kind of anesthesia before, so it was a big unknown.

That propofol is some magic shit. One second I am on my side, ogling the very cute anesthesia nurse with a very long braided ponytail, the next...poof. I am gone.

Woke up 40 minutes later and it felt like an instant. Easy peasy.

Go on, but slowly, please. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

52 getting my second this afternoon. Due to family history I had one at 38 with zero issues.  Should have had my second a few years ago.  Sutab is sooo much better than the liquid from all those years ago.  Really nothing more what its like after a night of wings and shiner bocks. 

Well it was about as I expected.  4 polyps but based on the docs 40 yrs of experience nothing of concern but biopsies to be thorough.  I'm now on the 5 year plan which I fully expected considering my family history. 

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2023 at 2:17 PM, Sbbruin said:

Had a telehealth call this morning with my GI, and he said I can get you in tomorrow for a colonoscopy.  So I immediately shifted gears.  Just took 4 dulcolax tabs.  let the colon blow begin.

Wow.

These days they always want you to take their preferred diarrhea cocktail the provider is getting paid to use. 

Had mine a few months back.  They said take it easy after I came to and I told my wife to head to El Fenix and immediately downed two margs and ate an absurd amount of enchiladas 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had my first one done a couple months ago. Im 48. Family history of polyps and colon ca. 1 polyp that was not pre-cancerous. 5 years in from here on out. Very happy I did it. I talked to the MD and once a pre cancerous polyp forms it takes 3-7 years on average for it to 'possibly' turn in to stage 1 cancer. For my first 48 years, Im batting a thousand. 

29 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Checking in.  Getting ready for my first anal tomorrow.  My mix is Suprep and my wife said it may be the most disgusting thing she’s ever had to drink.

No one said anything about Vaseline though, so I guess no lube for me.

Wish me luck.  

The vaseline isn't for lube.  It's to protect your cheeks from the shit storm.  Diaper rash cream and a bidet FTW.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

Man this prep seems odd. I have done the prep at least 7 times. Three for the full knock out and four for a non knocked out version or the barium xray. Clean every time. However I never had any trouble going to sleep. Never a stage 2 at 4 am. Actually had the third full knockout last week. No issues - see you in ten years.

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, you really won't.  I dozed on the sofa, so as not to disturb the wife with my frequent hopping up to blow ass mud.

That is the same setup I'm rolling with.

38 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

Man this prep seems odd. I have done the prep at least 7 times. Three for the full knock out and four for a non knocked out version or the barium xray. Clean every time. However I never had any trouble going to sleep. Never a stage 2 at 4 am. Actually had the third full knockout last week. No issues - see you in ten years.

Plenvu

1st dose now, 2nd dose 5 hours before arrival. 

9AM arrival = 4AM dosage