Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The headline that he said "police are 'the new Jim Crow'" is fake. Don't be a sucker. 

He lumped the criminal justice and law enforcement systems together and collectively called them “the new Jim Crow”.  

The headline is oversimplified and meant to be sensational, but the meaning was there. 

I have to admit I thought he’d be a slicker speaker. When asked about the anthem and kneeling, “No it’s not disrespectful”.  Really? Of course it is. That’s the point. That’s what draws attention to it. That’s what makes it a good protest.

That clip sounds bad on Tv.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He lumped the criminal justice and law enforcement systems together and collectively called them “the new Jim Crow”.  

The headline is oversimplified and meant to be sensational, but the meaning was there. 

I have to admit I thought he’d be a slicker speaker. When asked about the anthem and kneeling, “No it’s not disrespectful”.  Really? Of course it is. That’s the point. That’s what draws attention to it. That’s what makes it a good protest.

Actually, he said it was not disrespectful to the country or veterans.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This is what he is fighting against.  The headline is oversimplified.  That's why the meaning is not there. 

Some people will think that he is saying Police are the new Jim Crow.  Some people will realize that he's saying "when police apply laws selectively aiming at people with dark skin, that is the new Jim Crow."  In a twitter-run universe, I'm pretty* confident the first group is bigger than the second group.  That's why I say "bold strategy, Cotton."

*read: very very

The clip sounds fine. That’s why they lie to you and falsely frame what was said up front before you see the clip. Don’t be a sucker.

16 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

That clip sounds bad on TV if you're watching the fox news edit of beto instead of the footage from events. You're cherry picking sections from overall statements that put him in the worst light possible and listening only to your biases. "The headline was oversimplified but the meaning was there"? Fucking cmon, that's just lazy.

49 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Slorch is a shitty sales manager who has been passed up by time. Making NWA references after people haven't given a shit about them for 25 years should have been enough of a sign

Listen man, I get you don't like Slorch.  But Straight Outta Compton just came out a couple years ago.  And NWA was fucking great.  

So in summary, quit hatin, because NWA is still good shit.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mycox said:

I have a Facebook friend that says "I have it on good authority that the Beto sign stealer is, in fact, Heidi Cruz"

There is also this pic. Could be photoshopped for all I know.
Image may contain: 1 person

You certain that's not Stiffler's mom?

11 hours ago, slorch said:

Why do minority groups have a lower participation in elections?  Not worth the time?  Distrust of gov't? Social pressure not to participate, either from friend or foe?

I ask this with the utmost in sincerity.  Not looking for a gotcha or anything like that.

1.) there’s more than one answer to this.

2.) those answers aren’t hard to find 

3.) see 1

4.) it takes critical thinking 

4 hours ago, Mack Tripper said:

2517ac38014ef89d1971e210bff77444.jpg

The “some have called” is referring to this book.

OR THIS

http://fortune.com/2016/10/06/13th-netflix-documentary-ava-duvernay/

Netflix's '13th' Explores 'Modern Slavery' in Incendiary New Documentary

Ava DuVernay was finishing up her civil rights drama, Selma, when she got a call from a Netflix executive: Would DuVernay be interested in making a documentary? DuVernay, who had previously directed two docs, didn’t need to mull it over: “I knew I wanted to do something about prisons.”

Having been raised in Compton, Calif., DuVernay said she’d long been interested in race and criminal justice issues, and had even studied African American history in college. “I was always disturbed, fascinated, and furious [about]…the prison industrial complex,” she said at a press event.

On Friday, Oct. 7, DuVernay’s new, incendiary documentary about race and mass incarceration, 13th, debuts on Netflix (nflx, -0.43%). (It also will have a limited theatrical release.) Named after the 13th constitutional amendment, which abolished slavery except as “punishment for crime,” the doc uses archival footage and expert commentary to make the case that slavery hasn’t disappeared from the U.S.—it’s evolved into our modern system of mass incarceration, one in which many prisons are run by for-profit companies and prisoners can be paid a pittance to work for corporations.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

1.) there’s more than one answer to this.

2.) those answers aren’t hard to find 

3.) see 1

4.) it takes critical thinking 

And for many who cannot explain, The expectation is just that we accept the excuses. 

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

And for many who cannot explain, The expectation is just that we accept the excuses. 

If I wasn’t at a car dealership trying to buy a happy birthday car for myself (totaled the other one!) then I’d go into depth with articles.

maybe another day!

• Like 1

Ok Beto's been so successful with the texting campaign that others are copying.  Today I got a text from the Texas Democratic Party and Steve Adler asking for my support for their various campaigns.  I'm going to try to ignore both and see if it stops.  I'm going to write Beto a strongly worded letter if this shit keeps happening.

3 minutes ago, Stros said:

So you don’t know? I can google it, but I want to know from his supporters.

There are 2 threads on this board that cover it plus probably 10,000 articles at your fingertips in Google.  If you don't already know the answer its because you don't want to know the answer.  So fuck off.  Negged.

• Like 1