Mail bombs CR thread

Zavala

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

OK, I had a chance to think about these bombs overnight.  We are up to 12.  None exploded.  They have a huge timer taped in them with Ger Er Dun ISIS flag on them.  Read a story last night one was full of sulphur.  Why would you tape a huge clock timer on a mail bomb?  You dont know the time someone is getting a package.  You'd do that if you wanted someone to know it is a bomb you'd see on TV.  I am starting to believe these were sent out to scare and not harm.  Kinda like the ricin scare.

You may be right that these were never intended to go off. But, there is a critical difference between these and the ricin package: these are actual explosives that are filled with shrapnel. If ignited, they will do damage. There is literally nothing that could have been done with the not-a-ricin package because it wasn't ricin. And was solved in a day. They simply are not comparable events. 

Also, I think you are confused about the purpose of the timer. You can see in pictures that the bombs themselves have some sort of wire running inside the package. The most likely reason the timers exist is to create a delay in the completion of the circuit attached to the detonators. The actual trigger appears to be tied to removing the bombs from the packaging. 

So, two possibilities:

(1) the bombs were never meant to go off, but to scare folks;

(2) the bombs were meant to go off, but the bomber screwed up the trigger. Either it isn't sensitive enough and essentially requires the bomb to be completely removed, which no one was going to do. Or, it simply doesn't work because the bomber doesn't know how to properly set it up. 

The problem with the first theory is that it would be much simpler and cheaper to send completely fake bombs rather than sending functional bombs with a false trigger. At any rate, none of this matters because you've already decided a narrative that fits your preconceived notions. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

This is what I don’t get. NPR goes out of its way to not opine about news reports. Their editorial segments are well defined, a tiny portion of air time, and do not pretend to be a news report. For fucks sake, when Huckabee was someone a decade ago, he was always on there. He probably had more NPR airtime than any politico.

I guess the fact that NPR spends a significant portion of their time covering the arts, education, and society makes it an evil liberal outlet since no conservative Christian would give a shit about those topics.

I mean, that's exactly what NPR/PBS are. Fact reporting organizations. And literally the only ones we have left.

Anyone who thinks that they are biased is being symbolic of their struggle against reality.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

You may be right that these were never intended to go off. But, there is a critical difference between these and the ricin package: these are actual explosives that are filled with shrapnel. If ignited, they will do damage. There is literally nothing that could have been done with the not-a-ricin package because it wasn't ricin. And was solved in a day. They simply are not comparable events. 

Also, I think you are confused about the purpose of the timer. You can see in pictures that the bombs themselves have some sort of wire running inside the package. The most likely reason the timers exist is to create a delay in the completion of the circuit attached to the detonators. The actual trigger appears to be tied to removing the bombs from the packaging. 

So, two possibilities:

(1) the bombs were never meant to go off, but to scare folks;

(2) the bombs were meant to go off, but the bomber screwed up the trigger. Either it isn't sensitive enough and essentially requires the bomb to be completely removed, which no one was going to do. Or, it simply doesn't work because the bomber doesn't know how to properly set it up. 

The problem with the first theory is that it would be much simpler and cheaper to send completely fake bombs rather than sending functional bombs with a false trigger. At any rate, none of this matters because you've already decided a narrative that fits your preconceived notions. 

(1) and (2) are both terrorism regardless.

You’re right - it sucks being painted with a broad brush because of something the worst amongst you did.

There’s always a cry for “good Muslims” do reign in the bad guys. Or “good blacks”. You good old white dudes need to get a handle on your bad apples!

This really was kind of inevitable after two years of Trump.

0ea8cd5045b82864589c2abc99d56f0f.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

FBI just arrested someone photo was just released.  I mean she was stupid enough to put her return address on it.  She does look like a Male in Florida in his 50s.debbie-wasserman-schultz-lunatic.jpg

Shitposts like this are why you're getting lumped in with the trumpkin crowd btw. You may be joking, but there's posters on this board that don't think you are, because people are genuinely out there postulating that a woman mailed a bomb to herself or put her own name in the return address space.

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Of course. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. 

I know. I'm just saying, there's a disingenuous argument that because they didn't go off or possibly couldn't go off, it wasn't terrorism or some shit.

24 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

FBI just arrested someone photo was just released.  I mean she was stupid enough to put her return address on it.  She does look like a Male in Florida in his 50s.debbie-wasserman-schultz-lunatic.jpg

Hilarious! Ridicule an unattractive picture of woman. You're alright, man. All that college work on political science developed a fantastic mind for political discourse and rapier wit.

"Hey man, she's so ugly nobody would rapier!"

GTFO

• Like 2

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

+1 Magabomber

Too easy for the Trumpers to minimize the importance if it was tied to Qanon. 

They're going to minimize regardless. A week from now, 40% of the country will believe that this was false flag, dem operative, or innocently framed guy. All part of Dem conspiracy to take out dear leader. The remainder of the GOP who are not insane, won't back those theories, but will flood the internet with "but Holder!" "but Obama" and "but Kathy Griffin!" 

30 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Fuck that shit.  It's old, white, Republicans.  Don't drag my ass into this.

When are you going to stand up against extremism among your ranks?  The only solution I see is deporting all old white men until we can figure out how to vet them properly.  Just a pause while we work it out, you know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirk X West said:

The texags thread for this is brilliant: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2992218/1

It's like reading through an aggy game thread where they take an early lead but then go on to get blown out. 

Was just about to link over there. It's hilarious, first page is them all convinced that it was gonna be a antifa/muslim because there were no descriptors other than "man in his 50's."

Then the van pics show up and it changes to "Lol, how obvious. Deep State Clinton Cabal found their patsy!"

• Like 1

Just now, Foosters said:

They're going to minimize regardless. A week from now, 40% of the country will believe that this was false flag, dem operative, or innocently framed guy. All part of Dem conspiracy to take out dear leader. The remainder of the GOP who are not insane, won't back those theories, but will flood the internet with "but Holder!" "but Obama" and "but Kathy Griffin!" 

Have you seen the guy's van?  This is going to get the "mental illness" lip service treatment.  Like all white male nutjobs, he will undoubtedly be considered an individual.