Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

If he were on my "team," I'd make it immediately and abundantly clear that I denounce him before making any other comment. I certainly wouldn't be trying to make sarcastic false equivalencies that make me seem like a blindly fanatical partisan.

But you do you. 

I haven;t read a single post on that thread I was just making a joke about left wingers beating themselves up,  and if that counts as violence.  Sorry for making a joke in your right wing violence party thread....

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I haven;t read a single post on that thread I was just making a joke about left wingers beating themselves up,  and if that counts as violence.  Sorry for making a joke in your right wing violence party thread....

I haven’t read what you posted but is this an example of the tried and true trump tactic of I said something really stupid or racist or sexist or whatever, but I was just joshin? 

30 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

February 2009

Marches and gatherings began the weekend after this rant.  Not even a month after Obama's inauguration.  

So 3 months after his election?

They were pissed about a bailout.  Not his election. And their protests were a hell of a lot more civil than the occupy Wall Street trash.  

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It’s a shame to see someone seemingly so successful exhibit such insecurity. It’s reminiscent of someone we discuss here often. I hope you can find true contentment in your life. 

Are you trolls serious with this shit? How dumb can y’all really be? Learn American English then come back here. 

My God y’all are dense. 

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Are you trolls serious with this shit? How dumb can y’all really be? Learn American English then come back here. 

My God y’all are dense. 

I couldn’t tell. Pretty sure you’ve mentioned Highland Park before. My apologies. 

Reaction to Trump and Obama are hardly worthy for comparison. Trump is decidedly of a totally different political paradigm from what we've seen in recent history. The fact that people even claim him as a conservative is still baffling to me. Just reference his gangster tactics with Carrier for his conservative bona fides.

Obama was a run of the mill, left leaning,  American politician in terms of his behavior and policy. Same can be said for Bush except on the opposite end of the political spectrum. The fact that the election of Trump caused a such reaction isn't indication of one side being over the top or unreasonable.  If there were a leftist version of Trump spouting the sort of nonsense in the manner he does I'd fully expect a reaction commensurate with what Trump has gotten. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that inner city gangs are rather apolitical. 

I’d say it’s more accurate to say that they’re highly political but with a few small differences:

-different political parties 

-more extreme taxtics

-different specific issues

-probably less corrupt

Republicans:. THE LIBRUL MEDIA IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIASED

CNN: Top Story - Gay black guy gets arrested for making up stupid shit. Second Place: White nationalist arrested for planning on killing pretty much everyone.

Fox News first five stories are about Smollett, 6-7 about Kamala Harris smoking seed, and finally at #8 we see the white guy terrorist.
  • Like 1

Fox News first five stories are about Smollett, 6-7 about Kamala Harris smoking seed, and finally at #8 we see the white guy terrorist.

And now it’s totally off the homepage, at least as long as I could stand to check. The top story? Zion Williamson’s shoe busting open during Duke/UNC...and it’s a doozy given it was a Nike shoe (supporters of Kaepernick), and Obama was there.

Second story...Democrats braving more time in the NYC winter to avoid getting coffee at Trump tower.

I give up.

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Really great thread about the convergence of military veterans and active duty and their involvement in right wing terrorism -

Get ready for more of this shit. I've been saying for a while the military worship in America is fucking weird. A lot of them are decent humans no different than most people. But a lot are also crazy shitbags who went into the military because they were too stupid to get a proper education or were too big of trouble makers where it was a last resort option or they'd end up in prison. 

Our veneration for war mongering and susceptibility to a jingoistic form of "patriotism" is troubling and needs to be addressed but no one ever talks about it. 

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Get ready for more of this shit. I've been saying for a while the military worship in America is fucking weird. A lot of them are decent humans no different than most people. But a lot are also crazy shitbags who went into the military because they were too stupid to get a proper education or were too big of trouble makers where it was a last resort option or they'd end up in prison. 

Our veneration for war mongering and susceptibility to a jingoistic form of "patriotism" is troubling and needs to be addressed but no one ever talks about it. 

This is a great point but I read it w/ Junior Miller's voice and now I'm annoyed b/c Junior Miller is an annoying fuck.  But I digress....

10 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I'm sure a lot of these "shitbags" are very glad they had an option with long hours, shit pay, and being like a child to bail them out!

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Really great thread about the convergence of military veterans and active duty and their involvement in right wing terrorism -

Can we talk about it?   Apparently not.  I remember when DHS tried to warn about this threat in 2009 and the GOP shouted them down for purely political reasons:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-domestic-terror-warning-angers-gop/

Edited by Mojo Hand

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

The military is the biggest jobs program in this country.

You know what's AWESOME?  Right wingers crowing and strutting and demanding accountability for Jussie (and there ain't much in the way of dissenting voices from "the left" -- pretty much everyone is in uniform agreement that a bullshit criminal complaint should face real-deal consequences)......but complete silence and zero action by right wingers with respect to ACTUAL election fraud by Mark Harris, testified to by his own son, with documentary proof to back it up. 

