The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

again, the one thing conservatives / republicans in this era are really good at is lying.  they lie to each other and also to themselves.  they lie about what they are, they lie about why they do things, they lie non-stop about the dumbest, most easily disproved things. 

Mr. Dryden:
A man who tells lies, like me, merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Ruh, roh.  The amendment to legalize weed in NJ passed last November (I voted for it).  My kids are NOT going to like this.  

Hell, I moved to Washington state for this exact reason. Kids are overrated 

• Haha 2

Alabama is stupid world.
Lots of schools still have fucking square dancing during PE but heaven forbid we teach some foreign chanty stretchy exercises!!!!  Kids might learn weird foreign words and shit.
We did square dancing in Houston in the 80s. And that rad giant parachute.
But it was at a very diverse elementary so we also had some badass double dutch girls jump rope but also a fun game called "tackle the man with the ball" aka ______* name redacted

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

They say the quiet parts out loud. 

If I did not know who he was and had never heard him speak I would still be leery of him because his facial expressions and body language are just off. I am certain we have all crossed paths with a person or two where we know something isn’t right. This is the vibe I get before the blatant racism comes flowing out so easily.

I will never understand racism beyond it being an aspect of society that is absolutely one of the most harmful things ever devised in the minds of human beings. My gosh we are all just people and we should celebrate that we are different instead of having to read about stories like this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

If I did not know who he was and had never heard him speak I would still be leery of him because his facial expressions and body language are just off. I am certain we have all crossed paths with a person or two where we know something isn’t right. This is the vibe I get before the blatant racism comes flowing out so easily.

I will never understand racism beyond it being an aspect of society that is absolutely one of the most harmful things ever devised in the minds of human beings. My gosh we are all just people and we should celebrate that we are different instead of having to read about stories like this.

I hate the people that profit off racism.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Ruh, roh.  The amendment to legalize weed in NJ passed last November (I voted for it).  My kids are NOT going to like this.  

I have yet to ever smoke weed in my life, but I am 100 percent for it being legalized on a national level. I passed on listening to the audio from that governor. He should have been called out on the spot for lying. 

That we are still having a debate in 2021 about this being legal nationally is somewhat silly. I know conservatives thoroughly enjoy invoking quotes from the founding fathers when it strikes their fancy, but were most of them around at the moment they’d be appalled that marijuana isn’t legal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Church of Christ, oh how I adore thee.

Y'all make Baptists look like party animals. If there are worse places on Earth tan Abilene, TX and Sparta, TN, I don't want to know about them.

Tennessee is the Holy Land of the Church of Christ....Fuckers are everywhere up there, judgin' everybody else. As I read that letter I recognized it as TN C of C, and I was never a member. My next door neighbor buddy in Nashville was -- Wednesday nights and twice on Sunday -- and I got a bellyful of it second-hand. 

Sparta, on the other hand, is in a beautiful part of the state. I went to Hy-Lake summer camp 15 minutes down the road on the Caney Fork River outside of Quebeck -- pr. Quee-beck -- and it was amazing. The Cumberland Plateau is hills verging on mountains, rivers and creeks everywhere, caves all over the place, really wild areas with names like Fiery Gizzard, Virgin Falls and Savage Gulf.

It was a rich kid camp -- I only got to go because the director was our neighbor and his kids were in our carpool. He lost it in a statewide banking scandal, and...the fucking Church of Christ ended up with it. 

And Sparta is also the hometown of Lester Flatt, and that alone atones for a lot of Church of Christ fuckery.

Also, baseball stat oddity / all-time fluke Earl Webb, whose record of 67 doubles still stands 90 years later. He only played nine seasons and never hit more than 30 doubles in any of the others. 

So: Sparta >>>>Abilene. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

I hate the people that profit off racism.  

I got past feeling hatred towards human beings who espouse these beliefs. I feel I think a certain sense of sadness to see people spend a lifetime hating others because of their skin color. You get one shot at life and it gets wasted on an irrational dislike and hatred of a race of people because they look different. All that hate just burns you up and destroys the soul.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I have yet to ever smoke weed in my life, but I am 100 percent for it being legalized on a national level. I passed on listening to the audio from that governor. He should have been called out on the spot for lying. 

That we are still having a debate in 2021 about this being legal nationally is somewhat silly. I know conservatives thoroughly enjoy invoking quotes from the founding fathers when it strikes their fancy, but were most of them around at the moment they’d be appalled that marijuana isn’t legal. 

• Like 1

What laws/legislation have Republican presidents/congress passed since 1950? Their big achievements? I’m genuinely curious. 

Interstate Highway System - Eisenhower 

NASA - Eisenhower 

Budget Control Act of 1974 - Nixon 

1985 Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act - Reagan 

1982 Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act - Reagan (which led to savings and loan crisis)

Americans With Disabilities Act - Tall Bush 

National Narcotics Leadership Act of 1988

Clean Air Act - Tall Bush 

1990 Farm Bill - Tall Bush

1991 Civil Rights Act - Tall Bush

Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act - Little Bush 

Patriot Act - Little Bush 

Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act - Little Bush

Sarbanes-Oxley Act - Little Bush 

Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 - Little Bush 

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 - Trump 

The overall theme is just tax cuts for wealthy, harsh punishments for crime, and some good will stuff for old people, disabilities. 

10 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I got past feeling hatred towards human beings who espouse these beliefs. I feel I think a certain sense of sadness to see people spend a lifetime hating others because of their skin color. You get one shot at life and it gets wasted on an irrational dislike and hatred of a race of people because they look different. All that hate just burns you up and destroys the soul.

Wish I could like this more than once.

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

What laws/legislation have Republican presidents/congress passed since 1950? Their big achievements? I’m genuinely curious. 

NASA - Eisenhower 

1985 Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act - Reagan 

1982 Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act - Reagan (which led to savings and loan crisis)

The overall theme is just tax cuts for wealthy, harsh punishments for crime, and some good will stuff for old people, disabilities. 

The 2005 bankruptcy act was the worst. Just a complete sellout to banks and credit card companies and in my opinion was a direct cause of the slow recovery after the 2008 market crash which they all pretty much knew was coming eventually.  Essentially made 50 percent of all of America’s credit card debt nondischargeable for no good policy reason except to reward past and future stupid lending. Totally unforgivable and passed with some dem support. Purest example ever that the government doesn’t work for the people. Even worse than the trump tax scam. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

NASA - Eisenhower 

Wasn't Little Bush No Child Left Behind as well? He tried to get comprehensive immigration reform too, but got fucked from both sides.

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

NASA - Eisenhower 

Nixon with the EPA was huge.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dumb Question Amnesty: Do people in the LGBTQIA+ community get tired of the acronym name? Just from a purely branding standpoint and ease of use, why not switch to the Rainbow community and fade out the acronyms. I mean, the Rainbow flag is already used and some people already use the Rainbow community name. Seems like saying all the letters would be a beating? Maybe not. I don’t know. I’m dumb. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Dumb Question Amnesty: Do people in the LGBTQIA+ community get tired of the acronym name? Just from a purely branding standpoint and ease of use, why not switch to the Rainbow community and fade out the acronyms. I mean, the Rainbow flag is already used and some people already use the Rainbow community name. Seems like saying all the letters would be a beating? Maybe not. I don’t know. I’m dumb. 

My students keep changing their investment on the acronym, calling out people who forget some of the letters and later people who use too many of them. 

Reminds me of this 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Do you even Pink Floyd, bro?  

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

A guest host on the Alex Jones show went off on a Noah's Ark tangent a few days ago.

First he said God Harveyed the world because of gay hanky-panky. (Not true -- maybe Sodom & Gomorrah, but not the planet.) And then God sent the Rainbow Sign, which this host interprets as more a warning than a, um, olive branch. The rainbow was God spiking the football after that big TD of his.

So according to this dude, it's the same thing as what Bill Hicks said about Jesus and the cross.

