Fire Derek Wareheim

ztejas

Getting real tired of his shit. Supposed to be the TE coach but I almost always only see one or zero TE sets.

If you can't get two TEs on the field, if not three, as a TE coach, I just plain and simple don't want you on the staff.

T shirts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

I thought Beck had a pretty good game, no?

From the cheap seats, we don't really know how much of the improved OL of late is due to the arrival of Coach Hand, and how much can be attributed to the last regime's S&C program, the available personnel, etc.  Hell, the Wickline situation after Strong arrived sounded downright toxic, and those effects can last a few years.  The big uglies really need some time to develop, both physically & even just mentally to gel as a unit - the true freshman that can contribute is pretty rare (hello, Sam Cosmi!)

Things are finally coming together on what's been our weakest unit for maybe the last decade.  I vote don't rock the boat.  If Warehime isn't pulling his weight, Coach Herman (and even the players) know and can do something about it at the right time - the offseason!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

That said, Derek Warehime is our worst position coach by far. I think our TE play looks better because Andrew Beck is better than a freshman Cade Brewer and whoever else we threw out there last year.

I think Mehringer is worse, he just has a talented group that was already here when he got here.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ztejas said:

Getting real tired of his shit. Supposed to be the TE coach but I almost always only see one or zero TE sets.

If you can't get two TEs on the field, if not three, as a TE coach, I just plain and simple don't want you on the staff.

T shirts?

hold on a second.  you are the fastest to pile on when someone goes negative on any other topic, so what gives here?  pot kettle big Z.

16 hours ago, hannibalhorn said:

I thought Beck had a pretty good game, no?

From the cheap seats, we don't really know how much of the improved OL of late is due to the arrival of Coach Hand, and how much can be attributed to the last regime's S&C program, the available personnel, etc.  Hell, the Wickline situation after Strong arrived sounded downright toxic, and those effects can last a few years.  The big uglies really need some time to develop, both physically & even just mentally to gel as a unit - the true freshman that can contribute is pretty rare (hello, Sam Cosmi!) 

Things are finally coming together on what's been our weakest unit for maybe the last decade.  I vote don't rock the boat.  If Warehime isn't pulling his weight, Coach Herman (and even the players) know and can do something about it at the right time - the offseason!

Cosmi's a redshirt fyi

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Wareheim just needs to get his guys in there. Jeff Traylor left the cupboard bare.

Agreed. Wareheim's always been an xs and os guy - not really a player's coach. He needs the right players for his system. 

• 3 years later...