Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

Machinator

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/06/17/first-year-coaches-mack-brown-les-miles-ryan-day

Which first-year coach is in the best position to make an impact in year one?

Scooby Axson: Mack Brown, North Carolina. If there is one thing that is going for Brown after a few years away from the sidelines, it's that he knows exactly who he wants his team in his second go-around at UNC to emulate. In this case, it’s Oklahoma, the archrival of Brown’s former employer in Austin whose offense has run roughshod over most of college football the past four years but has no national titles to show for it. Brown can motivate the best of them, which could translate into a few wins in Chapel Hill that aren’t expected, especially in a conference with only one powerhouse. Going bowling would translate into a successful season for this program.

giphy.gif

Mack Brown bowling.....

Edited by LTtxfan

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/06/18/new-head-coaches-les-miles-kansas-mack-brown-unc 

Which first-year coach faces the toughest job in year one, whether because he has a massive turnaround on his hands or because the program standards have risen to a point where regression is almost a given?

Joan Niesen: This was tough, and as tempted as I was to default to the Les Miles Experiment at Kansas here, I’m going to go with Mack Brown. Brown hasn’t coached since 2013, is 67, and didn’t exactly have a smooth ride of it his last few seasons at Texas. I feel like I’m stating the obvious, but the idea of him engineering a quick turnaround at North Carolina is tough to imagine, especially considering what he’s working with: a 2–9 team that won just one ACC game a year ago, although it was over Pitt, which went on to win the ACC Coastal.

Edited by LTtxfan

The wildcard is the Air raid offense. Mack might win big time right away with that in the ACC. No one but Clemson has the talent and speed to stay with that offense. I could see them at 8-4 or 9-3 this year with it. Or...3-9.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/06/17/first-year-coaches-mack-brown-les-miles-ryan-day

Which first-year coach is in the best position to make an impact in year one?

Scooby Axson: Mack Brown, North Carolina. If there is one thing that is going for Brown after a few years away from the sidelines, it's that he knows exactly who he wants his team in his second go-around at UNC to emulate. In this case, it’s Oklahoma, the archrival of Brown’s former employer in Austin whose offense has run roughshod over most of college football the past four years but has no national titles to show for it. Brown can motivate the best of them, which could translate into a few wins in Chapel Hill that aren’t expected, especially in a conference with only one powerhouse. Going bowling would translate into a successful season for this program.

giphy.gif

Mack Brown bowling.....

What is the ACC equivalent of the Holiday Bowl? The Camping World Bowl? That's where Mack will end up. 

He's changing offensive philosophies without the personnel to run it. What's the worst that can happen?

Also lol at the ou emulation. Thought for a second he might've learned a thing or two watching things nationally. If that quote is true, holy orange slices UNC. 

On 6/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, Alvin89 said:

This is pretty much my thoughts. People say he sucked then compare his later teams to his CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM/BCS BOWL TEAMS. Every great coach typically mails it in at some point or gets to complacent followed by bitterness. Landry was terrible his last few years of coaching. Jimmy Johnson didn't win anything in Miami. Bobby Bowden hung on to long. Carr at Michigan was long overdue. Don Shula didn't get a whole lot done the last 9 years of his coaching career. The list can go on and on.

This is pretty true.  Stoops was definitely getting there. OU lucked out with the pressure to promote Riley winning out...

• Like 1

Too bad Bama didnt lose a bunch of QBs last season. Imagine if they were down to a rb And they went with the triple option, somehow winning out.

No question if that had happened, Mack would be running the trip option at Unc.... with a slow as fuck qb.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Like Mack will leave his OC alone to run a true air raid.

Chicken dinner.  Not sure if Longo is a yes-man willing to be bridled by Mack's timid bullshit but that's exactly what's going to happen. 

Meanwhile, I'm very interested in seeing what Jay Bateman pulls off on defense. He'll have far more to work with than he did at Army and Mack is at least smart enough not to meddle with things he knows nothing about, like the defensive side of things, unless Greg Robinson is there to explain it to him. 

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

And he tried to diss Earl after Earl said is was time for some changes.

”Earl is welcome on our campus any time”. 🤬

Yep.

Mack tried to turn Texas Longhorn Football into Mack Brown Texas Football.

Fuck you fucker.  It ain't about you and never will be.  Pussy passive aggressive shit he pulled on Earl and others sure as shit didn't help his cause.

Lest we forget this abomination.  "Scares you to death...fighting my guts out...can't trust my team, my coaches...".

Fuck you fucker!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Cajun said:

Yep.

Fuck you fucker.  It ain't about you and never will be.  Pussy passive aggressive shit he pulled on Earl and others sure as shit didn't help his cause.

Lest we forget this abomination.  "Scares you to death...fighting my guts out...can't trust my team, my coaches...".

Fuck you fucker!

Couldn't trust his sphincter. 

On 4/25/2019 at 11:31 AM, Lobo said:

I like he always avoids the most obvious elephant in the room...that he was unpaid ungodly sums of money with unbelievable side benefits that the public will never know about...all for 17 seasons with all of 2 conference championships to show for it.  Nobody has ever made that much money in college sports for nearly two decades and had so little to show for it.  EVER.  Never in history.  He would do well to remember that.  And if he doesn't...I'll remind him of how he treated Pres. Powers in Brown's final days as a UT employee back in 2013/early 2014.  

Aggy and Jimbo say “hold my beer.”

• Like 1

The Mack Brown Dicksucking Apologist Club meets over at Hornfans. 

