ShaggyTexas Handover

Viper

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, you're not. 

You people and your rep pissing matches. That definitely hasn't changed with the move to here. 

Turn mine off and i shall never mention again.  IDGAF if it goes to -666 or -1200.  i just don't want my posting privileges revoked.

The rep is not the issue near as much as the general reactions to any posts disrupting the echo chamber.

if y'all wanna act like the problem doesn't exist, carry the fuck on.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, Player said:

Slorch negged me in the Astros thread for calling out his stupidity for asking why the batter wasn’t awarded first base on a balk.

He’s a sanctimonious, whiny, ignorant, fuckknuckle.

No questions allowed.  Ever.

Regardless of what you think of Slorch, the banning of posters due to political opinions only, and not trolling or other offenses, is bad for this board. And if it’s bad for this board, isn’t it also bad for America?

If they have reasonable well thought out responses they wouldn’t get negged. But instead people like slorch and swam are notoriously shitty trolls and posters. That’s where the backlash is.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

If they have reasonable well thought out responses they wouldn’t get negged. But instead people like slorch and swam are notoriously shitty trolls and posters. That’s where the backlash is.

The backlash is in not following the groupthink on the board.

It isn't for trolling.  It isn't for personal attacks.  It is for simply disagreeing.  There are countless examples, but obviously, you see what you want to see.

Either that, or I ONLY troll in Cloakroom, right?  So disciplined with my shenanigans...

It isn't for trolling.  It isn't for personal attacks.  It is for simply disagreeing.  There are countless examples, but obviously, you see what you want to see.

Either that, or I ONLY troll in Cloakroom, right?  So disciplined with my shenanigans...

One could could make the argument that you shit post everywhere. There is a reason the term slorch’d exist.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:
1 hour ago, slorch said:

Read more  

One could could make the argument that you shit post everywhere. There is a reason the term slorch’d exist.

It would be an incorrect argument.

I have a tendency to beat a dead horse, but the posts are relevant, not attacking, and not personal.

Just like the post Player mentions above that I negged-  it was within an Astros thread where everyone was discussing the game and folks often ask questions about nuances of the game or rules interpretation.  I asked a very simple question about the balk rule, which was answered calmly and normally by about 3 other posters.  Players goes off to the effect of how I’m the dumbest poster on the planet..

In the politics board I mentioned that I was not going to donate to the board until the rep situation is corrected.  It wasn’t personal, attacking anyone, or trolling.  8 negs.

For disagreeing on something.

You’re right though...I’ve only been posting on boards since circa 2003.  I don’t know my way around or how to carry myself.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If it makes you feel better, I have -191 rep points and I’ve never negged anyone.

We disagree on many things politically, but, to your point, we don’t have the problem I describe.

I know for a fact both of us have pos repped or at least a laughing rep on the other’s post.

Why?

I mean hell, at the risk of sullying your reputation; why don’t you or  other big dogs neg me?  It’s the little penny ante, less established posters.  They never want to engage in conversation or dialogue.  They just suddenly find outrage upon reading a conservative post?

Edited by slorch

9 hours ago, Modessit said:

I'm in Corpus. While looking for a restaurant I happened to drive past an Eskimo Hut. I really wanted to stop and smear shit all over the windows but my wife pointed out it was broad daylight on a busy street.

Why should daylight stop you? Chicken?

19 hours ago, Player said:

Slorch negged me in the Astros thread for calling out his stupidity for asking why the batter wasn’t awarded first base on a balk.

You once negged me on the old site for posting a GIF that had already been used a couple hundred posts prior to mine.

You're a mincy little thread-policing twatwaffle.

• Like 1

Dude....I actually kinda like you, every now and then.

But you aren’t getting negged for your beliefs. You’re getting negged for posting stupid takes using terrible reasoning, often ignoring facts that are not in dispute, and thus offering nothing thoughtful, helpful, or germane to the thread.

I LIKE to read opinions different than mine. But that’s because I can learn from them. If your take is the intellectual equivalent of “nope, you’re wrong, poopyhead, go home and cry your libtears,” I learn nothing from reading that. Except that the poster has the intellect of a brain-damaged okie middle-schooler.

Have whatever opinions you want. But learn to post them so as to be relevant and coherent and at least somewhat intelligent.
  • Like 1

Dude....I actually kinda like you, every now and then.

But you aren’t getting negged for your beliefs. You’re getting negged for posting stupid takes using terrible reasoning, often ignoring facts that are not in dispute, and thus offering nothing thoughtful, helpful, or germane to the thread.

