ShaggyTexas Handover

Viper

25 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I haven't been to shaggy in months. That is really pathetic. Was that dude there before the breakup? I don't remember him.

He was. I don't do the politics boards so he didn't pop up too frequently, but his sports takes were predictably terrible.

10 hours ago, tokamak said:

I haven't been to shaggy in months. That is really pathetic. Was that dude there before the breakup? I don't remember him.

His Hot takes were a must read.  I honestly thought he was a troll - a bad one at that.  The fact he’s real is scary/spectacular at the same time.  

13 hours ago, tokamak said:

I believe he said he was twicebannedHF. If so he was there from the beginning. 

Hey 8badmofo, if you’re reading this...oh who am I kidding, of course you’re over here reading threads. I mean you have really nothing to read over there but you and The Rapture’s posts where you jerk into each other’s mouths. Sorry, I digress. You can definitely have Rocko. We’ll gladly give him to you. Maybe slorch too.

On 7/27/2018 at 10:42 PM, mdmost said:

Hey 8badmofo, if you’re reading this...oh who am I kidding, of course you’re over here reading threads. I mean you have really nothing to read over there but you and The Rapture’s posts where you jerk into each other’s mouths. Sorry, I digress. You can definitely have Rocko. We’ll gladly give him to you. Maybe slorch too.

booo!!!! this post!!!

LOLz.   For whatever my faults may be, i don't deserve THAT!!!

1. Yesterday, 05:28 PM#6
    bungholereputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

Meh. Would like discussion/debate. The surly echo chamber is childish.

2. Yesterday, 06:30 PM#7
    Moderatorreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

That's why I listed those posters. How about:

Swam

Dolomite

Clear Lake

3. Today, 06:38 PM#8
    bungholereputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

I'll take anybody who would like a discussion... Not a circle jerk to either side of the spectrum.

4. Today, 07:07 PM#9
    Moderatorreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

Me too! I see you got green. Congrats

Yeah, it clearly won't be a circle jerk to one side of the spectrum with Swam, Clearlake, Dolemite added.

-Ironic-alanis-morissette-14973515-500-3

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Me too! I see you got green. Congrats 

Rapture got green.  I don't think there are enough people left for me to neg over there so I can come back around and neg him again.  And, that would take effort.

22 minutes ago, Bevo in VA said:

lol - I see Swam got banned over here so he's made his way back over to the old site.  Looks like he's trying outpost badmofo over there now in the CR.

Huh.  I can't even see that -- I apparently was banned for shitposting.  Which is pretty interesting, being that I haven't posted there in months, and didn't even partake in the scat posting on the way out.  I just left.

That is one sad-looking place (but like I said, it won't even let me look).

from what I saw, and I may have easily missed something, Swam was negged for being Swam, not the content of his posts.

There is a significant contingent in the political forum that is doing this bullshit.  It is almost the antithesis of trolling.  Any post with which they disagree gets negged.

If you say anything asking people to chill the fuck out, you're whining.  If they neg you and you neg back, you're whining about rep.

There are a few who indeed seek out other opinions and POVs.  The rest of it is a straight up shit show, that is increasingly embraced by a vocal few on here.

It's a problem...unless you want to hear the same shit all the time( insert CR comment here.)

Today, 05:34 PM#1

They are now begging for money at the new dump that shall not be named!

The stupid $#@!s don't realize that this website is just a blip in a massive corporate computer system. But have fun idiots! Donate to blacklab's content and then lick the corn out of his $#@!. JFC!

Ha. Guy begging the scant few people who pass by to stay and post is laughing at this site for offering a way to not have ads and keep things going. Instead we should all go back over there where the owner doesn't give two shits about the place or Landthieves. 

As long as he's a mod there, there will never be crowd source bannings! There will never be enough users to neg people to get to a point where they could be crowd sourced. I love this. It's like Swam, Epi and 8badmofo are stuck in Purgatory together. 

• Haha 1

1. Yesterday, 05:34 PM#1

They are now begging for money at the new dump that shall not be named!

The stupid $#@!s don't realize that this website is just a blip in a massive corporate computer system. But have fun idiots! Donate to blacklab's content and then lick the corn out of his $#@!. JFC!

2. Yesterday, 08:59 PM#2
    asshatreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.pngBill Lumbergh's Avatar

and then lick the corn out of his $#@!
    Isn't that kind of content what this site is for?

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

So, they have "0" posts today?  I guess badmofo got tired of talking to himself.

IIRC, they have gone a few days without posts, as in a complete weekend...and even then it was a mod who broke the drought.

This site does indeed have some opportunities, as Swam was negged to shit without being offensive or harassing anyone.  He simply disagreed.  That's how the GOBs around here want it, so there ya go.

There are too many good things about this community to worry about placating folks on political insecurities.  Echo on, boys and girls...

Edited by slorch

28 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You’re such a whiny bitch. Fuck off

I have received 244 negs, virtually all of which are from political discussion.

I have issued 154, virtually all of which are retaliatory.  If i have initiated the negs, i'm sure somebody can remind us when, but I do not recall doing so.

I am not whining.  i am describing the reaction this board gives to conservative posters.  Negs should be for personal attacks or for policing bullshit; not for simply disagreeing.

That's not going to change evidently.   I'm cool with that, but I still feel like it needs to be addressed.  The old board was not like that.

There are good lib/ lefty posters who call it fair on this board.  There's a shit-ton of ankle biters who never pull their bullshit if we were all talking face to face.  that's the part that bugs me.  if I was a whiner or wanted to be a little bitch about it, I would have left already.  It's not like I just started posting in this community, right?

Whatever, whatever, whatever.  It's fine to stay out of the politics.  Some folks just want to hear what they want to hear.  IMHO, that is NOT what this board is about.

the board can be better...

Edited by slorch