Texas vs USC Game Thread

Vertigo

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

hard  to believe. Maybe the 21-0 lead on Tulsa was the real team and the 28-21 was them taking the foot off the gas. Maybe the Tulsa game was a false read. 

Maybe usc is just a really shitty team. We’ll be back to reality next week.

Always hope I’m wrong, but I see zero difference from the offense this year over last. Defense is Orlando defense.

Just now, bigcigar said:

Always hope I’m wrong, but I see zero difference from the offense this year over last. Defense is Orlando defense.

let's remember 2016 Notre Dame.Great satisfying win tonight, makes the season really.  Next week is the real deal.  

2 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

The offensive line is definitely better. A lot of these runs that would've gone for no gain or losses in the past are getting 3+ yards now a pop. The new backs are also good to very good. We still have to deal with some wtf shit from Beck and co. and they're not going to light up the scoreboard, but the offense definitely better.

Anyway, I've learned to enjoy just about any P5 win regardless of the future.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

The offensive line is definitely better. A lot of these runs that would've gone for no gain or losses in the past are getting 3+ yards now a pop. The new backs are also good to very good. We still have to deal with some wtf shit from Beck and co. and they're not going to light up the scoreboard, but they're definitely better.

That’s fair. I can’t get past the scheme. It’s like the players have to earn every damn inch. There is no schematic advantage.

24 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Hell of a game. Complete 180 from that shitshow last couple weeks.

Agree.  Anyone not enjoying tonight can get bent.  Wanna bitch about a win?  Bitch about last week.  Tonight was domination after the first quarter.  Front 7 showed up and controlled the LOS.  made them one dimensional and got QB pressure.  Didn't let then get off the canvas.  Great win.

Offense looked better.  Playcalling was good.  Ran the ball productively, stretched the field.  Threw to the TE, trick play.  Kicker showed up like a badass.  Freshman played great.  No let down.  Sure USC wasn't awesome, but we've struggled with a lot of less than awesome teams.  Today was a good day.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Don't know how this happened, but it should have been happening week one. We should be undefeated right now.

The Trojans are not a good team. We still played much better than we did in either of the first two games, but this is just a small step. We were favored for a reason, Southern Cal looked as poorly coached and dumb in their first two games as we did.

• Like 2