The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, lemonlime said:

I love how the right wing takes everything awful trump says completely out of context, ignoring all the other shit he's done.  It's like saying someone didn't try to rob a bank just because he asked for ten thousand dollars because there's nothing illegal about asking for money, while ignoring the gun he had aimed at the teller.

It's like they're saying "hey, look, for once he didn't do something illegal or unethical!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

while ignoring the gun he had aimed at the teller.

Oh, so we're not allowed to have guns anymore and it's illegal to ask for money?  Is it a crime to wear a ski mask?  Interesting use of the phrase "getaway driver" while the libs try to outlaw driving.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's a slightly less toxic call than the one to Raffensberger.  That he's calling at all is pretty toxic in and of itself.

THANK YOU!

That @workswithseed is arguing over a correction in a story and not the complete and total FACT WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN IN QUESTION which is that a sitting President during a national election called not ONE, but TWO people directly responsible for the certification/outcome of their state's results.

THAT IS NOT NORMAL!

IT IS NEVER NORMAL!

STOP ACTING LIKE IT IS NORMAL!

It is this FACT that bothers me so. The attorneys who study the state and federal statues regarding election law and intent and all that jazz can have at it, but no candidate--not Donald Trump nor Joseph Biden should be calling up state officials. That is mob boss behavior, intimidation, and REMOVES THE DEMOCRATIC ACTION OF VOTING and puts it into the hands of politicians.

Gah, I can't even....

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
apostrophe ran wild...
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

If Obama had made those exact same calls, you'd be flinging spit calling for his head....which you would be right to do.

I don't know man.  I think he may just be another one of these people that lacks critical thinking and can't see nuance.  

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

from your own fucking link, dude. no reported threat.

"things that are gonna be unbelievable" = "find the fraud" 

"you'll be praised" = "national hero"

it's a simple misquote that you are misrepresenting as that all reporting of the ridiculous phone call was fake news. then you pivot to a flat out lie.

why do you do this dissembling bullshit? i mean, you are flat out misrepresenting even your own fucking link. it's absurd.

Also, how was it so misquoted? Did they just get one anonymous source, and not listen themselves? Or did they listen to it themselves and falsely put it in quotes. You can't quote something that wasn't said so you're this quote equals this quote isn't right. You can have an opinion of it, but if you're in the business of being a news outlet, that seems pretty bad.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Also, how was it so misquoted? Did they just get one anonymous source, and not listen themselves? Or did they listen to it themselves and falsely put it in quotes. You can't quote something that wasn't said so you're this quote equals this quote isn't right. You can have an opinion of it, but if you're in the business of being a news outlet, that seems pretty bad.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The report of THAT call did not include reporting of a threat.  That was the call to the SOS -- the other call.  Two calls.  Both with the transparent intent to alter an election outcome.

Dude....come on.  If Obama had made those exact same calls, you'd be flinging spit calling for his head....which you would be right to do.

"Find the fraud," as first reported from Trump could be deemed as a threatening, but I guess not outright threat.

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

"Find the fraud," as first reported from Trump could be deemed as a threatening, but I guess not outright threat.

You really don't understand sources, and paraphrasing, do you?

AP was NOT provided the recording for the initial story.  Instead, they had a source who had heard the call, and stated that Trump had told her to find the fraud.  Which he most certainly did, albeit not in that exact "quote."  As an analogy, a source could have heard Jimmy Threefingers tell his henchman "make sure that Mickey never makes it home," and that source tells the AP, or FBI, or whoever, that Jimmy told the boys to kill Mickey.  Now, Jimmy didn't say the exact words "kill Mickey."  But that's exactly what he instructed the guys to do.

Trump absolutely instructed her to find something.  Anything.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

giphy.gif

What's wrong? Why the misquote? Someone didn't do their job. 

Just now, Js1 said:

It’s truly impressive you either don’t know when to give up or you just are too dumb and gotta keep checking your new talking points. 

Por que no los dos? Also this is funny.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/14/politics/trump-phone-call-georgia-investigator-trash-folder/index.html

"(CNN)Officials in the Georgia Secretary of State's Office located a recently released recording of former President Donald Trump's call to a state investigator in a trash folder on her device, a state official familiar with the situation confirmed to CNN."

"It is still not clear why Watson moved the audio of the call to her trash folder, but Watson told Winne that even though she was surprised Trump called her, she did not perceive any pressure from his phone call."

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You provided the link to the Associated Press correction in your initial post so let's grab a piece of chalk and diagram it out on the board:

-----ATLANTA (AP) — In a story February 10, 2021, about an investigation into potential attempts to influence the 2020 election in Georgia, The Associated Press, based on information provided by a source, erroneously reported then-President Donald Trump pressed a lead Georgia elections investigator to “find the fraud” and said it would make the investigator a national hero. A recording of the call made public two months later revealed that Trump did not say either and instead said that if the investigator looked into Fulton County the investigator would “find things that are gonna be unbelievable.” Trump also told the investigator: “When the right answer comes out, you’ll be praised.”-----

The story back in February was about an investigation.

