Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

Machinator

Mack is coming back to Austin in a couple weeks for a party to celebrate his College Football Hall of Fame induction.  He's charging $250/person (at minimum, there are higher tiers) and no, it's not going to charity.  

FUPM rides again!  

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

Mack is coming back to Austin in a couple weeks for a party to celebrate his College Football Hall of Fame induction.  He's charging $250/person (at minimum, there are higher tiers) and no, it's not going to charity.  

FUPM rides again!  

Screw him and anyone who lines his pocket. 

FUPM rides again!  

People will really pay this?

From the SI article.

This isn’t a massive rebuild, something Brown knew because he served as an advisor to Fedora last year. Fedora’s final teams had some miserable injury luck to go along with poor chemistry, so Brown walked into more talent than most coaches taking over downtrodden programs do. In fact, Brown didn’t think the job would open. He figured UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham would balk at paying Fedora’s $12 million buyout. Brown wasn’t shocked when, while riding back to his hotel from ESPN’s Bristol, Conn., studios following a broadcast last November, he looked at his phone and saw Cunningham calling. Brown assumed Cunningham just wanted to shoot the breeze. Instead, the AD told Brown that Fedora was out and that Brown could have the job if he wanted it.

I would not be surprised if someday it comes out that Mack was in the ADs ear saying get rid of Fedora and hire me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 7:07 AM, South Austin said:

Pretty good article on Mack's second act at UNC.  He comes close to acknowledging his complacency during his last few years at Texas, though he still probably won't admit just how lazy and behind the eight ball he had become. 

SI.com: Back in Carolina Blue, Mack Brown Is Rebooting UNC With Something Old and Something New

I still hold him accountable for much of the mediocre to downright awful seasons since 2009 (Steve Patterson and Charlie Strong certainly share a big part of the blame), but I'm also rooting for him to succeed at Carolina. 

And now I know why I don't regret banging your mom.

From the SI article.

This isn’t a massive rebuild, something Brown knew because he served as an advisor to Fedora last year. Fedora’s final teams had some miserable injury luck to go along with poor chemistry, so Brown walked into more talent than most coaches taking over downtrodden programs do. In fact, Brown didn’t think the job would open. He figured UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham would balk at paying Fedora’s $12 million buyout. Brown wasn’t shocked when, while riding back to his hotel from ESPN’s Bristol, Conn., studios following a broadcast last November, he looked at his phone and saw Cunningham calling. Brown assumed Cunningham just wanted to shoot the breeze. Instead, the AD told Brown that Fedora was out and that Brown could have the job if he wanted it.

I would not be surprised if someday it comes out that Mack was in the ADs ear saying get rid of Fedora and hire me.

More likely the AD asked him to be there to see if he could help Fedora. Don’t assume malice...he isn’t Switzer.

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

to be fair, same @DKR when the weather got unbearable. 

Terrible "to be fair" attempt. People were everywhere 2 hours before the game and my guess is we had 45K in the stadium during 1H. The autograph line alone likely had a few thousand & a very good crowd at concert.

59 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I get irrationally angry when I hear that fucker talk

Me too. I think it’s because I decoded his bullshit coach speak a long time ago and now all I can hear is him lying. 

10 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

That is maybe the most unique color scheme in all of college sports. 
And I like it. A lot.

I also like the UNC colors. 

• Like 1