Mark Harris remains the GOP candidate for the Congressional seat.  The GOP still supports his efforts to have the election certified in his favor (even though they tell us that "election fraud" is one of the greatest threats we face, and we should go to the ends of the earth to attack it).  He is still a member in good standing of the party, the party still wants him to take office, and they are utterly silent as to his wrongdoing.

Interedasting indeed.  You know, for the folks on here who wanted to talk about double standards, here's your chance.  Mark Harris IS the modern GOP.  He's a baptist pastor....who is also a proven liar, and clearly a criminal.  Peak GOP.  So, have fun with your double standard gymnastics.

• Like 4

It is possible that our President is NOT a racist and merely embraces the hate of White Nationalists and Nazi's simply as a personal political calculation?  Or is he just a racist? Or is he just fine with folks planning to kill Democrats, like he is with Russian meddling?

Is it possible that the GOP as an elected body is NOT racist and is staying silent on the arrest of a potential mass murding MAGA domestic terrorist?  Or is it just that the GOP as an elected body knows that without strong support from racists, Nazi's, and sepf-proclaimed White Nationalists the GOP has no chance of winning elections? Is there another answer for the silence?

Please list other choices that I am not seeing here, if you disagree with the above observations.

Edited by horn4life

8 hours ago, horn4life said:

It is possible that our President is NOT a racist and merely embraces the hate of White Nationalists and Nazi's simply as a personal political calculation?  Or is he just a racist? Or is he just fine with folks planning to kill Democrats, like he is with Russian meddling?

He's a narcissistic snowflake who acts like a fucking child when people or the media don't say nice things about him.  White supremacists/nationalists and those types say nice things about him, and so they are good people.

He spends every weekend he can holed up at one of his resorts so he doesn't have to deal with poor people or anybody who might ask him tough questions.

It would be a whole lot easier to understand him (and it would make him predictable) if he was just a run-of-the-mill white supremacist/nationalist type.

But he's an emo kid who latches on to whoever says something nice to or about him.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 9:57 AM, Junior Miller said:

I've been saying for a while the military worship in America is fucking weird. A lot of them are decent humans no different than most people. But a lot are also crazy shitbags who went into the military because they were too stupid to get a proper education or were too big of trouble makers where it was a last resort option or they'd end up in prison. 

Disclaimer: I served in the Army in the early 90s.  Never saw any action outside of bars in Hawaii, El Paso/Juarez, and Lawton, Oklahoma.  I have relatives and friends who will bring it up as some kind of awesome thing I did.  If they knew and saw the kind of shit my 20-year-old self and my buddies did while in the military, they would ask me to seek counseling with a pastor or swear that it was a real-life adaptation of the movie Stripes, only with a really hard R-rating.  Getting laid and getting paid were the most important things.  To us, serving under Clinton was no different than serving under Bush, because we were so far removed from them.

I think the hero worship is way overboard for the most part, but I still appreciate it when it's directed towards friends of mine who stayed in and served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I fucking hate it when somebody "thanks me for my service" as the saying goes, because they are putting me, at least in my mind, on par with folks who served in those two areas.  I've even told a couple of folks "don't thank me - your tax dollars kept me in booze for a few years", and they think I'm trying to be funny.

I think it's based on two things.

9/11 is the big one.  A whole shitload of people gave up civilian careers and lives to join up, and/or many who were already serving stayed in ( a lot of folks joined under Reagan when the military ramped up, and they were hitting their 20 years not long after 9/11).  That is really hard to understand for a lot of folks who have no experience with the draft. Numerous and documented cases of people who up and joined up, even though they didn't have to, which brings me to my second point:

Military service is becoming really rare, particularly with the WWII and Korean vets going rapidly, and the Vietnam vets starting to go as well.  I remember about 10 years ago, I was working at a large company, and our group had over 100 employees in it.  We had a big lunch/party (had just shipped a product and won some contracts), and it was close to Veteran's Day.  Group president asked the veterans to stand - there was four of us (two of us born in the 70s, two born in the 60s).  None of us saw combat and one was only a vet because he got into a service academy, and then finished his requirements as quickly as possible so he could make good money in the private sector, and another had joined for the GI Bill and because his girlfriend was pregnant.  It was the easiest way for him to get through college with a kid.

A lot of my high school friends served, but then again, a lot of my high school friends were in JROTC with me, so we were biased towards the military. If I walk into a room of random 40--somethings and 30-somethings, the amount who actually served in the military is going to be really low.

That last point is a huge problem - I think it's a major part of why our government is so willing to engage in frequent military conflicts, and I think it will only get worse as my generation moves into more and more power.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 9:04 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Reaction to Trump and Obama are hardly worthy for comparison. Trump is decidedly of a totally different political paradigm from what we've seen in recent history. The fact that people even claim him as a conservative is still baffling to me. Just reference his gangster tactics with Carrier for his conservative bona fides.

