Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

Machinator

6 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Just seems more delicious when aggy has to announce it.

Actually shocked it didn't go more like "aggy looking to upgrade position coaches, planning to steal the top assistants in the land.  Making room right now at TE, look for more sitting MNC winning assistants headed to aggy land soon!!!  Lit in the station!!**

**trademarked, don't go trying to copy us

meanwhile, is Brewster going from Lit to cHill?

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Greg is never really retired.  He knows that no matter how long he's been out of it, sooner or later there will be another call from Mack.  Greg has pre-purchased the Deluxe Mahogony Casket with the in-box lithium battery cellular phone with "Forever and a day" calling plan.

Who wouldn't want to work a year out of every three for big bucks. And Greg is a very good Xs and Os coach who is really likeable. I think he'll do great in the ACC.

I think Mack should hire Mark Mangino as OC. Seriously.

13 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

He does hold a grudge.  He never forgot about that bullshit they pulled in ‘99.

I'd like to believe that but 2006, 2007, and 2010 say otherwise. Hell in 2009 we gave up 39 points to those motherfuckers. 

I never thought Mack was ruthless enough in his attitude towards our rivals. We never even came close to paying Oklahoma back for 63-14-- maybe 2005, but leading 38-12 late and incidentally tacking on a defensive touchdown isn't anything like what OU did to us in 2000 or especially 2003.

2 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

Texas should have no complaints about Robinson. He did good by us in both his stints here.

Yep.   I see above someone mentioned his age.

IMO as with a number of professions, age doesn't matter.   In fact the college football world might benefit from the wisdom of the older folks.   I mean the Coach Bros (KK) can only take you so far.  Cool doesn't neccessarly translate to W's or long term success.  

26 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep.   I see above someone mentioned his age.

IMO as with a number of professions, age doesn't matter.   In fact the college football world might benefit from the wisdom of the older folks.   I mean the Coach Bros (KK) can only take you so far.  Cool doesn't neccessarly translate to W's or long term success.  

Agree on the age thing, especially on D.  Hell Wade Phillips gotta be like 136 by now.

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I know some fan bases despise Gerg, namely Denver Broncos (I think it got bad at the end), Michigan and especially Syracuse, but the dude is a fucking champ in my book, so is Tomey. 

I thought it was Kansas City. Wasn't he the Chiefs' DC the year they played Manning's Colts in the playoffs and didn't force a punt the entire game?

4 hours ago, D_Goose said:

G Rob and Brewster are safe choices, sure, because both were good and often produced quantifiable success. Those picks make sense. Shawn Watson and Vance Bedford I think are better examples of comical "safe choices" a head coach here has made.

Robinson pick is not a bad thing on the outset. Fundamentals and culture will need to be instilled and on defense that shit is ageless but we will see about scheme. TE coaching is not a priority over the recruiter importance. So that's a win as well.  The OC hire will really show if FUPM has learned anything from ESPN booth or not.  

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I thought it was Kansas City. Wasn't he the Chiefs' DC the year they played Manning's Colts in the playoffs and didn't force a punt the entire game?

You may be right, as Texas is one of the few places he left as a popular coach, and he did it twice. But he’s definitely despised in Syracuse, and Michigan didn’t go well for him. 

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

According to Mack’s press conference he hadn’t reached out to coaches yet. Amazingly he not only reached out but secured them in only one day.

I read here that Brewster called Mack, not the other way around. 

I have no earthly idea where that came from or if it's true, but I'll choose to believe it because fuck aggy. 

Gotta respect Mack fucking over aggy one more time by hiring away Tim Brewster.

Let’s not rule out him fucking aggy a few more times. Which conference are they in? Do they occasionally make bowls as a middle of the pack team? Do we know another middle of the pack team from a conference that generally plays UNC’s conference?

Smash that like and subscribe button if you agree.

• Machinator changed the title to Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo