2018 Hurricane Season

Lobwedgephil

28 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

This is the much bigger story-

Bend over there will be no lube

180913100908-hurricane-florence-typhoon-

yeah, i "weathered" jebi recently in tokyo. it was osme wind and rain, no big deal, but osaka and kansai in general got walloped. that thing was a baby compared to that monster. that's going to leave a wake of destruction. mercy.

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Isaacs spaghetti model still looks like something my 2 year old grandson would draw
(especially the lines through Florida and to the east)

storm_09_ens.gif

EEMN   "Cape Coral....psych!   

Sarasota....psych!   

Clearwater LOL! 

Jacksonville backdoor

Savanna gets a storm!

Tallahassee gets a storm!

Charleston gets another storm!  

I didn't forget about you Wilmington!"

Edited by Loco
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I'm a bit disappointed that Geico hasn't seized this opportunity to roll out some new commercials.

Speaking of that, fanboys on the Jeff P. reddit thread were mentioning that they flew in and are driving rental cars.  

And Jeff lost his personal cell phone, so he's somewhat down for the count as far as streaming.  I would have thought those guys have multiple phones.

Speaking of that, fanboys on the Jeff P. reddit thread were mentioning that they flew in and are driving rental cars.  
And Jeff lost his personal cell phone, so he's somewhat down for the count as far as streaming.  I would have thought those guys have multiple phones.
I noticed it looked like they had rentals. Even with the full rental insurance I wonder what would happen if they damage the cars driving around in a hurricane
Im surprised he only had that one phone. The signal was great when I was watching. I was wondering how they were doing that

10 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

How about trees in bodies, you finicky ingrate:

I hate to be "that guy." But if this is the same story I heard this evening on NPR, a mother and her 8-month-old baby were killed by a tree that fell on their house. The father, however, survived. 

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I hate to be "that guy." But if this is the same story I heard this evening on NPR, a mother and her 8-month-old baby were killed by a tree that fell on their house. The father, however, survived. 

Yeah he survived but he's got to be dead inside. Either he convinced her to stay and will blame himself for the death of her and the infant, or she convinced him to stay and he will still blame himself. Tragic. I can't imagine how I could put myself back together after that. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Yeah he survived but he's got to be dead inside. Either he convinced her to stay and will blame himself for the death of her and the infant, or she convinced him to stay and he will still blame himself. Tragic. I can't imagine how I could put myself back together after that. 

Yeah, I'd be an irreparably broken man. There'd be no coming back from that.

Edited by bolverk

A young wife and infant ?  and you wanna ride it out in the storm ?  What a mother fucking bad idea. I got all the sympathy in the world for the guy, but that is simply a fucked up decision he and or she made.  You're in the path of a hurricane, and you stay instead of at least sending the wife and child away.  We had to almost drag the MIL, who lives in one of the lowest coastal area of Va. up here to Richmond Monday night. Had that storm made landfall more north, she would have been in the attic.

3 hours ago, Updawg said:

I noticed it looked like they had rentals. Even with the full rental insurance I wonder what would happen if they damage the cars driving around in a hurricane.

If you have something resembling decent car insurance you are covered on rentals.  Doesn't mean that underwriting won't review your policy when it's up for renewal and decide that someone who drives a rental car into a hurricane is an unacceptable risk.  On second thought, this might be the only circumstance where I would recommend that someone take out the insurance offered by the rental company.

19 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If you have something resembling decent car insurance you are covered on rentals.  Doesn't mean that underwriting won't review your policy when it's up for renewal and decide that someone who drives a rental car into a hurricane is an unacceptable risk.  On second thought, this might be the only circumstance where I would recommend that someone take out the insurance offered by the rental company.

And the rental company is moronic to offer it, if they do.  I've worked for a few insurance companies, and there are normally restrictions on binding coverage when there is a threatening natural disaster.

19 hours ago, elfenix said:

Flo crosses the 30" line. Texas just laughs.

That's a shit-ton of water in 48 hours.  It took longer for Harvey to get done dumping on us.

None of us will likely ever see a storm like Harvey again.  It's like saying a 50 point game in the NBA ain't shit because Wilt scored a hunnert before.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, JimmyHoffa said:

Also love these-

The Weather Channel's excuse is just as bad as the video above:

The Weather Channel acknowledged the authenticity of the clip and rationalized Seidel’s reporting by offering the statement that “It’s important to note that the two individuals in the background are walking on concrete, and Mike Seidel is trying to maintain his footing on wet grass, after reporting on-air until 1:00 a.m. ET this morning and is undoubtedly exhausted.”

1 minute ago, JimmyHoffa said:

The Weather Channel's excuse is just as bad as the video above:

The Weather Channel acknowledged the authenticity of the clip and rationalized Seidel’s reporting by offering the statement that “It’s important to note that the two individuals in the background are walking on concrete, and Mike Seidel is trying to maintain his footing on wet grass, after reporting on-air until 1:00 a.m. ET this morning and is undoubtedly exhausted.”

Hole-lee fuck !! That's their rebuttal ?  I hate those fuckers for the fear mongering, wishing death and destruction ghouls they are.  Yeah walking on concrete in an upright and completely casual way, not being blown about like they're atop the summit of Everest in a white out blizzard...

• Like 1