"You think when Jesus comes back, he really wants to see a cross? That's like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on."

So yeah, like if the gays God drowned in the Flood come back now, they don't want to see rainbows everywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1

FWIW, one of the new(ish) hashtags the Republican reps are trying to get trending is #OurWayOfLife. Can't quite put my finger on that phrase (eye roll), but the plausible deniability they will use and the cultural battle they are gathering weapons with which to prepare for 2022 is going to be painful to watch as it picks up steam.

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

FWIW, one of the new(ish) hashtags the Republican reps are trying to get trending is #OurWayOfLife. Can't quite put my finger on that phrase (eye roll), but the plausible deniability they will use and the cultural battle they are gathering weapons with which to prepare for 2022 is going to be painful to watch as it picks up steam.

Good gravy.  What's next?  #warofdemocraticaggression?

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good gravy.  What's next?  #warofdemocraticaggression?

Don't jinx it, because you're not far off. When Rep Stauber used it in his twitter account in a tweet with Kristi Noem, I got curious and nosed around a bit. It's also being used in Iowa, for example, and is gaining traction on Gab, the platform I will continue to urge people to take seriously.

For example, they have taken Tucker's piece on women in the military and are using it to push the concept that pregnant women are being sent to battle and 'that is not who we are' and reframing women's place as keepers of the Christian home, building steam towards Tara and the scene in the study with men and brandy and cigars before the war. We have to save our way of life would be the rally cry for them w/o much difficulty and they know it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know that conventional wisdom has the opposition party typically cleaning up in midterms, but the Republicans are making it shockingly easy for the Democrats to take all of the credit should the world be back to normal by November 2022.

The world will be back to normal by the summer and the midterms will be a victory lap.  Republicans will run on things like Dr Suess.

Schools open in the fall - check
Adults vaccinated by summer - check
Stimulus money to burn when the world is open again - check
Families getting cash payments in 2021 and tax credits for children in 2022 - check
Economy humming along - check

The worst will be Republicans who try to take credit for all of that. 

The Dr. Seuss cancel culture white grievance shit paired with GOP states imposing new voting restrictions will work.
  • Rage+1 2

Yeah no shit. That’s ridiculous. This needs to be figured out. Just like Trump won Texas not because of the suburban whites per usual but because of the Hispanics in the valley and the border coming out strong for trump.

Trump won Texas because of white voters. Biden could’ve won the valley 100-0 and Trump would’ve still won by hundreds of thousands of votes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Do yourself a favor and don't look up what "SuperStraight" is. But it's along those same lines. Seriously. Don't google it. Just take my word for it, and also look at the acronym the word forms..

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Do yourself a favor and don't look up what "SuperStraight" is. But it's along those same lines. Seriously. Don't google it. Just take my word for it, and also look at the acronym the word forms..

Super Straight has nothing to do with Lindsey Graham and Mike Pence??

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't wait for people to start buying yoga mats so they can burn them.

Why would an Alabama Magat burn a yoga mat when they can rascal scooter their fat, ignorant ass down to Subway and just eat one?  Win-Win.

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Don’t be such a pussy

Even beyond the valley, Trump got 280k votes in counties bordering MX. Give every single one to Biden and Trump still wins by 71k votes. Let's run with the "Hispanics are why Biden lost Texas" narrative when Trump won whites 2-1 though. Math is for pussies! 'Merica!

Edited by gmr548

17 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Even beyond the valley, Trump got 280k votes in counties bordering MX. Give every single one to Biden and Trump still wins by 71k votes. Let's run with the "Hispanics are why Biden lost Texas" narrative when Trump won whites 2-1 though. Math is for pussies! 'Merica!

I agree if Trump is on the ballot in 2022 dems won’t pick up any seats in texas

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

I will take your word for it, so thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't wait for people to start buying yoga mats so they can burn them.

That would create a conundrum. Buy an eco-friendly sustainable mat (climate change/green science!) or a PVC or rubber mat (science! but deadlier).