Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Look, White Castle is like a slump-buster.  Sometimes it's just necessary.  

Yeah, no.  Gonna have to disagree with you there. White Castle is never necessary.

On a road trip to the Northeast several years ago, I indoctrinated my spouse (born and raised Texan who can appreciate Whataburger) to White Castle.  Oh, I knew what we were in store for, having eaten it before...and she had heard of it...but I insisted that we try it just so she would fully understand the general grossness of it.

In her words, she had to get a shake from the McDonalds across the street just to wash away the aftertaste. 

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Look, White Castle is like a slump-buster.  Sometimes it's just necessary.  I can't tell you how many times a mega-hangover was avoided by rolling into a White Castle ~ 2 AM and ordering a half dozen sliders.  Those things serve a purpose.

That's what A1 Thick'n'Heartys are for you savage

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Look, White Castle is like a slump-buster.  Sometimes it's just necessary.  I can't tell you how many times a mega-hangover was avoided by rolling into a White Castle ~ 2 AM and ordering a half dozen sliders.  Those things serve a purpose.

You're saying that like the motherfucking honeybutter chicken biscuit doesn't exist

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Looks like @workswithseedis a butthurt bitch on this one.  Sorry if you don't like the truth dickbreath, so here it is a second time.  Just for your snowflake ass. 

My neg really got to you. Yeah, nothing was found. Do you think all people are guilty until proven otherwise? Why did the democrats wait so long to tell anyone about this? 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, workswithseed said:

My neg really got to you. Yeah, nothing was found. Do you think all people are guilty until proven otherwise? Why did the democrats wait so long to tell anyone about this? 

That's been answered a thousand times. If you don't know the answer by now, you're clearly not interested in it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Hope you enjoyed the quote from your Cheeto Jeezus!  

I was just doing some quick back of the napkin calculations from yesterday's turnout patterns among the big counties. By my estimate, if Cruz's support is four percentage points less than the dotard's in Collin, Tarrant, Williamson, and Hays counties (and the libertarian garners 3%), then it is very possible that Beto would eek out the slimmest of victories.

Change in Republican support (2016 -->2018) necessary for Beto win. COLLIN: 55.2% ---> 51.2%; TARRANT: 51.7% --->47.7%; WILLIAMSON: 50.9%--->46.9%; HAYS: 46.9%--->42.9%.

So, basically turn three "purple" counties "blue": Tarrant, Williamson, Hays, and turn one "red" county "purple." Given that the rapid population growth in those counties is largely due to folks moving in from other bluish/purple states, I don't think that possibility is totally out of the question.

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I was just doing some quick back of the napkin calculations from yesterday's turnout patterns among the big counties. By my estimate, if Cruz's support is four percentage points less than the dotard's in Collin, Tarrant, Williamson, and Hays counties (and the libertarian garners 3%), then it is very possible that Beto would eek out the slimmest of victories.

Change in Republican support (2016 -->2018) necessary for Beto win. COLLIN: 55.2% ---> 51.2%; TARRANT: 51.7% --->47.7%; WILLIAMSON: 50.9%--->46.9%; HAYS: 46.9%--->42.9%.

So, basically turn three "purple" counties "blue": Tarrant, Williamson, Hays, and turn one "red" county "purple." Given that the rapid population growth in those counties is largely due to folks moving in from other bluish/purple states, I don't think that possibility is totally out of the question.

it's not at all. people just need to show up and vote. 

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Voted for Cruz.  Good luck Senator.  Don’t need someone from Texas voting with Schumer lock step. 

God forbid Texans get cheaper and wider access to healthcare without the threat of bankruptcy. Hopefully we can all look forward to another bill or two actually passed in the senate sponsored by Cruz? His past successes for the state certainly merit 6 more years 

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

God forbid Texans get cheaper and wider access to healthcare without the threat of bankruptcy. Hopefully we can all look forward to another bill or two actually passed in the senate sponsored by Cruz? His past successes for the state certainly merit 6 more years 

How is healthcare getting cheaper under Beto and the Democrats?

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Voted for Cruz.  Good luck Senator.  Don’t need someone from Texas voting with Schumer lock step. 

Hell with Cruz you barely get someone from Texas voting. I'm truly sorry that you think that an absentee canadian-born carpetbagger represents Texas.

• Like 2

That’s an odd group of counties to focus on. Williamson is 12th and Hays 24th in population.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Dems had all three branches plus a filibuster proof senate.  

And gave us the piece of shit ACA.  Which absolutely butt fucks the middle class

R's have all three branches, have campaigned against the ACA non stop since 2010....and it's still here.  

Looks to me like the R's are responsible now for the ACA butt fucking the middle class.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's not at all. people just need to show up and vote. 

Not sure what you're saying there, but yeah, I agree folks need to get out to vote.

The point in my post was that I extrapolated yesterday's turnout to 2016 voting patterns in the big counties, but then shaved four percentage points off for the Republicans in those four counties and it was sufficient to tip the balance over to Beto. And, there's a specific reason that I picked those four: they're the closest to tipping from traditional red to blue counties and have been trending in that direction the last few cycles.

We all know the big cities in Texas are new blue (with Fort Worth being the last holdout). We also know that Austin and Dallas' growth is spilling over into the suburbs and that is irrevocably changing their voting patterns (just like Ft. Bend has switched Democratic in the last few years).

So, what I'm saying is that there is hope, and for god sake: GO OUT AND VOTE!!!

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Who gets free medical care in this country?

Ironically, the people without insurance who default on their medical bills. And then we all end up paying for it anyways. And insurance companies arbitrarily increase the price of service so they can skim off the top. Sure am glad we killed the single payer option during compromise efforts in which hundreds of republican amendments to the ACA were voted on over the course of weeks while it was getting "jammed through". 

• Like 3

Johnny Sack might want to edify himself on the history of health insurance premiums and the rising cost of healthcare in the United States.  ACA has actually slowed growth rates and, this year, as I posted on another thread, has actually LOWERED premiums:

https://www.thebalance.com/causes-of-rising-healthcare-costs-4064878

• Like 1