Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

12 hours ago, Celery Man said:

holy hell that is a stupid link. daily signal bias. not sure how an intelligent person could read that page, or its associated links, and think the authors or anyone who believes them, has an IQ over 70...

shit, just saw celery's follow up, looks like we are on the same page.  wow, people do take grains and blow it up, huh? still can't believe people would read that link and think its truthful.

Edited by achooloco

I suspect he will be a reliable vote for the Democratic Senate leadership just as he has been a reliable vote for the Democratic House leadership.  He talks a good game about listening to #bothsides, but he talks about issues with the same rhetoric as any Dem and that's how he has voted to date.

Votes about routine legislation is nowhere near the most important part of that job.

1) does this person safeguard and promote the integrity and orderly operation of the institution
2) does this person give good constituent service

3) everything else

4) ideology theater

5) team stuff
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I used to think that it made sense to vote libertarian or any 3rd party to show the GOP/Dems that they should change.   Then I turned 22 and grew up.

A 3rd party vote is actually a vote for the favorite in the race.    Have the maturity to pick from the top 2 candidates in the general election.  Or just stay home to shorten the voting line for the rest of us.

As opposed to your one vote that is going to make the difference?

538 rates them as a C with a slight R bias.

While that may be the case, we’re starting to see a significant tightening of the race in recent polls and Cruz polling below 50%. That wasn’t the case a week ago.

Cruz should still win but O’Rouke backers now have hope.

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Beto has run a meaningfully different campaign. I am not sure how that will translate to Senatoring. We probably won't get a chance to find out, but my hunch is that it would be a mild disappointment much in the same way that Obama was not able to convert his aspirational campaign rhetoric into transcending governance. 

Well Cruz has been a disappointment because he only wanted the job to be President. He rarely votes on issues. Plus he’s a piece of shit!

Even if Beto turns out to be a horrible senator that repeats each mistake that Cruz has done, at least we’re giving someone else a chance to fail.   Anyone being honest with themselves knows Cruz is a bad senator.  It’s fine if you want a conservative gop senator, but you should have picked someone better than Cruz.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Dumb question: when do the EV results get made public? Election day morning?

No results are made public until the polls close.   I guess each county decides when exactly to release the early vote.  My guess is that it’s some of the first results released.  But I could be wrong. 

A Democrat that votes with Democrats????

How unusual!!

But even if the Democrats somehow shock the world and take both the senate and the house, with DOTUS in the Oval Office nothing they pass is getting signed into law.

They’ll spend the next two years in legislative gridlock and investigating and making Trump’s life hell.

Which sounds awesome to me.

• Like 2

Gridlock until 2020. Then it gets interesting. 

Historically what is the pattern on returns coming election night. I think that there is potential for some big swings in the prediction markets depending on how quickly the urban vs rural votes come in. 

Edited by Anastasis

29 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

They’ll spend the next two years in legislative gridlock and investigating and making Trump’s life hell.

Which sounds awesome to me.

Moreover, the Dems will use those investigations as political weapons to help the 2020 performance.  

Imagine how much the Benghazi investigations hurt Hillary for 2016.  Now imagine that on steroids for the Republicans because they’re really corrupt AF.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

The story of this election is going to be all the "I'm a lifelong Republican/never-voted-in-an-election-cuz-it's-stoopid BUT....Beto" folks. Either they are going to be the reason Beto wins and there is much change and excitement or there will be much to say about the Bradley Effect.

The thing about aggy is when they get caught doing racist and stupid things they make a half assed attempt to make up for it by claiming they are not racist and stupid due to some meaningless gesture that is over the top and that they didn’t actually do anyway. Yeah that guy went door to door apologizing. LOL. 

If they don’t get caught, then well, it all just blows over now doesn’t it. 

The great thing about this incident is that aggy got caught because one of their members was so dumb he actually posted it on the net. The internet has not been kind to aggy frankly. 

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
2 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:
I was at a party tonight and a Beto commercial came on tv. An old guy that’s pretty pissed at the world says “I wish somebody would shoot that guy”. I hope Beto wins because I’m 99% sure that guy wouldn’t survive election night.

I hope you told him to fuck his own face

Nope. I don’t engage  Cruz voters/loony right wingers at all. Just do all I can to make sure they lose at the polls.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Nope. I don’t engage  Cruz voters/loony right wingers at all. Just do all I can to make sure they lose at the polls.

I'd of told the old sob that I already voted for Beto 5 times and plan on voting for him numerous times Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I was at a party tonight and a Beto commercial came on tv. An old guy that’s pretty pissed at the world says “I wish somebody would shoot that guy”. I hope Beto wins because I’m 99% sure that guy wouldn’t survive election night.

Sounds like a fun party. 

• Like 2