Surly Tailgate

immamac

15th and Colorado look for the shiner pop ups and a bar with Republic tequila signage. It’s in the NW corner of the DPS lot. We have 20 cases of shiner beer for each game and a couple cases of republic Tequila/mixers. We just ask that people put some money in the tip jar for food and supplies costs. There will be TVs and limited seating. BYO camp chair is advised. Ask for Robby, Ernie, or Matt. I believe fajitas is on the menu for this game. If you plan on bringing something extra let me know ahead of time so we can bring extra warming trays and fuel cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15th and Colorado look for the shiner pop ups and a bar with Republic tequila signage. It’s in the NW corner of the DPS lot. We have 20 cases of shiner beer for each game and a couple cases of republic Tequila/mixers. We just ask that people put some money in the tip jar for food and supplies costs. There will be TVs and limited seating. BYO camp chair is advised. Ask for Robby, Ernie, or Matt. I believe fajitas is on the menu for this game. If you plan on bringing something extra let me know ahead of time so we can bring extra warming trays and fuel cans.

We also have some Republic Whiskey and Cafe Del Fuego liqueur.

*not an ad. Just listing what we have. If I need to omit brands please make that edit for me mods.

1 hour ago, 4th_and_18 said:

Appreciate the offer @4th_and_18, but do you not think ~50 assholes descending on this tailgate would be an issue? Between lurkers and members I think turnout will be somewhere around there.

3 hours ago, 4th_and_18 said:

@4th_and_18 I'm in the lot with you guys. I'm pretty sure that I've met you.

@immamac 4th_and_18 has a good setup and I'm sure that he can handle the crowd. I've already got 2 sponsors this game that are bringing 300 people between them plus my normal crowd, so I'd prefer not to add 50 more to that. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal.

Edited by luke duke

Off topic but anyone know why they have a fence around the lot at 18th and San Jac now?  Are they about to build something on that lot?  We use to tailgate there for like 10 plus years, piss creek trail was always a good laugh for the guy why fell trying to go down to pee.  Also the removed sign stump everyone tripped on before and after games.

And so it begins...
I assume there will not be room to bring a smoker, so should I smoke a few briskets and or pork shoulders to bring and put on the burners next to fajitas?

Let me find out if they will have the smoker there. I think the answer is no. There is plenty of room for more warmers though.

I should point out that I won’t make it to that tailgate, but I’ve already talked to the guys who will and they’re happy to have you. We pick up another 20 cases of shiner next week and there’s plenty of tequila and whiskey. They also always have plenty of coconut rum for the ladies.

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Was that you that told me about that a long time ago? I've been preaching the BL = Cucumber water sermon all over the place now for years and changing lives for the better. 

Not sure and I picked it up way back about the same time.  Havent touched it by choice since. 

18 hours ago, immamac said:

Appreciate the offer @4th_and_18, but do you not think ~50 assholes descending on this tailgate would be an issue? Between lurkers and members I think turnout will be somewhere around there.

Did we ever get an roundabout head count for the Alamo Bowl tailgate? It seems like we got more than 50 at one point.