The investigation was about potential attempts to INFLUENCE the 2020 election.

The reporter talked to a source (un-named) who provided information (NOTE--information but not the call itself). Also note, the original article does not state who the source was or if the source listened in on the call or heard about it or what, but Georgia officials did clarify this week that they didn't intend to mislead the reporter with a word for word description. So, to answer your question, the reporter was not able to listen in on the call until it was released and that is why the AP has issued a correction now that they've been able to listen to the recording.

It isn't bad, it has happened in journalism with reporters since forever and the internet has increased it's frequency (but they still try and correct quickly) and you're paying attention to it now because reasons.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

You provided the link to the Associated Press correction in your initial post so let's grab a piece of chalk and diagram it out on the board:

-----ATLANTA (AP) — In a story February 10, 2021, about an investigation into potential attempts to influence the 2020 election in Georgia, The Associated Press, based on information provided by a source, erroneously reported then-President Donald Trump pressed a lead Georgia elections investigator to “find the fraud” and said it would make the investigator a national hero. A recording of the call made public two months later revealed that Trump did not say either and instead said that if the investigator looked into Fulton County the investigator would “find things that are gonna be unbelievable.” Trump also told the investigator: “When the right answer comes out, you’ll be praised.”-----

The story back in February was about an investigation.

The investigation was about potential attempts to INFLUENCE the 2020 election.

The reporter talked to a source (un-named) who provided information (NOTE--information but not the call itself). Also note, the original article does not state who the source was or if the source listened in on the call or heard about it or what, but Georgia officials did clarify this week that they didn't intend to mislead the reporter with a word for word description. So, to answer your question, the reporter was not able to listen in on the call until it was released and that is why the AP has issued a correction now that they've been able to listen to the recording.

It isn't bad, it has happened in journalism with reporters since forever and the internet has increased it's frequency (but they still try and correct quickly) and you're paying attention to it now because reasons.

Or, the short version of this idiocy: the original story was based on a source, who paraphrased the call.  Once the AP got access to the actual call itself, the AP clarified the exact wording of the call, as it differed somewhat from the paraphrasing they had been previously provided.

On other words, with that single act of responsible clarification, the AP demonstrated more journalistic integrity and ethics than the entirety of Fox news and all of its personalities have in their entire existence.

And in MAGAbrain world.....they think that's a win.  The idiocy, wrapped in a double-standard, and dipped in shit, is mind boggling.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

What's wrong? Why the misquote? Someone didn't do their job. 

Por que no los dos? Also this is funny.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/14/politics/trump-phone-call-georgia-investigator-trash-folder/index.html

"(CNN)Officials in the Georgia Secretary of State's Office located a recently released recording of former President Donald Trump's call to a state investigator in a trash folder on her device, a state official familiar with the situation confirmed to CNN."

"It is still not clear why Watson moved the audio of the call to her trash folder, but Watson told Winne that even though she was surprised Trump called her, she did not perceive any pressure from his phone call."

She should be surprised.

PRESIDENTS AND PEOPLE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT SHOULD STAY OUT OF THE ELECTION PROCESS. ONCE THE VOTES ARE BEING COUNTED, IT IS OUT OF THEIR HANDS. PERIOD. FULL STOP.

It doesn't matter whether she "perceived" pressure. Not one iota. You're trying to make this action seem normal and misdirecting away to the media. If it helps, ignore the media left or right--doesn't matter--and focus on actions a president should or should not be doing while awaiting results.

• Hook 'Em 1

workswithseed always strikes me as a "just asking questions" guy. Again, he didn't vote for Trump but he sure as hell loves to carry his water. If I had to guess, he's a big Tucker Carlson fan. That or his brain has been rotted by non-stop alt-right YouTube clips. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

workswithseed always strikes me as a "just asking questions" guy. Again, he didn't vote for Trump but he sure as hell loves to carry his water. If I had to guess, he's a big Tucker Carlson fan. That or his brain has been rotted by non-stop alt-right YouTube clips. 

Oh c'mon, I'm sure all the dropouts from Denton are great at discerning fact from propoganda

They're having a cook out. I don't know if they should really call it a BBQ:

Amy Kremer, ICYMI, is the leader of Women For Trump PAC. A former flight attendant (hey, not a realtor!), she ran for a seat in Georgia's 6th Congressional District (2017 due to the Tom Price HHS confirmation) but was defeated in the primary.

The spoiler contains the rest of the twitter thread including the rates for staying at Trump Doral. Grifters gonna grift.

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They're having a cook out. I don't know if they should really call it a BBQ:

Amy Kremer, ICYMI, is the leader of Women For Trump PAC. A former flight attendant (hey, not a realtor!), she ran for a seat in Georgia's 6th Congressional District (2017 due to the Tom Price HHS confirmation) but was defeated in the primary.

The spoiler contains the rest of the twitter thread including the rates for staying at Trump Doral. Grifters gonna grift.

Hide contents

How many of you have stayed at a Trump property?  I can't help but think they'd be a little threadbare and under maintained?  Faux gilded shit everywhere.

