Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

5 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Did Germany speak?  I missed that.

They're not on the security council right now. Nonpermanent members rotate.

These are the current members:

15 countries

Permanent members:
 China
 France
 Russia
 United Kingdom
 United States

Non-permanent members:
 Albania
 Brazil
 Gabon
 Ghana
 India
 Ireland
 Kenya
 Mexico
 Norway
 United Arab Emirates

I guess Deutschland has something to say afterall.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

jesus christ youtube comments are stupid

Not surprised.  As much as you and I disagree on a lot of things, at least we frequently acknowledge when the other has a good point about something.   The vast majority of people out there are too fucking stupid to even know when or why someone is making a good point

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Not surprised.  As much as you and I disagree on a lot of things, at least we frequently acknowledge when the other has a good point about something.   The vast majority of people out there are too fucking stupid to even know when or why someone is making a good point

i bet a shit ton of them would argue that OU does not actually suck. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Sheesh, get a room you two.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Kenyan ambassador could just as well be from Wakanda.  He was money.

DJIA gonna have a bad tomorrow.

Futures tied to the Dow Jones Industrial Average were down by 494 points, or 1.45%. S&P 500 futures slid 1.71%, and Nasdaq 100 futures were off by 2.3%. The U.S. stock market was closed Monday due to the President’s Day holiday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/21/stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html

It will for a bit. But war is a very profitable business. Especially in this country. 
The market will churn if this goes toward longer escalation and conflict. 

2 minutes ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

It will for a bit. But war is a very profitable business. Especially in this country. 
The market will churn if this goes toward longer escalation and conflict. 

We're not going into conflict over this.  Putin will do what he wants and the West will give strongly worded speeches and some sanctions and that's it.  

And this is not good for our economy or our stock market.

• Hook 'Em 2

If Russia launches a full invasion, what is Putin’s end game for Ukraine? It’s a hostile takeover and most Ukrainians don’t want to become Russians, so he’s adding 44 million pissed off people to the Russian population? Is he hoping that in 2-3 generations they’ve given up and assimilated and he’s remembered as the guy that won Ukraine back?

Perhaps stupid questions. Just wondering if I’m missing the obvious and you guys are pretty good at explaining this situation.

Just now, wild_turkey said:

If Russia launches a full invasion, what is Putin’s end game for Ukraine? It’s a hostile takeover and most Ukrainians don’t want to become Russians, so he’s adding 44 million pissed off people to the Russian population? Is he hoping that in 2-3 generations they’ve given up and assimilated and he’s remembered as the guy that won Ukraine back?

Perhaps stupid questions. Just wondering if I’m missing the obvious and you guys are pretty good at explaining this situation.

FLwLiHvXsAMAz1I?format=jpg&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

No one knows his end game.  Maybe on his windows XP he has been up chugging red bulls and playing Civilization 3 and he realizes he only has 3 moves left and his only way to win is through a military victory

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Russia declares independence on behalf of the Ukraine so it can protect the Ukraine or something like that
2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Now is when people start dying, global economic effects cascade, and it all goes to shit. I’ll cut people some slack.

Cool. So Ukrainian President is staying behind if what I saw on Twitter is correct? Guy is young. 44? With the kiddos I assume are safely in Poland. My uncle Mark got his PhD in Russian History from UT. Traveled there three times. I called him up bc he has a lot of friends from Russia. His take on the situation is different from what I have read. But borderline it is that Russia is notoriously paranoid. Lots more but apparently I have to research two non-political articles to get what the fuck he is saying. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Thoughts on starting another thread if the conflict actually starts going hot? still seems like a lot of posturing

I think we are good here. Been a good thread and people are policing those who want to go CR. 

Of course we could start like 100 and confuse their hackers. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй