Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he makes Russia reliant on China economically, that's not much of a legacy, even if he pulls back a big chunk of Ukraine.

It's like aggy thinking that the jump to the SEC was going to make their program relevant again - sure they got lucky with Manziel, but they quickly reverted back to being what they always were - the whipping boy of their conference.

Does it matter though who buys his oil?  As long as someone is buying his oil he doesn't care.  China will take his oil forever and not give a damn what his policies are.  The rest of Europe he has to use the oil as political capital.  Economically they are still in the same boat.  His leverage right now to get what he wants with the threat of cutting off oil works because places like Germany have no other alternatives that are viable.  Give it a few years and then he has to start bargaining with them because they have other options.  He's at his shit or get off the pot stage.  He is already considered a nobody to Europe except a nuisance with nukes and a rapidly modernized military neighbors.  Each day he is becoming less of a threat and he knows it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

here we go batman GIF

I think we all know that the bolded is the next step in escalation or "off-ramp."

Moscow orders troops to Ukraine’s breakaway regions.

The Kremlin published decrees late Monday ordering Russia’s defense ministry to deploy troops to carry out “peacekeeping functions” in two Russia-backed separatist territories that have loomed large in the conflict over Ukraine.

The decrees were published shortly after President Vladimir V. Putin, addressing his nation, announced that he had decided to recognize Russia-backed separatists in the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics.

It was not immediately clear whether the Russian troops would remain only on the territory controlled by the separatist republics, or whether they would seek to capture the rest of the two Ukrainian regions whose territory they claim.

— Anton Troianovski

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Absolutely.

Honesty, it doesn't seem like Kiev had full control of these areas for quite some time. Years? They can take much of the blame for not exercising control of their own country. I realize this is easier said than done with Russia helping the separatists but you got to take care of your own problems.

Russia wasn’t helping the separatists, Russia was the separatists.  Seriously, they had regular units cross the borders with their patches off and their heavy artillery turned the tide.  After that it’s been forced peace talks. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Russia wasn’t helping the separatists, Russia was the separatists.  Seriously, they had regular units cross the borders with their patches off and their heavy artillery turned the tide.  After that it’s been forced peace talks. 

For context @Nice Guy Eddie, they were referenced as "little green men" at the time because they were obviously russian forces

I do not see Russian “peacekeepers” stopping at the LOC.  Not recognizing LPR/DPR was a piece of leverage that Putin had. He could twist and prod for Ukraine to implement Minsk on unfavorable terms. Recognizing these territories and stopping means he gives up leverage and is stuck with something he doesn’t want (namely— Luhansk and Donetsk).  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

"I haz big desk."

FMJDImVXoAAnm3W?format=jpg&name=small

at least 3 phones from the 80s, plus a phone from the 90s or early 00s below in gray? plus a computer setup that only a psychopath uses (look at that mouse placement) and a windows XP desktop?

why does the desk have multiple levels?! is that a square montior in 2022? why is there a huge TV behind the computer?!

I bet Macron and Scholtz are not very happy right now.  This is going to be full on war and they have positioned themselves poorly.  The poles read it correctly as did the Baltics, the UK, and the US (somewhat surprised to write that).

I think China pushes away from this table after that lunatic aggy speech by Putin.  He seemed a little unhinged.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

@956 Worldwide what do you think of this

There’s no one waiting in the wings to say “I ain’t in this.” We’re all getting sanctioned, we’re all agreeing, we’re all in this together. There will be no one who can credibly tell the Russian people they weren’t on board if this goes badly. 

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s no one waiting in the wings to say “I ain’t in this.” We’re all getting sanctioned, we’re all agreeing, we’re all in this together. There will be no one who can credibly tell the Russian people they weren’t on board if this goes badly. 

Doesn’t really fit Putin’s style though.  I think it’s more to conform to the public that he reviewed all information from each of his departments before deciding to defend Russian territory.

6 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Doesn’t really fit Putin’s style though.  I think it’s more to conform to the public that he reviewed all information from each of his departments before deciding to defend Russian territory.

This, to me is the key exchange. Translation— I want to hear you say this out loud. Not “I’ll support your decision, Mr. President.” No one is “just following orders.”

At one point, Sergei Naryshkin, the powerful foreign intelligence chief, suggested using the threat of recognition as a tool to compel Ukraine to conclude peace on Moscow’s terms. Putin then told him: “Are you proposing starting the negotiation process, or recognise the republics’ sovereignty? Speak clearly!” Naryshkin began to stutter. “I will support the decision to recognise — ” Putin cut him off. “I will support or I support? Speak clearly, Sergei!” A visibly flustered Naryshkin mumbled that he supported incorporating the separatist territories into Russia. “That’s not what we’re discussing!” Putin said. “We’re talking about whether to recognise their independence or not.” Naryshkin meekly assented.

• Hook 'Em 1

Estonia and Latvia could face the almost exact scenario as Ukraine so I'm sure they're concerned. From watching bald & bankrupt videos on youtube, whenever he visit the countries that border Russia, he often remarks that the culture and people are almost 100% Russian as you near the borders. Even down to the point that the people long for the days of Soviet rule, and feel they have nothing in common with their actual rulers. 

And if the West does nothing to stop Putin, we also just handed the playbook for China and Taiwan. Not that I think it would occur immediately, China only needs to claim that a breakaway city/region of Taiwan is requesting their help.

With a weakened economy and most of their forces on the western front… that leaves Russia vulnerable.

China… gonna China? That would be the most China thing ever. 
Everyone has an eye on Taiwan and they make a play for a chunk of Russian territory. 

Edited by JerrysJheriCurl

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Slovak Republic's President chimes in.  

Finland as well

We need more Zuzi Caputovas and Sanna Marins here. I’d have voted for Zuzi happily. 

All of Europe’s gonna trash Russia for this. The question is what bite any sanctions will have. I actually don’t favor unleas8ng the big package now, as then you’ve fired your bullets and nothing left to use to try and make any kinetic action less impactful.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And if the West does nothing to stop Putin, we also just handed the playbook for China and Taiwan. Not that I think it would occur immediately, China only needs to claim that a breakaway city/region of Taiwan is requesting their help.

China has more of an economy to lose with an invasion of Taiwan.  And 10 times the people that Russia has, which means a shitload more people in the streets.

• immamac changed the title to Russia declares independence on behalf of the Ukraine so it can protect the Ukraine or something like that
  • immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй