The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 3/15/2021 at 5:48 PM, Bojack said:

According to authorities on the subject like Charlie Kirk, Ben Shapiro, and Tucker Carlson; Lebron James and Prince Harry are examples of effeminate men.  

If Charlie Kirk, Ben Shapiro, and Tucker Carlson had ever served in the military, or played pro sports, they'd need a safe space for the rest of their lives, after all of the taunting they'd undergo.  Those three would not be able to handle the hazing.

This thread is what is wrong with post-modern sociopolitical norms: a series of people with little to no bearing on any issues anyone actually cares about absorb all the communicative oxygen, and when a real issue rears its head some moron like the seed dude comes along and argues that up is down, black is white, and Donald Trump is not a big fat criminal imbecile.

Plato had it wrong: the shadows on the wall were not signs of things, or even signs of other signs. The were advertisements for next season's reality shows, the new substitute for, you know... reality.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
Fat fingers
  • Hook 'Em 1

Kevin is a busy man, flew back from El Paso and now going after Swalwell, perhaps in retaliation for Swalwell's lawsuit regarding the insurrection. Ignoring that part, this bickering and posturing over minutiae glosses over some serious national security issues and reduces the HPSCI to the point of why bother, just hand the keys to our adversaries.

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This thread is what is wrong with post-modern sociopolitical norms: a series of people with little to no bearing on any issues anyone actually cares about absorb all the communicative oxygen, and when a real issue rears its head some moron like the seed dude comes along and argues that up is down, black is white, and Donald Trump is not a big fat criminal imbecile.

Plato had it wrong: the shadows on the wall were not signs of things, or even signs of other signs. The were advertisements for next season's reality shows, the new substitute for, you know... reality.

Guilty as charged, but some days the fluff is what keeps us me afloat instead of lying face down on the floor in a state of inebriation. Watching the world burn takes its toll....

• Haha 1

Didn't ole Chip say yesterday that the words matter? 

“These words all matter, right?” Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) told Melanie last night.

"There's old sayings in Texas about find all the rope in Texas and get a tall oak tree. You know, we take justice very seriously, & we ought to do that. Round up the bad guys."

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

just came to post that. just unbelievably tone deaf, at best. that's likely giving him WAY too much credit. 

it really boggles the mind how much of a political, economic, and social powerhouse Texas could be if people like him were not representing us. We talk about how great Texas is (above and beyond the praise we bestow on our nation) and yet we settle for mediocrity. Actually, we'd probably be better off if any of these people were even mediocre.

Death.  Cult.

One in four House members have chosen not to get vaccinated, three months after shots were made available to them. It appears to be Republicans who are refusing, if you can believe it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-coronavirus-vaccine-pelosi-republicans/2021/03/17/9487e264-85e3-11eb-8a67-f314e5fcf88d_story.html

35 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just came to post that. just unbelievably tone deaf, at best. that's likely giving him WAY too much credit. 

it really boggles the mind how much of a political, economic, and social powerhouse Texas could be if people like him were not representing us. We talk about how great Texas is (above and beyond the praise we bestow on our nation) and yet we settle for mediocrity. Actually, we'd probably be better off if any of these people were even mediocre.

The reality is Texas is successful because of the vast amount of natural resources specifically oil.  You’d have to be really really stupid to fuck up Texas’ economy, and I fear at some point our politicians are going to hit that point.  But, as long as people have their jobs, trucks and guns they’ll be happy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

*shocked Pikachu face* 

I'm a little shocked, honestly. I almost respect them for putting their money where their mouth is. So far, the GOP strategy has been to downplay COVID at every turn, downplay the need for everyone to get a vaccine, then use their position to get the first available shot.

Also have to love the mental gymnastics they had to go through to get there: "I don't need a vaccine for something with a 99.8% survival rate, but Trump deserves credit for the beautiful, perfect vaccine, but Biden is spearheading vaccine rollout...shit!"

30 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

The reality is Texas is successful because of the vast amount of natural resources specifically oil.  You’d have to be really really stupid to fuck up Texas’ economy, and I fear at some point our politicians are going to hit that point.  But, as long as people have their jobs, trucks and guns they’ll be happy. 

they tried their damnedest a few weeks ago. I still think they are in self preservation mode and trying to conceal the real extent of the collateral damage. it might be years before we know how bad it actually was

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ah ... Chip Roy.  Born in Maryland. Went to college in Virginia.  Moved to Texas when he was 30 years old. Now an expert on "old Texas"  sayings.

Yep, remember - the most Texan-y people in Texas who claim they are standing up for Texas values seem to all be transplants.  Patrick, Paxton, Chip Roy, Cruz. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fake trucks, fake boots, fake sayings, fake Texans.  We get what we deserve.

All hat and no cattle.  

Also, just wanted to come here and say that yesterday, there was a Trump 2024 march in NYC.  About 25-50 people carrying a Trump 2024 flag downtown.  Fucking idiots.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

All hat and no cattle.  

Also, just wanted to come here and say that yesterday, there was a Trump 2024 march in NYC.  About 25-50 people carrying a Trump 2024 flag downtown.  Fucking idiots.  

You should speak more nicely about our governing demographic.  They're going to win out, eventually.  Stupidity has momentum.  It can only be slowed, not stopped.

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

All hat and no cattle.  

Totes normal.  I remember all the Senior Bush marches in 1993.  No, no I don't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm a little shocked, honestly. I almost respect them for putting their money where their mouth is. So far, the GOP strategy has been to downplay COVID at every turn, downplay the need for everyone to get a vaccine, then use their position to get the first available shot.

Nah it's easy to tell the difference between the panderers and the true believers who got elected.  The panderers went and did exactly what you expected them to do.  The true believers are treating this like a purity test of stupid.  And they intend to prove to everyone just how stupid they are.

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hmm, I'm almost 50 years old.  I've never lived anywhere except for Texas.  I've lived in the sticks and I've lived in cities.  I've never heard a phrase like this.  Anyone know what old Texas phrase this old timer Texan Chip Roy is talking about?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Nah it's easy to tell the difference between the panderers and the true believers who got elected.  The panderers went and did exactly what you expected them to do.  The true believers are treating this like a purity test of stupid.  And they intend to prove to everyone just how stupid they are.

Hmm, I'm almost 50 years old.  I've never lived anywhere except for Texas.  I've lived in the sticks and I've lived in cities.  I've never heard a phrase like this.  Anyone know what old Texas phrase this old timer Texan Chip Roy is talking about?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Totes normal.  I remember all the Senior Bush marches in 1993.  No, no I don't.

Mom says, kinda like the Woodstock baby, I was born at the '77 Ford riots in D.C.  Those wounds run..........pretty deep.

What if I said it’s from an Effin Toby Keith song. Sadly Willie was part of it.

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas find a tall oak tree,
Round up all them bad boys hang them high in the street
For all the people to see
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, bluto said:

What if I said it’s from an Effin Toby Keith song. Sadly Willie was part of it.

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas find a tall oak tree,
Round up all them bad boys hang them high in the street
For all the people to see

figures a carpetbagger like chip roy would find inspiration in a fucking sooner song.

and i prefer to choose to forget that willie was part of this terrible episode.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

figures a carpetbagger like chip roy would find inspiration in a fucking sooner song.

and i prefer to choose to forget that willie was part of this terrible episode.

Hell willie is great but even he can make mistakes. We all do.

39 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I believe it’s Jyna Virus

What's up?!?  Name's Jyna.  Look, I'm gonna be real honest with you.  It's been a long time since I've been with a man.  Spent a lot of time with those ladies, looking back to get back up there.  You have real soft, delicate features.  Maybe throw a little rouge on you.

Roy’s district is one that as drawn now could go to sleep in 2022 and has enough organizing action in SW ATX and enough younger kids in New Braunfels to get someone over the hump. But goddamn, if people are up and angry it won’t work. Nothing but PFG shirts, shitty trucker hats and Cavender acid wash pants in that “suburb” that can fuck shit up. If you have seen one country ass person outside high school, you have seen them all. The younger people who lived in San Antonio have moved there for getting drunk as tits on the river, and the already drunk as tits idiots from San Marcos have made it a full time destination.

• Hook 'Em 1