Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Little hint towards Army's uniform scheme for Army-Navy Game  in 3 weeks.  I was hoping it would be Minutemen/ Militia related with the game being at Foxborough.  Son thinks it might be 75th Rangers or 3rd Infantry Division.  i finally watched it with the sound on and think it's hinting towards Air Cav/ Apaches.

Whatever it is, Go Army! Beat Navy!!!

14 hours ago, slorch said:

Little hint towards Army's uniform scheme for Army-Navy Game  in 3 weeks.  I was hoping it would be Minutemen/ Militia related with the game being at Foxborough.  Son thinks it might be 75th Rangers or 3rd Infantry Division.  i finally watched it with the sound on and think it's hinting towards Air Cav/ Apaches.

Whatever it is, Go Army! Beat Navy!!!

I think they did Air Cav not too long ago so probably not that.

8 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I think they did Air Cav not too long ago so probably not that.

They did First Cav out of Fort Cavazos( Ft hood.)  Also noticed the dog panting at the end, and it might be homage to the Dogface soldiers of WWII.

The Navy ones look very cool.  Love the helmets.

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

Awesome helmet. Bland uniform.

Hand painted and absolutely incredible.

https://footballscoop.com/news/navy-will-wear-incredible-alternate-submarine-inspired-for-army-game

"Each helmet is hand painted with the right side depicting a Virginia Class Submarine underwater and the left side depicting Navy’s customary Navy anchor with the submariner pin integrated into it with color changing pragmatic paint. The front flex panel depicts a color changing sonar which is used on submarines to find their target. The front decal of the helmet says Navy, while the back decal says Silent Service."

They paired it with a Canadian tuxedo.

mens-under-armour-number-12-navy-navy-mi

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Hand painted and absolutely incredible.

https://footballscoop.com/news/navy-will-wear-incredible-alternate-submarine-inspired-for-army-game

They paired it with a Canadian tuxedo.

mens-under-armour-number-12-navy-navy-mi

Unpopular opinion: I don’t mine these intricately painted artwork helmets, though Navy’s are better than most.  Details just don’t work at that scale and distance.  The Navy anchor looks awesome enough and is visible. 

I do like airbrushed goalie masks so this all just a bit capricious. 

29 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Navy finally wins this round.

Army has better uniforms, and I like the helmet bulldog. Tough to beat that submarine helmet.

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Unpopular opinion: I don’t mine these intricately painted artwork helmets, though Navy’s are better than most.  Details just don’t work at that scale and distance.  The Navy anchor looks awesome enough and is visible. 

I do like airbrushed goalie masks so this all just a bit capricious. 

I love them as a rarity - just the academies and SDSU with their Aztec calendar helmets. No one else though for the reasons mentioned.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Why the fuck does aggy have a San Antonio branch?

it's been there for 15 years if that makes it better. they got more notice because a few years ago they announced they were going to do athletics and then just recently hired a basketball coach who has been at Our Lady of the Lake and in SA for a while. it's been getting more pub in the south central texas area over the last year and i fully expect a ton of growth in south SA area (and it's pretty far south for SA)

16 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

There's also a Texas Tech campus in Fredericksburg.

yeah, TTU really has pushed their satellite campuses into some interesting places- Abilene and Amarillo make sense, but then Fredericksburg, Marble Falls and Junction. The one in FBG has been around for like 20 years, idk about the other ones timeframe wise.

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Jets go retro and bring back their 80s/early90s logo. Traditional, clean uniforms. Well done.

Those look fantastic. Well done.
That oval logo that they had was one of the worst in professional sports - total unreadable hodgepodge.

• Hook 'Em 1