2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

Duncan Hunter will be serving in the house from Terminal Island Federal Penitentiary.  Good work Republicans.  You didn't vote for the brown guy with the funny name that isn't charged with dozens of felonies. 

He and Chris Collins could share a cell!

10 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

there's that educated electorate

All other races aside, this is the most ridiculous of the night.  I can absolutely believe it happened, but it really shows the explicit ignorance of the voting populace.  How sad.

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

As disgusted as I am with my home state of Florida, I reserve my ultimate ire for the morally bankrupt and gross voters in Duncan Hunter’s district.

Dude is a literal thief, under indictment, and ran some of the most racist ads in history.

Yet they still said “Here! Take my vote!”

And they make fun of people from the south. Fuck every last one of those people.

I have family in the CA-50 and I think that, to a person, they all voted for Hunter.

It's shitty.

5 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

Mueller will scorch Trump, and all the GOP rats will scurry.

All you will have in the future is the supreme Court, probably being overruled one day by constitutional amendments.

The populace is against you. All you have is court packings and stolen elections backed up by rigged gavels. You have 2000 in repeat. And the lowliest most shameful presidential candidates in US history.

The electorate is against you. And it will overwhelm right wing scheming one day, forever.

Texas will turn blue and you will go hide in the Dakotas.

Why would I hide in the Dakotas?    First off do you know how hard it is to find a good golf course in the Dakotas? Actually do you know how hard it is to find good anything (not counting prairie dog towns) in the Dakotas?   Besides rationality and sanity are against you and you do not let that phase you.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maybe Trump will start pushing a liberal agenda to keep the heat off him.

Lord knows he can get the Republicans in the Senate to rubber stamp literally anything.

Just yesterday he said that Obamacare and coverage for preexisting conditions are good.

15 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

As disgusted as I am with my home state of Florida, I reserve my ultimate ire for the morally bankrupt and gross voters in Duncan Hunter’s district.

Dude is a literal thief, under indictment, and ran some of the most racist ads in history.

Yet they still said “Here! Take my vote!”

And they make fun of people from the south. Fuck every last one of those people.

East county San Diego is pretty fucking redneck.  It's basically Louisiana with better food. 

14 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

That never stopped them from trying to make something out of nothing on any other day in the last year when there was no news to report.

Will you tell us when you are going to switch from "they have nothing on him" to "the stuff they have on him is fake news" to "the stuff they have on him is not that important and everybody does it" - or are you gonna just keep us guessing

Not close.  Already called for Feinstein

I'm a Feinstein fan.  She's been a terrific senator for CA.   I voted for Kevin this round.  Diane is too fucking old.  She needs to retire.  She's a legend and she's sticking around too long. 

Edited by Gil Bang

15 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Duncan Hunter will be serving in the house from Terminal Island Federal Penitentiary.  Good work Republicans.  You didn't vote for the brown guy with the funny name that isn't charged with dozens of felonies. 

i guess vaping indoors will still be legal there

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

McCaul is winning 51-47.  Was it expected to be anywhere that close?

No. Posted about it in another thread but the tiny sliver of Travis county in that district came fairly close to dragging it into the D column. Most of the votes still to be reported are from there so that margin may even narrow but it has been called. It was straight up tied when EV data was released. That is my district so I was pleasantly surprised. 

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Not close.  Already called for Feinstein

I'm a Feinstein fan.  She's been a terrific senator for CA.   I voted for Kevin this round.  Diane is too fucking old.  She needs to retire.  She's a legend and she's sticking around too long. 

I voted for her.

Projection I was told was a pickup of 10.

This is the downballot impact of a strong candidate at the top of the ballot. Having a strong, inspiring campaign at the top yields real dividends.
No. Posted about it in another thread but the tiny sliver of Travis county in that district came fairly close to dragging it into the D column. Most of the votes still to be reported are from there so that margin may even narrow but it has been called. It was straight up tied when EV data was released. That is my district so I was pleasantly surprised. 

I’m quite surprised. And I like the trend. Gerrymanders are now questionable.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Projection I was told was a pickup of 10.

This is the downballot impact of a strong candidate at the top of the ballot. Having a strong, inspiring campaign at the top yields real dividends.

I’m quite surprised. And I like the trend. Gerrymanders are now questionable.

you cannot gerrymander out women