Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

A lot of the exchanges on this particular sub are just posters playing out imaginary dialogues with their broken brained genetic relations instead of actually digging in on the points being made in a substantive way. 

Drapery.

In May of this year, Dan Bishop, (R) NC, took a stab at shedding light on left wing violence in the Homeland Security Subcommittee on Oversight. Here are his instances of left wing violence:

A collegiate swimmer who was critical about the state of woman’s sports was barricaded in a room for several hours to escape angry pushback and the disruption of a speech by a nut bar judge at Stanford. Oh yeah, and the BLM protests. And the Atlanta protest of a police training center where cops murdered a protestor and then tried to frame the dead dude to excuse their actions.

https://homeland.house.gov/2023/05/16/subcommittee-chair-bishop-its-past-time-we-recognize-left-wing-violence-for-what-it-is/

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

17 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I see an overlap with the fact that conservatives report being happier. People who have a simple worldview and see things in black-and-white are happier. Lots of studies have shown that people who view things in black and white are happier. They do not have to worry about nuance and complexity, because those two things are worrisome.

17 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I think that there is certainly something to that. You can posture it in different ways, but there is something to having a worldview with some stable notions, versus the confusion inherent to a post-modern relativism, and the related pathologies that express. 

y'all both used a lot of words to say 'ignorance is bliss' which is absolutely, unequivocally true. i seriously often wish i was stupid and/or just not so into that critical thinking shit. a simpleton, but no doubt i'd be 'happier'. 🙄

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, FartingDreamer said:

FIFY

True Christianity is a foreign concept compared to the hypocrisy they practice. 

Ah yes, nothing at all like the True Christianity of covering up sexual abuse, hiding and hoarding financial assets, maintaining an anti-LGBQ college campus, systematic sexual discrimination, insulting the faith of others through "baptism of the dead", harassing former members, or a long and sordid history of polygamy and racism. All of that is the good stuff.

Glad you're hear to make sure we know what True Christianity is.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

51 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Ah yes, nothing at all like the True Christianity of covering up sexual abuse, hiding and hoarding financial assets, maintaining an anti-LGBQ college campus, systematic sexual discrimination, insulting the faith of others through "baptism of the dead", harassing former members, or a long and sordid history of polygamy and racism. All of that is the good stuff.

Glad you're hear to make sure we know what True Christianity is.

You know there are 10s of millions of Christians not only not committing those acts, but actively putting food in people’s bellies, clothes on their backs, roofs over their heads, visiting them in their sick rooms and on their deathbeds, comforting the grieving, correct? And not doing these things in a showy or public fashion.  And doing it regardless of the political stance, religious beliefs (or nonbeliefs), race, gender, or sexual orientation of the people in need. Some of those doing so are posters on this forum who share your political views 

So kindly fuck off with that bullshit. In Jesus name. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You know there are 10s of millions of Christians not only not committing those acts, but actively putting food in people’s bellies, clothes on their backs, roofs over their heads, visiting them in their sick rooms and on their deathbeds, comforting the grieving, correct? And not doing these things in a showy or public fashion.  And doing it regardless of the political stance, religious beliefs (or nonbeliefs), race, gender, or sexual orientation of the people in need. Some of those doing so are posters on this forum who share your political views

They are also demonstrably happier and more fulfilled people than their non religious counterparts. :)  

Relax guys. It’s just science. Have fun with it. 

Edited by Anastasis

42 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

These criticisms all referred specifically to the Mormon church, not Christianity writ large. I very much agree that not all Christians are bad. I do find it a bit gauling when a Mormon steps in to say "hey those bad people aren't real Christians. We're all good". They are not good. If needed I'll go fuck off now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

47 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Cool.  They both come at me wearing crosses.  How am I supposed to distinguish between the ones who want to feed us vs. the ones who want to subject my gay family members to brutal conversion therapy?

