The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 2/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I could see there was fire, and I was reading along hoping to see a self immolation video.  Ah well, nevertheless.

The most raggedy paperback they tossed in that fire could've sold for 5 bucks a pop on eBay. But that would require them to do unfamiliar tasks like take phone pics and go onto the internet. Burning bags of money. At least they don't need money.

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They fear what they don’t understand. They’re frightened by the unfamiliar.

Ignorance -> Fear -> Intolerance -> Hate

It’s an age-old formula.

I don’t know, they obviously don’t understand the Gospel that is the backbone of their belief system. 

oh and you left off “hate leads to suffering”

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's cruel to torment children over anything, much less gender. Especially in a classroom from which there is no escape.

However, what can one expect from a former hair salon owner who lacks the self-awareness that hard water containing minerals will turn *blonde hair green. Medusa girl, look in a mirror!

*prettttty suure that is a dye job. The number of natural blondes in Texas is way lower than what people imagine.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The GQP disagrees. “Fags and queers and trannies ain’t natural, so we shouldn’t coddle them! Hell, we need to badger them into changing their ways to save their souls!”

Except for themselves..."my love of wearing women's underwear and shagging the pool boy is just me exercising my by-gawd 'murican freedom and is none of your business!" 

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

As in, we are all absolutely certain.

The Spirit Animal of Texas is a Leatherneck Bottle Blonde with a tree frog voice croaking for attention in a Bandera bar as she bums Marlboro Reds from her last month's mistake while making eyes at the college kids who just walked in fumbling at phones and fake IDs.

mom???....

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

As in, we are all absolutely certain.

The Spirit Animal of Texas is a Leatherneck Bottle Blonde with a tree frog voice croaking for attention in a Bandera bar as she bums Marlboro Reds from her last month's mistake while making eyes at the college kids who just walked in fumbling at phones and fake IDs.

.....go on......

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

I can't believe she's a teacher-- even if you personally can't stand a kid, simple classroom management means that you don't let the others mock them. You don't let a bunch of kids run your classroom.

hopefully her opponent gathers former students and parents and lets the world know how shitty of a teacher she was

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I've still never figured out what his obsession with gays and lesbians, trans, etc. is, and what bathrooms they use.  There is a point at which something is up with such an obsession.

I had a 78 year old client walk in with this shirt on today....

image.jpeg.1d45a2086df250d5417a843701856dd4.jpeg

He's also a former teacher, so yeah.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's cruel to torment children over anything, much less gender. Especially in a classroom from which there is no escape.

However, what can one expect from a former hair salon owner who lacks the self-awareness that hard water containing minerals will turn *blonde hair green. Medusa girl, look in a mirror!

*prettttty suure that is a dye job. The number of natural blondes in Texas is way lower than what people imagine.

as a natural blonde Texan i 100% agree! 😁 also, blonde jokes universally apply to bottle blondes. 😎

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I've still never figured out what his obsession with gays and lesbians, trans, etc. is, and what bathrooms they use.  There is a point at which something is up with such an obsession.

Exactly. When I take a shit in a public bathroom stall I don’t invite anyone else in there no matter what their sexual preference may happen to be. 

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Get a load of this fucktard:

lol, I actually watched that.  He did what every trumpkin does when they realize their lie is unraveling.  Fall back to the original argument that was just disproven, over and over and over, because they don't know where else to go from there.

Former GOP Congressman Joe Walsh:  Trumpworld would happily burn this country down to get what they want.  This is quite an eye-opening interview from a man who supported Trump at one point.

https://www.salon.com/2022/02/11/joe-walsh-on-what-the-left-doesnt-get-trumpworld-would-happily-this-country-down/

• Hook 'Em 2

From the Joe Walsh interview:

What did it feel like to have the power you possessed, at least for a while?

When you go on the radio every day or you go on Fox News every night, what you say can really move people to do things. Again, this is something unique to conservatives and Republicans. Rush was a pro and a master. We on the right dominate talk radio. There's much more of a direct contact and an intimacy on the right, in how their demagogues and celebrities and talkers and politicians talk to the people.

I don't think the Democrats have the equivalent of that. There's an elite aspect to the Democrat Party. Republican and conservative leadership know that Trump's a fucking fraud, it's all a grift. But they play the parts well and they come across like they're one of the people. There is enormous power doing what I did. It is very difficult to do the right thing. It's much easier to lie and inflame your listeners. And that's what Sean Hannity and all the rest of them have made their livings doing. I couldn't do that, because eventually I could only speak my truth. My truth is that Donald Trump is an evil, horrible guy. So eventually I had to say that, and then I lost everything.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 1

My thoughts on the latest simulation:

64w9zs.jpg

That's the short version. I spoilered the long version because it is boring and rambling and ledgey but it's been that kind of a day.

Spoiler

Looking around the landscape, you'd think we would all be like bears blinking in the sunlight as we come out of the pandemic cave of the last two years happy to see at last. Vaccines, masks, therapies for when those aren't sufficient available but sadly going wanting and a good percentage of us seem determined to stumble around and run into trees. Or worse, hunters, who happily bait their target with buzz words and talking points designed to ensnare any feeble minded bear in the traveling circus.

Someone once told me that the 'dream sequence/it's all in the mind' as a plot device was too often overused and frequently employed when the storyline in general was weak. I didn't take any Norse mythology or really any other literature 'ologies' in college, but I read a lot on the side back then, and I have a faint memory that there was a myth or tale that ended in that very way.

However, I'm getting suspicious that the simulation is a giant flip book of cards. Each day the cards are moving faster and faster as the letters and words and tiny images of people jumping and flailing about blur with the speed that only AI can master as our limited brains have simply become overwhelmed. An episode of Legion come to life, if you will. It would be nice if there was a score that didn't sound so ominous, the impending götterdämmerung looking remarkably similar to the smoke shrouded Capitol the day of January 6th but there it is. We are standing still in time, a brief moment in history, as the flip book reaches the end and is refreshed again. The drawings may change a little, we've got a few more people on the pages, but we haven't changed much have we? Still making the same old mistakes, still resurrecting the same old ghosts and fears and hates and longings until the play ends. "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow..." as Macbeth said.

Doesn't leave much room for optimism, certainly on the Ledge. Were Little Orphan Annie to appear and start singing her heart out, we'd be telling her to ring up Daddy Warbucks and ask him to hold off on the profiteering until we could sit in the sunlight for awhile and catch our breath. As if we could. Look, here comes another card.

• Like 2