Obama was a run of the mill, left leaning,  American politician in terms of his behavior and policy. Same can be said for Bush except on the opposite end of the political spectrum. The fact that the election of Trump caused a such reaction isn't indication of one side being over the top or unreasonable.  If there were a leftist version of Trump spouting the sort of nonsense in the manner he does I'd fully expect a reaction commensurate with what Trump has gotten. 

This is all true, but a leftist Trump wouldn't have won the Dem primary much less the general election. 

One side is over the top because they elected that shitbag and they are that shirbag. 

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Disclaimer: I served in the Army in the early 90s.  Never saw any action outside of bars in Hawaii, El Paso/Juarez, and Lawton, Oklahoma.  I have relatives and friends who will bring it up as some kind of awesome thing I did.  If they knew and saw the kind of shit my 20-year-old self and my buddies did while in the military, they would ask me to seek counseling with a pastor or swear that it was a real-life adaptation of the movie Stripes, only with a really hard R-rating.  Getting laid and getting paid were the most important things.  To us, serving under Clinton was no different than serving under Bush, because we were so far removed from them.

I think the hero worship is way overboard for the most part, but I still appreciate it when it's directed towards friends of mine who stayed in and served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  I fucking hate it when somebody "thanks me for my service" as the saying goes, because they are putting me, at least in my mind, on par with folks who served in those two areas.  I've even told a couple of folks "don't thank me - your tax dollars kept me in booze for a few years", and they think I'm trying to be funny.

I think it's based on two things.

9/11 is the big one.  A whole shitload of people gave up civilian careers and lives to join up, and/or many who were already serving stayed in ( a lot of folks joined under Reagan when the military ramped up, and they were hitting their 20 years not long after 9/11).  That is really hard to understand for a lot of folks who have no experience with the draft. Numerous and documented cases of people who up and joined up, even though they didn't have to, which brings me to my second point:

Military service is becoming really rare, particularly with the WWII and Korean vets going rapidly, and the Vietnam vets starting to go as well.  I remember about 10 years ago, I was working at a large company, and our group had over 100 employees in it.  We had a big lunch/party (had just shipped a product and won some contracts), and it was close to Veteran's Day.  Group president asked the veterans to stand - there was four of us (two of us born in the 70s, two born in the 60s).  None of us saw combat and one was only a vet because he got into a service academy, and then finished his requirements as quickly as possible so he could make good money in the private sector, and another had joined for the GI Bill and because his girlfriend was pregnant.  It was the easiest way for him to get through college with a kid.

A lot of my high school friends served, but then again, a lot of my high school friends were in JROTC with me, so we were biased towards the military. If I walk into a room of random 40--somethings and 30-somethings, the amount who actually served in the military is going to be really low.

That last point is a huge problem - I think it's a major part of why our government is so willing to engage in frequent military conflicts, and I think it will only get worse as my generation moves into more and more power.

Don't sell yourself short, soldier. You got sent to Oklahoma.  That is true sacrifice. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

but a leftist Trump wouldn't have won the Dem primary much less the general election. 

I’m not so sure about this.  A leftist Trump might have been more effective if he could win over the forgotten middle American. Trump running a Bernie Sanders campaign would have been formidable.

It’s hard to imagine Trump without the racist dog whistles though.   

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

17 hours ago, horn4life said:

It's not possible, no. Donald Trump didn't fall out of the sky in 2015 and land on top of a golden escalator to announce his presidential candidacy. His history is long-established.

He has been a racist forever. His father was arrested at a KKK rally. The government had to force him to report vacant apartments to open housing commissions so that minorities would not be purposefully locked out. He literally slept next to a copy of Hitler's "My New Order" (which Trump himself misreported as "Mein Kampf", because Trump is a profoundly dumb person). Central Park 5. Birtherism.

• Like 3

On February 22, 2019 at 4:34 PM, horn4life said:

Is it possible that the GOP as an elected body is NOT racist and is staying silent on the arrest of a potential mass murding MAGA domestic terrorist?  Or is it just that the GOP as an elected body knows that without strong support from racists, Nazi's, and sepf-proclaimed White Nationalists the GOP has no chance of winning elections? Is there another answer for the silence?

Please list other choices that I am not seeing here, if you disagree with the above observations.

Trump is a racist. But it's worse than that. He's a racist with narcissistic personality disorder. It's like he thinks he's his own race and he personally is superior to everyone else. Anyone else can be "one of the good ones" as long as they show fealty to him. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 3:51 PM, Johnny Sack said:

So both sides?  

It isn’t on this.  Your side acted like major cunts when trump won.  From the politicians and activists advocating electors not vote for Trump, to the libs in colleges creating therapy rooms and canceling classes, to riots on the street.  None of that bullshit happened in 2008. 

You've been acting like a cunt for as long as I've been on this board. So, yeah, both sides.

• Like 2

Once you're actively courting, supporting and defending those peoole, does it matter why?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Meanwhile, in a Houston Kroger parking lot, another Trumpkin is upset.

i am sure ben shapiro and the rest of the dipshit brigade will be along shortly to express how outrageous this is.