I am and have been quite involved in Christian faith communities and efforts for a long time.  Still am, actually.  But I gotta tell ya....I fucking loathe "Christians."  The American brand is unquestionably more devoted to hate, cruelty, lies, fraud, and suffering than it is with, you know, the GOSPEL.  American Christianity is dying.  And the cause of death will absolutely be suicide.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

53 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Joe Paterno was a pretty good coach.  Sure he wasn't perfect, but hey, Penn State won a lot of football games with him.   

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool.  They both come at me wearing crosses.  How am I supposed to distinguish between the ones who want to feed us vs. the ones who want to subject my gay family members to brutal conversion therapy?

I am and have been quite involved in Christian faith communities and efforts for a long time.  Still am, actually.  But I gotta tell ya....I fucking loathe "Christians."  The American brand is unquestionably more devoted to hate, cruelty, lies, fraud, and suffering than it is with, you know, the GOSPEL.  American Christianity is dying.  And the cause of death will absolutely be suicide.

You will know them by their fruits. But you already know this

26 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

These criticisms all referred specifically to the Mormon church, not Christianity writ large

Oh I think those are fair criticisms for Christianity writ large as well. But I would caution against writing off all Christians (or Mormons) as a whole based on the vile acts of some. Same with any group. Except the Dutch 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I guess you think the majority of college fb coaches harbor serial pedophiles

I think the majority of Penn State fans demonstrated that they're okay with it.  And the majority of Nebraska fans were just fine having a serial woman abuser playing for them.  And a majority of OU fans were super cool with having criminals play for them.  And on and on and on.  This analogy isn't going to turn out well.

American Christians have a pretty shittastic tradition, all things considered ("Christian" beliefs and preaching were some of the cornerstone arguments in support of slavery, anti-miscegenation laws, Jim Crow, denying women the right to vote, etc. etc.).  Now that enough Americans are educated just enough to see the shitbaggery.....they're doing what any decent person would do...

disgusted-appalled.gif

But no worries.  The people who wear the label the proudest are carrying the banner of American Christian Shitbaggery proudly through this 21st century.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I think the majority of Penn State fans demonstrated that they're okay with it.  And the majority of Nebraska fans were just fine having a serial woman abuser playing for them.  And a majority of OU fans were super cool with having criminals play for them.  And on and on and on.  This analogy isn't going to turn out well.

Do they teach the opposite of logic in law school?  Whether any particular fan base is or isn’t “ok” with any behavior has nothing to do with whether the majority of major college fb coaches are pedophile enablers, spouse abusers, or recruiters of criminals 

• Haha 1

If you're one of the ~Good Ones and you start to feel like you need to point out #NotAllChristians, just mentally tell yourself "they're not talking about me, they mean the most visible and amplified percentage of Christians actively trying to subject the country to religious fascism and the others that just go along with things" to get past the hurdle of expecting the oppressed to express that for your feelings.

Jesus fucking Christ.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

My opinion is that Jesus Christ’ teachings are incompatible with Trump’s rhetoric, actions, and public policy positions. Moreover, he inspires terroristic actions not unlike ISIS clerics we used to vaporize. Maybe a little mob boss mixed in.

some enlightening results that exposes the hypocrisy. Of course there are some exceptions:

6884db3ff77c171225cc6d236ec7ca6c.jpg

For the Ute Mormans, they disliked Trump early on for being morally repugnant but have gradually rallied around him.

From my own experience in the Catholic church, I find the prosperous parishes filled with white people to be hyper-focused on abortion. Even using the homily to spike the ball after Roe v Wade was reversed. And the bishops love them some life except when it comes to capital punishment, police brutality and wars of aggression.

The less prosperous parishes with more diversity are more into helping the community. You tend to see more nuns, because they bust their asses and are on the frontlines of poverty, unwed mothers, and homeless.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

These criticisms all referred specifically to the Mormon church, not Christianity writ large. I very much agree that not all Christians are bad. I do find it a bit gauling when a Mormon steps in to say "hey those bad people aren't real Christians. We're all good". They are not good. If needed I'll go fuck off now.

I'll reserve sharing my thoughts on mormon theology, cause no one really cares. But I can say something. I have had a very limited exposure to mormons, but the ones that I have had more than superficial interactions with are seriously at the top list of best human beings that I have ever known. Still heretics, but good humans, at least in my experience. Your mileage may vary. I have heard some bad experiences from non-mormons that lived in utah, but thats a step removed from my direct experience. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I see an overlap with the fact that conservatives report being happier. People who have a simple worldview and see things in black-and-white are happier. Lots of studies have shown that people who view things in black and white are happier. They do not have to worry about nuance and complexity, because those two things are worrisome.

"Life is simple for those not cursed with self-awareness." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

You didn't back up  yours with links, so I'll believe him.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mchookem said:

y'all both used a lot of words to say 'ignorance is bliss' which is absolutely, unequivocally true.

If we are going to insist on trying to distill it down to one psychological construct, I am going with locus of control. Conservative tend to have an internal LOC, liberals an external LOC. The correlates with happiness and wellbeing should be obvious. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Do they teach the opposite of logic in law school?  Whether any particular fan base is or isn’t “ok” with any behavior has nothing to do with whether the majority of major college fb coaches are pedophile enablers, spouse abusers, or recruiters of criminals 

I mean, if we were going to guess professions that have the most child molesters, I’d probably put CFB coaches just under Catholic priests and cops.

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If we are going to insist on trying to distill it down to one psychological construct, I am going with locus of control. Conservative tend to have an internal LOC, liberals an external LOC. The correlates with happiness and wellbeing should be obvious. 

This is very funny given conservatives’ constant need to control others.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/10/2023 at 8:02 PM, Gatorubet said:

I fail to see the distinction. Trump once had to wait almost 15 minutes to get a Diet Coke.  So he legit had a cross to bear as well. 

EE137673-779A-4C0E-A102-F9C4D92EDA58.gif.c0d0f5d2ad7c93168069f3769afc4ccd.gif

Jesus walked on water in the Sea of Galilee to calm his disciples and trump parted a sea of people with tear gas to walk across a park for a picture.

4 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

American Christians have a pretty shittastic tradition, all things considered ("Christian" beliefs and preaching were some of the cornerstone arguments in support of slavery, anti-miscegenation laws, Jim Crow, denying women the right to vote, etc. etc.).  Now that enough Americans are educated just enough to see the shitbaggery.....they're doing what any decent person would do...

disgusted-appalled.gif

But no worries.  The people who wear the label the proudest are carrying the banner of American Christian Shitbaggery proudly through this 21st century.

Y'all forgot Baylor

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

You really took a leap on my last post and either missed the point or decided to not get it.  So let me include a quote and ask you what you think about this.

“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering."  

19 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

You know there are 10s of millions of people actively putting food in people’s bellies, clothes on their backs, roofs over their heads, visiting them in their sick rooms and on their deathbeds, comforting the grieving, correct? And not doing these things in a showy or public fashion, or needing a magical being to do them or using these acts to promote a magical being.  And doing it regardless of the political stance, religious beliefs (or nonbeliefs), race, gender, or sexual orientation of the people in need. Some of those doing so are posters on this forum who share your political views 

So kindly fuck off with your bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

34 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You know there are 10s of millions of people actively putting food in people’s bellies, clothes on their backs, roofs over their heads, visiting them in their sick rooms and on their deathbeds, comforting the grieving, correct? And not doing these things in a showy or public fashion, or needing a magical being to do them or using these acts to promote a magical being.  And doing it regardless of the political stance, religious beliefs (or nonbeliefs), race, gender, or sexual orientation of the people in need. Some of those doing so are posters on this forum who share your political views 

So kindly fuck off with your bullshit. 

