Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

In the link you'll see that they still have the OSU logo of the last 15-20 years on there.

I love that script "Cowboys".  I really wish we'd use script "Cyclones" from time to time.

To clarify, I think the OSU should be their only helmet logo. But I'm just not a fan of alternate logos in general; think with as many uni combos as there are, the brand logo should stay constant. 

Out of curiosity, do any of y'all pine for an occasional return of the whirly bird logo? I think y'all's redesign several years back was spot on (though I hate your all black and white uni). 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Those are great.  OSU has lots of good combos, but that sheriff's badge logo and some of the over complicated helmets should be left in the dust bin.

Agree, I despise that and the chrome oversized Pete face too, but I don't think we've used either in a really long time. I also hate the regular sized Pete face. Use the full Pete only.

15 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Very solid. Make the helmet logo your traditional OSU and these would be perfect.

I used to feel the same, but I like the script Cowboys, the full Pistol Pete, and some of the throwback helmets we've used. I do wish we would stick to white background on all the helmets.

Former Oklahoma State Receiver Bryson Green Transfers to Wisconsin | Pokes  Report

image.jpeg.cbf6626ebced48329dbe705e66b530ff.jpeg

Oklahoma State - HELMET HISTORY

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTbear said:

This is by far your best helmet option, forever and always. 

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, I prefer that to the modernized OSU.

Same, but the newer one has become much better since they removed the bevels, and I'm really happy that we've phased out the slanted O by itself.

This is the universal brand now.

image.png.ab103f60a721ff6b2f07d4e10edefc0c.png

I always hated this shit out of this.

image.png.ac32801706b105596b8907a75714179e.png

I love our baseball interlocking OS and go back and forth whether we should use it on a helmet or leave it strictly for baseball. I think I've settled that it should be baseball only.

image.jpeg.fce5e2c20a0f7b003a323ab615dd917b.jpeg

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Same, but the newer one has become much better since they removed the bevels, and I'm really happy that we've phased out the slanted O by itself.

I love our baseball interlocking OS and go back and forth whether we should use it on a helmet or leave it strictly for baseball. I think I've settled that it should be baseball only.

Does that mean y'all will stop trying to make grey a thing?

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The beveled one sucks.  When we came out with the I-State (same era as that logo) it was beveled and I didn't care for that either.

This:

Iowa-State-Primary-Logo-cardinal_2_1024x

> This:

e68b16f993e542602a40b4a6fa825991--outdoo

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1

New OSU unis look really great. The only issue to me is that the front wordmark and numbers look like they’re too low, and should be moved up like an inch or so. This was also a problem on the new Arizona uniforms, so it seems like it’s due to Nike’s new FUSE template rather than an actual aesthetic choice.

9 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Shag Surl suggestions:

1. You guys need capes to go with those orange pants

2. Need more stuff that just says OKLAHOMA and COWBOYS without the state

aggy?

This uniform is getting back to their Barry Sanders era roots.

I’ve always been in the Simpler Is Better camp, so no as a Poke I wasn’t that wild about the bandana thing…especially as it wasn’t that visible.  I like the new threads though.  

Hard to compete with y’all’s white on white though 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:46 AM, LTbear said:

This is by far your best helmet option, forever and always. 

Hell yes.

The 80s look is my absolute favorite - I wish we'd go back to those full time. But I'm an old, so they don't care what I think.

But I'm glad we're basically incorporating a lot of elements from that look into the rotation full time... and hopefully firing the stupid gray uniforms into the sun.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/10/2023 at 9:42 AM, 'stache said:

Agree, I despise that and the chrome oversized Pete face too, but I don't think we've used either in a really long time. I also hate the regular sized Pete face. Use the full Pete only.

I used to feel the same, but I like the script Cowboys, the full Pistol Pete, and some of the throwback helmets we've used. I do wish we would stick to white background on all the helmets.

Former Oklahoma State Receiver Bryson Green Transfers to Wisconsin | Pokes  Report

image.jpeg.cbf6626ebced48329dbe705e66b530ff.jpeg

Cowboy script is great but is stylize the bronco cowboy (like Wyoming does) and imo, you have some classic branding.

image.thumb.png.ba49f79e75d1bc70cd4a5385c2088b9f.pngimage.thumb.png.ba49f79e75d1bc70cd4a5385c2088b9f.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, I don't see the point in "ghost logos" or whatever the hell this is supposed to be.

The decal will be illegible unless the lighting is just right.

It's like wearing glow in the dark unis for a day game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/23/2023 at 4:09 PM, tx ind said:

It's like wearing glow in the dark unis for a day game.

Even for a night game were they gonna turn the lights off when they ran out of the tunnel or something? All that for a few seconds of showing the glow off? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 8:00 PM, jTower said:

Cowboy script is great but is stylize the bronco cowboy (like Wyoming does) and imo, you have some classic branding.

image.thumb.png.ba49f79e75d1bc70cd4a5385c2088b9f.pngimage.thumb.png.ba49f79e75d1bc70cd4a5385c2088b9f.png

Wyo is one of the top helmets in college football along with a certain school in Austin. 

USATSI_4824296.jpg.webp

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/1/2023 at 9:51 AM, mdmost said:

Hell yeah. Bring them all back. All throwback uniforms especially to replace the terrible ones they have now like the Patriots, Broncos, and Bengals.

I thought I mentioned last season, after the Steelers hosted the Bucs, that the announcers for the Bucs told me that they were bringing back that awesome uniform this upcoming season. I don’t remember how many games, or just one, that they said it would be.

It’s a great uniform, perfect for Florida, and just totally awesome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fellside said:

Unfortunately they're only going to wear it with the all grey uniform which looks awful.

Screenshot-2023-06-21-at-12.19.41-PM-1024x738.png

Who the hell is coming up with these idiotic fonts? It looks terrible. The whole thing looks terrible. But, I reckon since the Ford family has been sucking as owners for all of my life why should they stop now.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:28 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

In the link you'll see that they still have the OSU logo of the last 15-20 years on there.

I love that script "Cowboys".  I really wish we'd use script "Cyclones" from time to time.

Yeah, ISU had amazing threads in the 80s. Red and yellow is a great combo when used like this!

IMG_4296.jpeg

IMG_4297.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4