Some of you really need to have your heads examined.   Mack succeeded with a once in a lifetime QB (Vince) for his MNC then a tough as nails kid (Colt) and the recruits that bought his snake oil after the 2005 season.   Then he mailed it the fuck in for another 5 seasons.  

And any of you fuckers who want to say "Mack didnt beat OU enough and there were some bad losses".....  They were HISTORIC EMBARRASSMENTS. Throw in the 12-0 loss (also to OU) that ended the longest non-shutout streak in country and Mack Brown stole our fucking money. 

Or Joe Jamail's.  Heaven knows the $200 donors werent paying his salary.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

In case you missed this.....

https://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Hornsby-46037405/

Four-star quarterback Malik Hornsby withdrew his verbal commitment to North Carolina on Tuesday.

"At this time, I would like to announce that I am re-opening my recruiting process," Hornsby said via his personal Twitter account. "This is a life-changing decision for me and I have to get it right. After talking with my family and praying on this lifetime decision, I would like to say thank you to the UNC family for all the support they have done the past month. There is no love lost for UNC but I have to do what's best for my family. I have no top school right now."

Hornsby, a 6-foot-2, 175-pounder from Missouri City (Texas) Marshall, originally verbally committed to UNC in mid-May. He officially visited the school a month prior.

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Four-Star-QB-Malik-Hornsby-De-Commits-From-UNC-Football-133173400/   

In case you missed this.....
https://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Hornsby-46037405/
Four-star quarterback Malik Hornsby withdrew his verbal commitment to North Carolina on Tuesday.
"At this time, I would like to announce that I am re-opening my recruiting process," Hornsby said via his personal Twitter account. "This is a life-changing decision for me and I have to get it right. After talking with my family and praying on this lifetime decision, I would like to say thank you to the UNC family for all the support they have done the past month. There is no love lost for UNC but I have to do what's best for my family. I have no top school right now."
Hornsby, a 6-foot-2, 175-pounder from Missouri City (Texas) Marshall, originally verbally committed to UNC in mid-May. He officially visited the school a month prior.
https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Four-Star-QB-Malik-Hornsby-De-Commits-From-UNC-Football-133173400/   

Word on the street is Sally’s cookies ain’t what they used to be.

So would the Mack haters of preferred they hired the other choice Gary Barnett and probably never of played in two national championships?  I under stand the end was bad but come on, y’all act like he didn’t win 10 games or more 10 seasons in a row....

Edited by Hook1997

18 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So would the Mack haters of preferred they hired the other choice Gary Barnett and probably never of played in two national championships?  I under stand the end was bad but come on, y’all act like he didn’t win 10 games or more 10 seasons in a row....

It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. He won some games in spite of himself, and lost others in spite of superior talent. He was both the second-best coach in UT history and one of the absolute worst. 

• Like 4

On 6/24/2019 at 8:00 PM, Deej said:

Mack was set in his ways well before his advanced age. His idea of the Air Raid is running bubble screen to the left for -2 followed by a bubble screen to the right for -2, so the QB can "establish confidence" with some easy completions. North Carolina has no idea.

fify again.

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

false choice

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 12:47 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

‘Can’t trust your team, can’t trust your coaches.’

Thats after admitting he was scared to death all week.  JFC

On 6/24/2019 at 11:08 PM, Cajun said:

Yep.

Fuck you fucker!

Watch him starting @ :40, fightin my guts out, he's actually looks like he's trying not to smile or laugh.  I never noticed that before.

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Watch him starting @ :40, fightin my guts out, he's actually looks like he's trying not to smile or laugh.  I never noticed that before.

I'm not interpreting that the same way. 

Sometimes people give a smile or laugh out of sheer frustration: "I don't know what else I could possibly do."

Like Jim Mora's playoffs rant.

I think Mack actually thought he had done everything he could possibly do.....which makes him even more pathetic.

Edited by BornOrange
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 6:09 AM, Macanudo said:

The Mack Brown Dicksucking Apologist Club meets over at Hornfans. 

Some of you really need to have your heads examined.   Mack succeeded with a once in a lifetime QB (Vince) for his MNC then a tough as nails kid (Colt) and the recruits that bought his snake oil after the 2005 season.   Then he mailed it the fuck in for another 5 seasons. 

Give me Mack's once-in-a-lifetime luck over the 10 years preceding him (where UT went 65-50).  Hell, take it all the back to the day DKR quit, since Akers lost almost all his bowl games.

His 5 years of mailing it in still beats the 5 years that followed.  So when does the next meet happen?

Sadly, Mack has spent a lifetime trying to show his Dad that he was as good as his brother, and failed at pretty much every attempt other than having a better coaching record. 

Well, that and acting like a whining three-year-old.

And you know what?

Fuck.

Mack.

Brown.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, we totally agree.  Most of the last 10 years are your fault.  Who was telling you it wasn't?  You cash a lot of big checks and quote a lot of scripture for a guy who doesn't feel he's in command of his own life 

Bryan Harsin is wondering exactly what the fuck the power was that he was given as a coordinator.

Holy shit, Mack, you're out of the fire, so naturally you just throw yourself right back into it. If you'd just shut up about your supposed injustices, people wouldn't hate you so much. But he makes it virtually impossible to just remember him for the good and move on. Nope, he's gotta dwell on not getting blamed for the bad. Newsflash: that's a great way to make sure we blame you for the bad.

• Like 2

SO wait, Mack is finally admitting that Greg Davis is even more evil and dangerous than any of us could possibly fathom.  

Quickly surlyhorns...to the batcave!