Good for them (and all the people they help)! I don’t recall anyone grouping them in with pedophiles etc on this thread. If I see it I’ll be sure to speak up as well

• Like 1

Is it a public interest to examine the correlation of conservatives' self-reported levels of happiness and Americans' safety and security? Would deliberately decreasing conservatives self-reported levels of life satisfaction, in and of itself with little regard for any practical reason, be in America's self interest? 

Deep thinkers need to ponder!

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Been out of loop as day or two. Not sure if posted.

They don't even hide it anymore - party of small government/protect the Constitution and all.

https://www.kansas.com/opinion/editorials/article278199777.html

Marion city police and the Marion County sheriff’s office did something on Friday that no government agency in America has any right to do. They shut down a newspaper.

Those agencies raided the offices of the Marion County Record and the home of its owners, Eric Meyer and his mother, Joan. Police seized company-owned and personal computers and cell phones, and photographed personal documents on tables in the Meyer home.

The police action, involving at least four city officers and two sheriff’s deputies, also seized similar equipment and materials from the city’s vice mayor, Ruth Herbel.

Marion Police Chief Gideon Cody (more about him later) reinjured a dislocated finger of Record reporter Deb Gruver — a former Wichita Eagle reporter — when he personally snatched her cellphone from her hand during the raid.

The ransacking and seizures, which include the Record’s file server, directly threaten the ability of the Record to publish. The computer equipment seized contained the stories and ads that were scheduled for next week’s paper.

We could express our outrage at what is happening here. But we probably couldn’t say it any better than the 98-year-old Joan Meyer, a newspaperwoman since 1953: “These are Hitler tactics and something has to be done.”

It turned out to be one of the last things she ever said. Mrs. Meyer complained of feeling upset and stressed by the invasion of her home when she spoke to us on Friday. Late Saturday, we received the sad news that she had collapsed at home and passed away

According to a search warrant signed by Marion County Magistrate Laura Viar, the raid is related to an ongoing dispute between the paper and local restaurateur Kari Newell. Newell has been seeking city approval of an application for a liquor license.

But records sent to the paper and Herbel by a confidential source indicated that she should be ineligible because she does not have a valid driver’s license due to a 2008 drunk-driving conviction and other violations. The paper checked those records through a publicly available website, but opted not to publish a story.

From the warrant, the crux of the police investigation seems to be whether the paper and its reporters committed identity theft and/or unlawful acts concerning computers in confirming Newell’s driving records. An affidavit justifying the warrant is being withheld by County Attorney Joel Ensey, whose brother owns the hotel where Newell has her restaurant.

The ordinary and proper way to pursue such a complaint would have been to subpoena the paper’s communications and records regarding Newell and let the courts decide what, if anything, the Record had to turn over.

There could very well be more sinister motives in play here, involving the police chief himself. Cody was hired by Marion in April, after taking an early retirement from the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department, where he was a captain.

According to Eric Meyer, the Record has been actively investigating the circumstances surrounding Cody’s departure from the KCMO department. Friday’s raid gives Cody and his subordinates access to reporters’ notes and materials from confidential sources who were interviewed as part of the newspaper’s investigation

They did that in a small town.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

Lol. They raided the Weekly Shopper and killed a grandma so some dumb bitch could get a liquor license for her shitty little cafe. I’m assuming a federal lawsuit against the city, police chief, and magistrate? Discovery should be fun. 

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They don't even hide it anymore - party of small government/protect the Constitution and all.

https://www.kansas.com/opinion/editorials/article278199777.html

They did that in a small town.

From the source linked in that article:

“The raid followed news stories about a restaurant owner who kicked reporters out of a meeting last week with U.S. Rep. Jake LaTurner, and revelations about the restaurant owner’s lack of a driver’s license and conviction for drunken driving.”

U.S. Rep. Jake LaTurner. Someone should contact his office and see if he has a comment about this assault upon the First Amendment. 

IMG_7917.thumb.png.70ceb0563a4a9aa8f7935a408c0a0440.png