Yo, predict the rest of the season..

Pancho

I would be shocked if we didn't lose another game during the regular season. But holy shit, we should win at least 10 for the first time since I was in school in '09. And we beat fucking OU. And both of the purple nemeses. I expect to win each week now, for the first time in 8 years. What an odd feeling.

• Like 1

Obviously WVU is the only truly scary game with their great QB. But he doesn’t run nearly as much as Murray, so maybe it won’t be so tough.

Tech is always tough. And Iowa St looks like they’ll give us hell just as they did TCU and OU. Of course OK ST.

I think they can win out. But they probably won’t. One, maybe 2 of those teams will sneak up and bite them most likely.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Beat Baylor and osu and I’ll start thinking about the ccg. 

One way or another, this team should get to 8-4.   I can see 9-3. Can they do 10-2?  Does 9-3 get them into the ccg?  Would require another ou loss or beating wvu and them losing again. Someone has to lose the wvu/ou game. 

8-4 would be a disaster to end the season. Are you fucking kidding me? How pessimistic are some of you. 

What 3 losses do we have on the schedule? Please tell me. Please. 

Edited by ztejas

On 9/9/2018 at 12:34 AM, victory88 said:

I'll predict Tom Herman's excuses.

Maryland-  "we want to win so badly that we lost"

Tulsa- "we are not having enough fun"

USC-  "we practice so hard that we are tired in games"

TCU-  "this team is so close to each other that we trust each other too much and forget to communicate"

K-State-  "winning is so hard"

ou-  "our coaches game planned so hard that the players were tense"

Baylor-  "our players are so excited to play, they get nervous"

OSU-  "our players study so hard that their brains are tired during games"

WVU-  "i coached the players so much that they forgot basic fundamentals"

Tech-  "our players ate so much thanksgiving turkey to gain muscle that they were fatigued during the game"

ISU-  "it's been 10 weeks since the team read Of mice and men, so they forgot how to win"

KU-  "This is a very good football team"

Suck a Sooner Cock @victory88

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

West Virginia, at tech are the two most likely. But this team could lose at osu and to isu as well. 

Split those first 2, then see if they win the other 4 that they should. 

Not that far fetched to finish 3-3 with 3 road games and the mountaineers at home. 

So you think after beating 3 ranked teams in 4 weeks including a top 10 OU team that we are going to lose to 2 out of 3 teams that we are clearly better than? 

Sun is shining today my friend. Be an optimist. 

8 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Every team left on the schedule can beat us, minus kansas

i think we lose one to either osu/wvu, lose to tech, and maybe lose to a team we shouldnt, like isu

We are going to beat Baylor by an obscene amount and probably shut them out. 

This is going to be an ass raping of epic proportions next week to make the no doesn't mean nos know what it's like to be forced upon. 

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

8-4 would be a disaster to end the season. Are you fucking kidding me? How pessimistic are some of you. 

What 3 losses do we have on the schedule? Please tell me. Please. 

We play down to our competition. Anyone can beat us until we start playing to a standard.

59 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How have we played against the best 3 teams we've played this season?

We played up to them. And we played down to Maryland and KSU and Tulsa.

That's called, "Playing to your competition." Good teams -- consistently good teams -- play to a standard, meaning they play as well as they can no matter the game situation or the opponent.

This year's team punches the brakes when they get a lead or face what they perceive to be a lesser team. Herman's Houston teams did that, too...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

We played up to them. And we played down to Maryland and KSU and Tulsa.

That's called, "Playing to your competition." Good teams -- consistently good teams -- play to a standard, meaning they play as well as they can no matter the game situation or the opponent.

This year's team punches the brakes when they get a lead or face what they perceive to be a lesser team. Herman's Houston teams did that, too...

This is what concerns us, dude.

• Like 1

I can't fucking believe how everyone is breaking out all the same time. All of the sudden, after a decade in the desert, we suddenly have playmakers all over the place. Even the fucking freshman kicker is shining. Best Texas team in a decade. I think we win the conference this year.

18 minutes ago, BigXII said:

I can't fucking believe how everyone is breaking out all the same time. All of the sudden, after a decade in the desert, we suddenly have playmakers all over the place. Even the fucking freshman kicker is shining. Best Texas team in a decade. I think we win the conference this year.

I really think that putting together three (or four, now five) wins was really, really key for this team. We really truly had forgotten how to win with any consistency. We have had the talent I think to do this for a few seasons now, but a variety of factors have conspired against it happening. 

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Do we? Really? We just beat 3 ranked teams, all ranked ahead of us, in 4 games. 

What "standard" are you talking about? 

We’ve beaten one team that will finish in the top 25 this year. We should have a strong finish and I couldnt be happier about how this year has played out

but

people need to pump the brakes on a big 12 championship/playoff appearance. We aint there yet

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I really think that putting together three (or four, now five) wins was really, really key for this team. We really truly had forgotten how to win with any consistency. We have had the talent I think to do this for a few seasons now, but a variety of factors have conspired against it happening. 

What gets me is how physical we are all over the place. Every position, our players are all of the sudden goddamn men. It starts at QB, Ehlinger is tough as nails.

I just can't remember a more physical Texas team unless we go back to like 2005. We beat people up now.

10 minutes ago, BigXII said:

What gets me is how physical we are all over the place. Every position, our players are all of the sudden goddamn men. It starts at QB, Ehlinger is tough as nails.

I just can't remember a more physical Texas team unless we go back to like 2005. We beat people up now.

Thinking the same thing. This team is violent at every position. I think LJ murdered an OU DB. Ewok Murray hasn’t been hit that hard in his life. Gary Johnson is a human projectile and makes sure running backs feel some pain.

21 minutes ago, BigXII said:

I think this is a big reason for Sam being QB1. Setting a standard for physical play and effort that has spilled over to players like Collin Johnson and LJ Humphrey on Offense and then the sparks from Johnson, Davis, Stearns, and Foster on Defense

I understand we have some serious PTSD going on around here after the last decade, but we finish better than 3-3 in the final six games. This team is showing they can close if they are in the game and get the ball last. That's some mental toughness we haven't had in quite some time. Herman just needs to get over being so conservative with a lead.

33 minutes ago, BigXII said:

Surpisingly, I feel like Andrew Beck helps set the tone for the team. It seems like any time there's a scuffle he's involved. There was the story of him getting into a fight before the KSU game because they took up the whole field. He was getting in someone's face early in the game yesterday. Every team needs a few of those guys. 

30 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’ll predict we lost 2 more games. No clue who the Ls are to, but I think we’re still learning how to win consistently.

if that happens, and we finish 9-3 in the regular season, put me in the ‘SHOW ME A LOSS’ camp for 2019.

I think 9-3 is where I'm at as well. I predicted 8-4 going into the season and now with this win streak I'll bump that up a game. That's a respectable 4-2 record the 2nd half of the season with a decent shot at making the CCG still. Like others have said, we tend to play to the level of competition we're going up against and I do think that's going to catch us once or twice. We can absolutely win every game left on the schedule but 5 of them are also lose-able.

I'd really like to see this team start to put some games away early. It's taxing to play 4 quarters every single week.