Earlham College suspends football program after suffering a record 53 straight losses

satyanash

https://www.pal-item.com/story/sports/college/quakers/2018/11/13/earlham-college-suspends-2019-football-season/1990050002/

With a 70-6 loss to Rose-Hulman on Saturday, Earlham completed a fifth consecutive winless season, and extended the NCAA Division III national record with its 53rd straight loss. The Quakers last won on Oct. 26, 2013, when they defeated Anderson 21-20. 

Interim president Avis Stewart, a 1974 graduate of the college, announced in a statement Tuesday that next year’s season would be suspended after consultation with the College Cabinet, the Senior Director of Athletics, Faculty Athletics Representatives, and the Earlham Board of Trustees and “authorizing a review to examine the factors that are necessary to build and sustain a viable and competitive football program that would potentially attract significant numbers of student-athletes to enroll in our College.”

2 hours ago, Texas25 said:

The real question though is where were they ranked in the S&P?

Not the S&P, but in the often hilarious Massey Ratings, which has one version that has all college teams from every level ranked together, Earlham is #923 out of 927.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/ratings?page=1

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 9:26 PM, ClubWhatever said:

All my Earlham gear in the garbage, just like that

Shit. You just reminded me that I have a small collection of hoodies from Indy schools that my family has attended (Ball State, IU, ND, Indiana Weslyan) but not one from Earlham or Indiana State...

Can I have your Earlham hoodie?