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

How many of you have stayed at a Trump property?  I can't help but think they'd be a little threadbare and under maintained?  Faux gilded shit everywhere.

Good hamburger steaks with pesto according to those in the know. 

Artist rendition by Tucker Carlson TV Dinners:

Isolated Salisbury Steak Tv Dinner With Brownie Stock Photo - Download Image Now - iStock

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

stayed in the Chicago property.  Been inside New York, D.C., and Chicago.  They're not as gaudy as you'd think, but they're an eyesore.  You have to remember, most of his properties are just flag properties.  Not only managed by a different group, but in some cases developed by another group as well.  So there is somebody usually over his shoulder getting him to tap the brakes on his shittastic taste in fuckery.  

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

stayed in the Chicago property.  Been inside New York, D.C., and Chicago.  They're not as gaudy as you'd think, but they're an eyesore.  You have to remember, most of his properties are just flag properties.  Not only managed by a different group, but in some cases developed by another group as well.  So there is somebody usually over his shoulder getting him to tap the brakes on his shittastic taste in fuckery.  

Rented a condo at the Trump in Chicago 7-8 years ago.  Thank God we never bought there - not that it was considered.  The place was really noisy with wind at the higher units due to the necessary flexing built in.  It had amazing views and overall the property didn't feel much like Trump.  Pretty sure there's a behind the scenes fight to drop the name.  There were a couple standard units and one did have some weird marble with gold shit he liked but that design was limited to certain condos and you could opt out. I have seen those units and they looked like ass from what I recall.  Anyways, happy we left well before his Presidential run. 

Also stayed at the Dominick in SoHo/NYC which used to be Trump - but much better with the name drop and new management.  It also never had much of Trump's fingerprints on design even when it had the Trump moniker. 

The real Trump 'feel' hits at Doral in FL.  We have been there a few times for conferences and holy shit it's all Trump.  Stupid gold shit all over.  Bathrooms were out of paper towels constantly and out of soap a few times.  It was mind boggling how many hispanics worked there - I know that's common in the industry but there seemed to be more than other hotels and they really stuck out considering Trump's constant railing against hispanic people.  The last conference was just prior to covid in Feb of last year and some immature assholes were betting eachother about pissing on any Trump sign.  There was a lot of urine left behind on that property, that particular weekend. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

It’s truly impressive you either don’t know when to give up or you just are too dumb and gotta keep checking your new talking points. 

It would be great if everyone would just ignore the trolls. They’ll say, ‘But we can’t let their bullshit go unchecked!’ Yes you can. Because it’s bullshit.

You know what happens when you feed a stray cat? That cat keeps coming back to get fed. It’s the same thing with trolls. Don’t feed the trolls.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

to be fair, loud mouthed men are also annoying.

Agreed, but if I am having a conversation at work and say "boy, loudmouthed black people sure are annoying" I expect to have a pretty short conversation with HR, followed by period of unemployment. I know you are not trying to imply otherwise, but not a great post by a poster who is otherwise pretty solid (UCLA takes not included).

Edited by Serak The Preparer
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I would like to hear what words Chip would like to use. Friends and family? Hard working Americans who had a bad day?

it was a group of american patriots going to this bingo parlor at the YMCA, well one thing led to another, and the instructions got all fouled up...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Rented a condo at the Trump in Chicago 7-8 years ago.  Thank God we never bought there - not that it was considered.  The place was really noisy with wind at the higher units due to the necessary flexing built in.  It had amazing views and overall the property didn't feel much like Trump.  Pretty sure there's a behind the scenes fight to drop the name.  There were a couple standard units and one did have some weird marble with gold shit he liked but that design was limited to certain condos and you could opt out. I have seen those units and they looked like ass from what I recall.  Anyways, happy we left well before his Presidential run. 

Also stayed at the Dominick in SoHo/NYC which used to be Trump - but much better with the name drop and new management.  It also never had much of Trump's fingerprints on design even when it had the Trump moniker. 

The real Trump 'feel' hits at Doral in FL.  We have been there a few times for conferences and holy shit it's all Trump.  Stupid gold shit all over.  Bathrooms were out of paper towels constantly and out of soap a few times.  It was mind boggling how many hispanics worked there - I know that's common in the industry but there seemed to be more than other hotels and they really stuck out considering Trump's constant railing against hispanic people.  The last conference was just prior to covid in Feb of last year and some immature assholes were betting eachother about pissing on any Trump sign.  There was a lot of urine left behind on that property, that particular weekend. 

Probably undocumented.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/us/undocumented-housekeeper-trump-golf-bedminster.html

On 3/16/2021 at 5:30 PM, JimmyJames said:

I wonder if these right wing lying turds realize the full extent of how little credibility they have now. And that includes Fox News. Nobody but their own dipshit base cares one whit what they say.

If the Murdochs discovered they'd make more money taking Fox News to the left, they'd be on the phone to Maddow, and Tucker, Hannity, and Laura would be getting orders to praise Biden and bash Trump.