Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Not really, just curious you'd ask such an easily google-able question about some random manufacturer.  While we're asking easily google-able questions, how is common sense gun reform legislation coming along? 

good question.  In a few months, you will begin to see local gun shop owners report increased sales in a few key cities.  Mainly where there'll be Republican POTUS debates, where Donald Trump will have court dates (Atlanta/DC/Miami/NYC), and the first few primary states.  Because low-information voters will be informed through disinformation that Antifa/BLM/team DeSantis/et. al. will be on site and heavily armed.  So MAGA will start getting armed to the teeth (Moreso than now).  In places with open carry permission, they will mistake one another for opposition because they will be told that the "other side" will also be wearing MAGA/Trump gear and open carrying.  Plus you got law enforcement on site.  If it happens correctly, one could probably expect a few dozen, if not a few hundred deaths by themselves and/or police over the course of a few months.  The only variable to still control is no bystander fire.  But I think we can get that done with the right logistics.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Not really, just curious you'd ask such an easily google-able question about some random manufacturer.  While we're asking easily google-able questions, how is common sense gun reform legislation coming along? 

Got to wait for the selfish, gun fetishist pricks like you to die off or have a bit of sense in how you vote. 

41 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

raw

A great example is "trickle-down" economics, which was an economic hypothesis/theory (using both the accurate term and the vernacular).  There are three types of people now when it comes to trickle-down economics:

1 -- people who always thought it wouldn't work

2 -- people who thought the hypothesis was a good one, but now see after giving it multiple test runs, nope, it doesn't work

3 -- people who maintain that trickle-down economics is a good theory and practice, either because they are incapable of accepting that their hypothesis was wrong, or they are incapable of accepting evidence, or they're just utter dickbags for whom "trickle-down" was always a smokescreen for their true value system of "fuck everyone but the rich"

Congratulations if you are in group 1.  And congratulations if you are in group 2 (like me, and plenty of others on this board), you at least maintained intellectual honestly and reacted when the evidence disproved the hypothesis.

But in MAGA America, we are dealing almost entirely with group 3 now.  American political "thinking" has become hyper-distilled.  There's been MORE than enough opportunity to grasp the failings, or sinister underpinnings, or flat-out bullshittery of "conservative thought" that is now the entirety of the GQP's "platform."  I'm not saying that no Trump voters could ever be reformed; some were, when confronted with the mounting evidence of what Trumpism ACTUALLY is and stands for.  But we're well past the time when you need MORE evidence to figure it out.  At this point, if you're still in on MAGA, you're either a moron, a piece of shit, or both.  So fuck 'em.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 4

The logical view is that if corporations pay less taxes, then they can use that capital to innovate, create more products, thus creating more jobs, which helps everyone. This ignores the reality. That owners of the corporations will pocket that money, do stock buybacks increasing their wealth. No new innovations or job creation. A corporate tax cut is just a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the upper class. But it’s an easy sell because most people are idiots and buy the initial line. Not to mention everyone has already been convinced all taxes are bad. 

• Hook 'Em 6

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The logical view is that if corporations pay less taxes, then they can use that capital to innovate, create more products, thus creating more jobs, which helps everyone. This ignores the reality. That owners of the corporations will pocket that money, do stock buybacks increasing their wealth. No new innovations or job creation. A corporate tax cut is just a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the upper class. But it’s an easy sell because most people are idiots and buy the initial line. Not to mention everyone has already been convinced all taxes are bad. 

Don't forget the part where Joe Welder votes against his own best interests, because . . . someday he'll be wealthy?

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I've never understood their argument at all, even if taken at face value.  They say let's cut their taxes.  Thus their last marginal dollars go untaxed and they will be able to invest that in capital improvements or pay additional people to come on board.  But... they've always been able to do that.  Need to buy a new widget for your factory?  Expense it.  Now the whatever $ you spent on it becomes "untaxed".  There has never been a tax burden to investment in business expansion.

What can't a businessman do in the current tax system that the tax cuts allow?  Pocketing the money.  Who could have guessed that this is what would have happened?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Congratulations if you are in group 1.  And congratulations if you are in group 2 (like me, and plenty of others on this board), you at least maintained intellectual honestly and reacted when the evidence disproved the hypothesis.

Congratulations to everyone who got an A on the test! Also, equal congratulations to those who flunked the test but who now know the correct answers after reading the answer key!

Just fucking with you. I’m glad you finally woke up. But let’s not kid ourselves: trickle down was always obvious bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Congratulations to everyone who got an A on the test! Also, equal congratulations to those who flunked the test but who now know the correct answers after reading the answer key!

Just fucking with you. I’m glad you finally woke up. But let’s not kid ourselves: trickle down was always obvious bullshit. 

Maybe.  But I've fallen for bullshit before (as have you, I guarantee it).

I thought that Ryan Leaf was a smarter draft pick than Peyton Manning.

I thought that Charlie Strong could win at Texas.

Everyone falls for bullshit at some point or another.

But only idiots or assholes insist that bullshit is delicious after taking a big honking bite of it.  And that's where MAGA comes in.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But only idiots or assholes insist that bullshit is delicious after taking a big honking bite of it.  And that's where MAGA comes in.

This is where the catsup on the well-done steak thing begins to make sense, MAGA wise. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Sorry, editing got cutoff.

To continue your analogy, people who still support MAGA/the the GQP are people who got the answer key, it tells them that actually, 5+5 is 10, and they continue to insist that the answer is "Hunter Biden's laptop."

On 6/17/2023 at 5:23 PM, bolverk said:

We got lucky on this one.

Feds: Michigan teen with ammunition, guns and Nazi flag planned antisemitic mass shooting

DETROIT — A Michigan teen with antisemitic views and a desire to mimic past mass shootings had a plan to kill and might have been targeting a synagogue, federal officials said.

Seann Patrick Pietila, 19, was arrested Friday and charged with transmitting a communication containing a threat to injure another, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

A search of Pietila's home turned up ammunition, magazines, a shotgun, a rifle, a pistol, knives and other firearm accessories, along with a Nazi flag, gas masks and military manuals, officials said.

Note found with date, list of equipment
Authorities said they found a note in Pietila's phone with the name of an East Lansing synagogue, the date March 15, 2024, and a list of equipment.

"Equipment: hand-made pipe bombs, molotovs, Two Stag-15s, 12 guage shotgun and two back up Glock 18s AND a Akm full auto conversion," the note reads, according to officials.

Pietila "evinced a neo-Nazi ideology, antisemitism, glorification of past mass shooters, and a desire and intent to mimic past mass shooters or mass casualty events," U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Michigan Mark Totten said in a news release.

Federal officials said they found this note in Seann Pietila's phone. He was arrested Friday, June 16, 2023, and charged with making threats. Authorities said he was planning a mass shooting.

FBI received report of threats made on Instagram
In a court filing, an FBI agent said the agency received a report of threatening online communications on Instagram on Tuesday. Meta, the company that owns Instagram and Facebook, provided agents with messages sent by an account investigators found was Pietila's.

Agents found social media messages from Pietila and learned that he attended Lansing's Eastern High School during the 2020-21 school year, according the agent's filing.

Pietila was detained when the FBI executed a search warrant at his home on Friday, according to the court filing.

He told investigators he had moved to Pickford, Michigan, a week prior and previously lived with his mother in East Lansing, near the Michigan State University campus, the filing said. He indicated he was "most likely" in East Lansing when he communicated threats, according to the document.

FBI: Defendant discussed past mass shootings
Pietila admitted taking part in conversations about committing mass casualty incidents or mass killings but told investigators he did not intend to follow through with the mass killings he had discussed, the court filing said.

According to the filing, Pietila discussed with another Instagram user committing an attack modeled after the 2019 mass shooting at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Pietila also told investigators he planned to kill himself with a shotgun found in the home and acknowledged he wrote a suicide note found in his cellphone, the agent wrote in support of criminal charges.

Pietila made his first court appearance on Friday. A judge ordered that a public defender be appointed to represent him. A detention hearing was scheduled for June 22.

Photo of the fucker with a 2A cap on reading "GOD * GUNS"

Reveal hidden contents

Michigan man arrested for planning mass killing at synagogue - CBS News

Looks like somebody took notes on a criminal conspiracy.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Billionaires Oligarchs are a national security threat. We need more tax brackets along with confiscatory tax rates for the top takers.

Oligarchs. They may be billionaires, but they are more completely described as American oligarchs.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

My wife was driving home from her parents' house in Farmers Branch this afternoon and reported seeing a pickup driving around with a Confederate flag flying from the bed of the truck. On Juneteenth.

some people like to advertise they want their ass kicked

Reminds me of the A-hole who has a giant flagpole with a confederate flag flying on one of the major intersections near I-20 in Sweetwater, TX.  He's such an A-hole, you can see him from space...

image.png.4de9612d17cfcff3474becc1abe859fa.png

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Peter Hotez is a fucking global hero and one of the closest things we've got to a real life Mr. Rogers as a human being, and these freaks all want him dead. There will be no living peacefully with these people.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 10:30 AM, Brisketexan said:
A great example is "trickle-down" economics, which was an economic hypothesis/theory (using both the accurate term and the vernacular).  There are three types of people now when it comes to trickle-down economics:
1 -- people who always thought it wouldn't work
2 -- people who thought the hypothesis was a good one, but now see after giving it multiple test runs, nope, it doesn't work
3 -- people who maintain that trickle-down economics is a good theory and practice, either because they are incapable of accepting that their hypothesis was wrong, or they are incapable of accepting evidence, or they're just utter dickbags for whom "trickle-down" was always a smokescreen for their true value system of "fuck everyone but the rich"
But in MAGA America, we are dealing almost entirely with group 3 now.  American political "thinking" has become hyper-distilled.  There's been MORE than enough opportunity to grasp the failings, or sinister underpinnings, or flat-out bullshittery of "conservative thought" that is now the entirety of the GQP's "platform."  I'm not saying that no Trump voters could ever be reformed; some were, when confronted with the mounting evidence of what Trumpism ACTUALLY is and stands for.  But we're well past the time when you need MORE evidence to figure it out.  At this point, if you're still in on MAGA, you're either a moron, a piece of shit, or both.  So fuck 'em.

Trickle-down was always a silly notion aimed at swaying the gullible, not a serious hypothesis.  Basic economics classes in high school teach people that the steak vs. hamburger lesson, that simple graph blows up this idea.   But for the gullible, the rich don’t hire people just because they have money,  they hire people to get more money.  That is the incentive for hiring and that is phenomenon exists in all tax situations. 

Lastly, the silly idea ignores a fundamental aspect of economies that have existed for hundreds of years if not thousands, credit.

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 1

MAGA on MAGA violence

These people will bring the country together.

It was then that Mark DeYoung, chairman of the Clare County Republican Party, approached the door, saw someone flip him off through a small window, and opened it.

“He kicked me in my balls as soon as I opened the door,” Mr DeYoung said, adding that Mr Chapman ran at him and slammed him into a chair.

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/violent-brawl-breaks-out-at-michigan-gop-committee-meeting/ar-AA1dDepj?ocid=sapphireappshare

Detroit News is subscription only

Had to get this elsewhere.

In an interview with The Detroit News, James Chapman, a Republican from Wayne County, said he had travelled to Clare for the meeting but was forced to listen to it through a locked door.

Mr Chapman said he and others said the Pledge of Allegiance together in the lobby outside the meeting, after which he jiggled the doorknob of the meeting room.

It was then that Mark DeYoung, chairman of the Clare County Republican Party, approached the door, saw someone flip him off through a small window, and opened it.

“He kicked me in my balls as soon as I opened the door,” Mr DeYoung said, adding that Mr Chapman ran at him and slammed him into a chair.

Mr DeYoung gave his account to the outlet over the phone from an emergency room where he said he was being treated for a broken rib.

For his part, Mr Chapman alleges that Mr DeYoung had swung at him and said: “I’ll kick your ass.” Mr DeYoung denies this happened.

Continuing, Mr Chapman says he removed his glasses, took Mr DeYoung by the legs and knocked him down: “When you see me taking my glasses off, I’m ready to rock.”

Multiple police officers were at the scene after the scuffle and Mr DeYoung said he intended to press charges against Mr Chapman.

“We’re so divided,” Mr DeYoung said from the hospital. “I just wish we could come together.”

This is also not the first time internal tensions have erupted. The Washington Post reported in June: “At least four county parties in Michigan have been at open war with themselves, with members suing one another or putting forward competing slates that claim to be in charge. The night before an April state party meeting, two GOP officials got into a physical altercation in a hotel bar over an attempt to expel members.”

Other tension stems from criticism of Ms Karamo, who became the chairwoman in February, for not providing more information about fundraising and spending. The Post also reported that she has struggled to raise money and abandoned the party’s longtime headquarters.

Ms Karamo had recently removed Matt Johnson, the budget committee chairman, citing “dereliction of duty and several other grievances”.

Mr Johnson had said spending was “so far out of proportion with income as to put us on the path to bankruptcy”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/michigan-republican-party-fight-b2372077.html

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Covri said:

Yesterday these fucksticks showed up in Austin again. Anybody get a chance to throw rocks at them?

At least the heat is fucking with them.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Detroit News is subscription only

Had to get this elsewhere.

In an interview with The Detroit News, James Chapman, a Republican from Wayne County, said he had travelled to Clare for the meeting but was forced to listen to it through a locked door.

g at him and said: “I’ll kick your ass.” Mr DeYoung denies this happened.

Continuing, Mr Chapman says he removed his glasses, took Mr DeYoung by the legs and knocked him down: “When you see me taking my glasses off, I’m ready to rock.”

……

“We’re so divided,” Mr DeYoung said from the hospital. “I just wish we could come together.”

This is also not the first time internal tensions have erupted. The Washington Post reported in June: “At least four county parties in Michigan have been at open war with themselves, with members suing one another or putting forward competing slates that claim to be in charge. The night before an April state party meeting, two GOP officials got into a physical altercation in a hotel bar over an attempt to expel members.”

Would be a shame if someone spread rumors that Soros money is funding efforts to infiltrate GOP organizations and cause infighting and the wasting of their budgets,

On 7/5/2023 at 10:56 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Like they have a million dollars.

Busting up the Klan and Klan-Adjacent by taking everything they own is a proven tactic, but in this case I'd like to have seen Tarrio and his officers forced to work for free, hand-painting a new banner, and having to redo it if they fucked around until it passed inspection.

• Hook 'Em 1

Mr Chapman said he and others said the Pledge of Allegiance together in the lobby outside the meeting, after which he jiggled the doorknob of the meeting room.

Mr DeYoung gave his account to the outlet over the phone from an emergency room where he said he was being treated for a broken rib.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/violent-brawl-breaks-michigan-gop-153931501.html

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live