I LIKE to read opinions different than mine. But that’s because I can learn from them. If your take is the intellectual equivalent of “nope, you’re wrong, poopyhead, go home and cry your libtears,” I learn nothing from reading that. Except that the poster has the intellect of a brain-damaged okie middle-schooler.

Have whatever opinions you want. But learn to post them so as to be relevant and coherent and at least somewhat intelligent.

What do the Germans got to do with it?

On 8/9/2018 at 7:35 PM, Player said:

bold.

Edited by futureman

On 8/10/2018 at 8:52 AM, ERhine said:

Slorch’s obsession with neg rep is a beating. No one fucking cares.

If we're making donations/ subscriptions, getting crowd sourced for political opinions ain't that appealing, especially if not trolling or attacking others.

If it was just a negative rep score, then WGAF?  I would completely agree with your point.

So in the past few days, i have not posted in the political forum, but have posted in many others, including Football, Baseball, gambling, TV, music, and others.  It's an absolute shocker nobody has negged any of my posts.

Why do you think that is?  I mean I am so offensive and don't have well thought out opinions( LOLz)  so it should carry over to my posts in general, correct?

Why do the political posts drive the negs?  It's the elephant in the room...  People know why.  They just refuse to acknowledge it.

I just want a long term solution, as to should I choose to donate as I had intended; what is the protection from getting "chosen" as the whipping boy for that particular board?  If my rep score goes to -182977, and I am still allowed to post, and it's just lefties hammering away at my posts, then the situation would be absolutely fine with me.

IDGAF about rep score.  I do, however, wish to remain a poster with full access to the forums on this board.

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, slorch said:

If we're making donations/ subscriptions, getting crowd sourced for political opinions ain't that appealing, especially if not trolling or attacking others.

If it was just a negative rep score, then WGAF?  I would completely agree with your point.

THEN FUCKNG LEAVE NO ONE WILL MISS YOU.

God damn. You whine more a 5 year old who didn't get their ice cream after dinner.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slorch said:

So in the past few days, i have not posted in the political forum, but have posted in many others, including Football, Baseball, gambling, TV, music, and others.  It's an absolute shocker nobody has negged any of my posts.

Why do you think that is?  I mean I am so offensive and don't have well thought out opinions( LOLz)  so it should carry over to my posts in general, correct?

Why do the political posts drive the negs?  It's the elephant in the room...  People know why.  They just refuse to acknowledge it.

I just want a long term solution, as to should I choose to donate as I had intended; what is the protection from getting "chosen" as the whipping boy for that particular board?  If my rep score goes to -182977, and I am still allowed to post, and it's just lefties hammering away at my posts, then the situation would be absolutely fine with me.

IDGAF about rep score.  I do, however, wish to remain a poster with full access to the forums on this board.

If rep is going to dictate who is allowed to post, I'm on board with disabling rep in the politics board. That said, anyone who goes on a political discussion on the internet and complains about getting negged is a grade a naive fucking idiot.

16 hours ago, slorch said:

In fairness to you, Slorch, I searched for and read the comments that earned you double digit neg rep in CR, and it wasn't a policy disagreement.  Or a political disagreement.  If you can't see that, then bless your heart, but please, shut the fuck up about it.

3 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

In fairness to you, Slorch, I searched for and read the comments that earned you double digit neg rep in CR, and it wasn't a policy disagreement.  Or a political disagreement.  If you can't see that, then bless your heart, but please, shut the fuck up about it.

Who was I targeting?

Who was I trolling?

Care to quote them?

It's absolutely political, or it would happen elsewhere.  It would have happened throughout my posting history.

It has not.

Edited by slorch

(gotdammit edit timer needs to be changed too...)

I'm not seeking your endorsement,  There just needs to be a solution, other than "Don't post in the politics board."  If not, fuck it.

On 8/9/2018 at 4:40 PM, slorch said:

This site does indeed have some opportunities, as Swam was negged to shit without being offensive or harassing anyone.  He simply disagreed.  That's how the GOBs around here want it, so there ya go.

Eh... I agree with the rest of your post to a certain degree but his logic is intentionally offensive. His quoted posts from the other side “acosta’s tantrum”, “attacks in philly”, “slaughter” (like he gives a shit about anyone darker than a paper bag) show his slant/Schtick is ethically corroded. It’s needlessly incendiary literary diarrhea couched in morally bankrupt racist views and feigned ignorance. Fuck him. 

The echo chamber here can be really shitty at times but swam, sessions, miller and their racist platforms can all burn in hell. Let him have fun with his mother in the dark, and that’ll allow everyone else to have honest discussions about the issues. 

• Like 1