Any Family Members Ever Play College or Pro Sports?

Vic Mackey

There are 5 of us brothers. The second oldest played football for Bryant at Bama. The 3rd oldest ran track(distance) at JSU. I temporarily played tennis at JSU, before being cut after breaking my wrist playing pickup basketball. The brother that was just older than me, he could have played football in college but he was the only one of us that did not want to go to college. My oldest brother came the closest to being a pro athlete. He was a sponsored cyclist, trained with some of the biggest names in cycling. He never made enough to make a living though.

Dad played football at UH, mom was cheerleader there and how they met.  

Great grandad in CFB HoF.  He also coached at a couple major programs, all 3 major sports. Not that uncommon way back when. .

4 undefeated seasons coaching CFB. Coached NFL a little also. Manager of MLB team as well.  

• Like 2

I played college lacrosse many moons ago

My brother-in-law played D2 basketball and now competes in the Ironman competitions 

My wifes cousins all did collegiate and professional rodeo (those dudes are crazy)

My father was drafted as a SP in the later rounds years ago

I am fairly sure there are more, but I don’t remember off the top of my head

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Like 1

My Great Uncle, Eddie Meador played for the LA Rams from 59 to 70. He is on the 60s all decade team. 2 time first team all pro and 6 time pro bowler.  A few years back I got to meet Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, and Rosie Grier with him at a Rams Alumni game. This year we got to go to the Rams vs Packers game and stay in the Rams sweet in the back of the end zone at the Colosseum.  

• Like 1

My dad played basketball for the Horns on scholarship, got hurt after his freshman year, and became team manager afterwards. He met my mom at UT.

My uncle played baseball for UT. He met my aunt there on campus.

My other uncle played baseball for UT and made all conference 2 years in a row.

This all took place at the same time, late 1950s. I was born with orange blood doubt.

My Mom played volleyball, basketball, and softball in college in the early days of women’s athletics, and my Grandma was MVP of her WAVES Navy basketball team in WW2, and played some exhibition tennis matches against the reigning women’s US Open champ in college.

I bet Armybrat tried to fuck her.