The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh I know it. Reading opens minds and broadens perspectives and that's dangerous. Everyone on this board knows why slave owners didn't want slaves educated or the Taliban to allow girls to attend school past twelve years. If many Indigenous children had been allowed to remain on the reservation and studied in both their own language and English (or Spanish or French depending), those students would've grown up to accomplish all sorts of things.

It's pretty depressing honestly.  When I was on campus I worked at Gorgas library (our main) for a while in the inter-library exchange in special collections (I was for all intents and purposes a glorified package handler at minimum wage, nothing special by any means).  We actually have a pretty amazing library.  This whole "movement" is just pathetic and generally sad.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Didja see the banner they had as their backdrop? Didja see the date? These are the dumbest humans to walk the earth since Homo Erectus petered out.

6c9bf378358fdadaef6987dc9c40302c.jpg

I'm actually more curious as to how you keep that sheen on that ship lap.  Looks great.  

To be honest, that's more valuable info than anything those dipshits are up to.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

She is one of the most famous people in the world, is objectively attractive (how much so depends on your tastes) and is worth billions. These people live in an upside down world.

Has a vagina, adoration and is worth billions.

Of course Trump hates her.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Walser said:

Yeah I did see that banner but did not pay much attention to that detail. I remember thinking that's a little weird but moved on.

I alternate between being on that ledge with you and being an optimist gump. 

In the end I think these are just children who need their cough medicine and be put to bed for the night.

What was the turnout like? 100 people? 1,000?

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If it was into the thousands, would have been on social media and the local news stations would have covered it more.  KXAN did cover it and said around 500

https://www.kxan.com/nexstar/gods-army-convoy-holds-rally-in-dripping-springs-before-heading-to-border/

A traveling convoy journeying across the nation toward the southern border made a stop in Dripping Springs Thursday to hold a rally, in which organizers and speakers conveyed mixed messages regarding their goal.

….

Throughout the Thursday pep rally, speakers had mixed messages about what the goal of the convoy was. Several speakers and those in attendance said they were going down to the border to pray, while others took a more confrontational approach.

Roughly 500 people were in attendance, according to a security guard at the event. The rally began around 5 p.m. Thursday at the One Shot Distillery and Brewery. The convoy arrived in Central Texas late Wednesday.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wanted to drive out there to taunt them, but figured I'd probably run into my cousin and her husband since they live in Belterra.  And didn't want to have an awkward exchange.

csb/ we had a driver attempt to go from Maryland to Texas to join the convoy.  We fired his ass, with no severance package.  Dumbass.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 hours ago, Walser said:

Yeah I did see that banner but did not pay much attention to that detail. I remember thinking that's a little weird but moved on.

I alternate between being on that ledge with you and being an optimist gump. 

In the end I think these are just children who need their cough medicine and be put to bed for the night.

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Children are the one group of Americans we still exclude from voting…

exactly. these people are dangerous because they vote. if they didn't, then yes, this would be cute. but this shit ain't funny.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it was into the thousands, would have been on social media and the local news stations would have covered it more.  KXAN did cover it and said around 500

https://www.kxan.com/nexstar/gods-army-convoy-holds-rally-in-dripping-springs-before-heading-to-border/

A traveling convoy journeying across the nation toward the southern border made a stop in Dripping Springs Thursday to hold a rally, in which organizers and speakers conveyed mixed messages regarding their goal.

….

Throughout the Thursday pep rally, speakers had mixed messages about what the goal of the convoy was. Several speakers and those in attendance said they were going down to the border to pray, while others took a more confrontational approach.

Roughly 500 people were in attendance, according to a security guard at the event. The rally began around 5 p.m. Thursday at the One Shot Distillery and Brewery. The convoy arrived in Central Texas late Wednesday.

One shot fucking sucks. How is that place still open? To be honest though, their nazi beer names like Blitzkrieg Blonde and Panzer IPA are on brand

200 to 300 hundred tops.

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I was born in the panhandle, raised on the Carcinogenic Coast and went to live in the People's Republic of Austin by the grace of God, because my ass didn't deserve it.

I was not gruntled to hear about my rights from a boviating meatchicken jackass. 

I did have the dunkel because I'm a sucker for dark tasty beers. Sue me.

Edited by Walser
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

One shot fucking sucks. How is that place still open? To be honest though, their nazi beer names like Blitzkrieg Blonde and Panzer IPA are on brand

25 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Sorry, the blitzkrieg is a bock, not a blonde

founder is a fucking insurrectionist to boot, so it's all too fitting. and yeah, it boggles the mind the place is still open

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

founder is a fucking insurrectionist to boot, so it's all too fitting. and yeah, it boggles the mind the place is still open

Fitzhugh is popping. I have watched over the years, being nearby and all, and it keeps growing. That two lane road will be short-lived.

That One Shot place is unfortunately on a good bit of ground. Near a main intersection. They will be around for a bit.

also, I know little to nothing about distilling, but my first hunch would not be to peer inside the still without eye protection. maybe he's trying to be like his buddy Stewart Rhodes and sport a sweet eye patch (which he needs because he shot his own eye out).

• Drool 1

13 hours ago, BamaATL said:

It's pretty depressing honestly.  When I was on campus I worked at Gorgas library (our main) for a while in the inter-library exchange in special collections (I was for all intents and purposes a glorified package handler at minimum wage, nothing special by any means).  We actually have a pretty amazing library.  This whole "movement" is just pathetic and generally sad.  

Dude man. I worked there back when it was scrolls. We probably got told what to do by the same people.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

but my first hunch would not be to peer inside the still without eye protection.

I don't know much about it either, but the process does have several conditions that can create potential explosions. I'm guessing that they've taken preventative measures to avoid that but I'm just guessing...

Safety first!

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

One Shot made 32nd out of 36 things to do in Dripping Springs on Trip Advisor.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I am legitimately wondering why there is a Trip Advisor page for Dripping Springs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

One Shot made 32nd out of 36 things to do in Dripping Springs on Trip Advisor.

Other options probably higher on the list... (maybe not but probably) a feed store, post hole digging, cedar removal...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I am legitimately wondering why there is a Trip Advisor page for Dripping Springs.

Pit stop on the way to one of several state parks? We didn't go that way since we were further north but Pedernales Falls is a great place to hike around.

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The Hill Country of Texas is a pretty big vacation area, man. There's like 8 wineries, 8 breweries, and 3-5 distilleries in that area. 

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Family Business is owned by Jensen Ackles. 

That's a great spot. We've been there 3-4 times. Lots of space and a playground for kids, lots of shade under the live oaks, pretty solid beer, lots of food options. Highly reccomend. 

6 hours ago, TeeDubya said:

...of their cousins

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

or sisters 

Hey, y'all piddle around asking for permission. I'll just beg for forgiveness. If Mama Uncle wants to whoop my ass, I'll out-wrassle em as long as I can dodge that third arm.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BamaATL said:

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The Hill Country of Texas is a pretty big vacation area, man. There's like 8 wineries, 8 breweries, and 3-5 distilleries in that area. 

While I agree with the first post, Dripping has also been the wedding capital of Texas for like two straight years. It’s insane.