Texas vs TCU Game Thread

Vertigo

Sorry, I don’t recognize the Texas team I saw the last couple of games. 

Were supposed to compete for 2 quarters and shit the bed in the third quarter. 

Sams supposed to throw the game away

We’re not supposed to be able to run the ball when it counts and protect the QB

TCU defense was supposed to be teeing off on us in the 4th 

Defense is supposed to play hard for a while, finally get demoralized and gassed then get steamrolled.

i don’t recognize the team I’ve seen the last couple of weeks. I like it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Went to the game with a buddy who graduated from Texas, and my folks. We ubered from his house to the game. Our uber driver was Jordan Sterns, Hayden’s older brother who played for Okie State. Awesome guy, and my friend and I continued to text him updates on how his brother was doing. Pretty fucking awesome day. Kicking game is trash, offensive play calling sucked most of the game because it was predictable. I liked watching Sam getting more and more comfortable in the pocket. It seemed to me that he was trusting his line more and more, and not being as quick to flush. It was my mom’s 71st birthday today, and she graduated in 1971, so we can thank her a little.

Quick side note;

I wasn’t at the Okie State game a few years back, but I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen officiating this bad live in my life.

great post.   Hook'em

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

End of first half, why didn’t we accept offsides penalty and re-kick?  No faith in punter perhaps?  I thought we should have tried to re kick and scoop more yards, run clock , maybe get a bounce .

Or we screw up the snap, the punter shanks the rekick, or TCU goes all out for the block and gets it. Lots of risk punting near your own endzone.

For anyone concerned over Watson getting carries late as opposed to Ingram (who is clearly the better back IMO), go watch highlights to see how Oregon’s RB coughed up the game. Sick for that kid... and super proud of Watson for literally sitting down inbounds in that first down he got on that final scoring drive.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, NowThis said:

the few penalties were a welcome relief considering Texas has been one of the most penalized teams the last 4 years. 

We're having far fewer drives killed by dumb penalties, and it has made a huge difference. 

I'm pretty sure we got away with a wr hold on lj's last TD, but I felt OK about it considering they ignored Johnson getting tackled in the endzone before the ball arrived on the previous drive. 

29 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

We're having far fewer drives killed by dumb penalties, and it has made a huge difference. 

I'm pretty sure we got away with a wr hold on lj's last TD, but I felt OK about it considering they ignored Johnson getting tackled in the endzone before the ball arrived on the previous drive. 

I'm was mostly gratified to see Collin hold a block for once.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zavala said:

Great offense against this D - the toughest we will see in the big 12.

DOMINANT defensive performance. Had the run held in check, had em scared to pass, wrecked their QB a few times until he didn't wanna play anymore. LOVE IT.

BALLGAME.jpg

Don’t fucking highlight TOP as I’ve been told by mike leach cronies it means jackshit. What’s the matter with you?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dropout said:

Don’t fucking highlight TOP as I’ve been told by mike leach cronies it means jackshit. What’s the matter with you?

Lulz,  Pretty sure it's sarcasm, but we know it matters to our Defense that the O does not go 3 and out on a consistent basis and lets the D catch their breath