Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

If it has stalled expect Ukraine to go on the offense and start pushing back those forces especially to the north of Kyiv. Maybe northern attacks on the supply lines. They're not just going to let them sit there.

UK Defense Ministry is concerned that they are not stalled, but repositioning for a more aggressive attack (per WSJ).

“West­ern of­fi­cials have ques­tioned whether the rel­a­tive lull in Russ­ian ag­gres­sion around Kyiv, the Ukrain­ian cap­i­tal, is part of an ef­fort to re­position forces and lay the ground­work for a new push. The U.K.’s De­fense Min­istry said it is con­cerned Rus­sia is try­ing to re­set for a re­newed at­tack in the com­ing days, in­clud­ing an of­fen­sive against Kyiv.”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I wonder if “Wali” is responsible for any of these more high profile kills. Incredible that he made the trip though to help. They needed a world class sniper regardless.

More likely FSB is purging failures. You could get lucky and catch one guy in transit with a lucky AT round or something, but this many high ranking guys aren’t being exposed to enemy fire. My money is on fratricide, either top down or bottom up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I’m a little surprised everyone keeps talking about A-10s. You’re the first person I’ve seen mention the Apaches. They can be pretty devastating against infantry as well, but armored vehicles are their bread and butter. Their biggest weakness is they’re so expensive AO commanders don’t want to deploy them for fear of losing one. 

I am buddies with a Desert Storm era Warthog pilot....He said combat got boring over there after the first couple of sorties....Fish in a barrel. He is a non-Trump Republican hardcore pacifist now. /CSB

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

That would actually surprise me. As it would spread to Russia. 

But Putin could blame "Ukrainian terrorists" and use it as a pretext for his own use of battlefield nukes or Chemical weapons.   

'They used "Nuclear attacks" on us first comrade countrymen, we really had no choice!'

Edited by ABSR

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

UK Defense Ministry is concerned that they are not stalled, but repositioning for a more aggressive attack (per WSJ).

“West­ern of­fi­cials have ques­tioned whether the rel­a­tive lull in Russ­ian ag­gres­sion around Kyiv, the Ukrain­ian cap­i­tal, is part of an ef­fort to re­position forces and lay the ground­work for a new push. The U.K.’s De­fense Min­istry said it is con­cerned Rus­sia is try­ing to re­set for a re­newed at­tack in the com­ing days, in­clud­ing an of­fen­sive against Kyiv.”

I very much suspect this is the case.

Russia isn't going to quit.  They're just going to get nastier.  They will sacrifice many more troops and equipment.  They will get even more ruthless with cities and civilian targets.  This is total war, and Putin is still seeking nothing less than total victory.

Ukraine has a lot of fighting ahead of it.  It is going to be exhausting, demoralizing, and a humanitarian disaster.  Just like Russia wants it to be.  Our job is to keep feeding them the weapons and intel so they can bleed the Russians to death and deprive them of their means to effectively wage war in another country.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That’s some quality desperation.  The Russian Bear is so weak that they’re having to get foreigners to fight their battles.  

If true, we should triple their pay to switch sides and go into Belarus.

13 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I was told Premier League teams were just swimming in cash.

you should read the article, they have a ton of cash coming in generally and have 16m in the bank (28m/month in salries) but incoming cash is frozen, gameday cash is on pause and ticket sales are limited to existing STH's

But with its stars costing almost £28million ($37m) a month in wages, and the most recent accounts showing reserves of £16million, the club would burn through that cash in 17 days because they are now banned from raising any funds from tickets and merchandise, worth at least £600,000 per match day alone.

and

The Blues could lose millions in sponsorship revenue following Thursday's developments. Shirt sponsors Three have put their £40m agreement on hold and kit suppliers Nike, who agreed a 15-year, £900m deal with Chelsea in 2016, are considering walking away. That would see the club miss out on £540m.

and

Chelsea will continue to receive TV broadcast payments and prize money, but this will be frozen. Existing staff and players will continue to be paid.

TV revenue is about 2.65m / month.

edit: here is what they earned in 2018-2019 season from TV + prize money. it's serious cash.

image.png.58593685637d33e7456cb9a3f411e817.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, SamsCorner said:

How shitty are Russia's junior officers that all these Major General's have to lead the troops and get killed?

their secure communications platforms require 3G/4G, which they took out because it was critical infrastructure

the lack of secure communications has burned them once (the non secure intercepts led to the last guy getting killed) and will again

which probably leads to less communications with leadership

which probably leads to more leadership being pushed out further into the field

which leads to more leadership being killed

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SamsCorner said:

How shitty are Russia's junior officers that all these Major General's have to lead the troops and get killed?

I read a pretty blistering hot take about how it really means that the leadership is invested and cares and so Russia 🇷🇺 is fighting hard. But that was really fucking stupid, so there’s that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SamsCorner said:

From what we've been reading, shitty.....but not as shitty as their NCOs.  Which is, umm, problematic.

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Never interrupt and enemy when they are making a mistake

Always correct.

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

This hits close to home, because I stopped by an HEB Plus on the way home, and their expanded seafood counter had some Russian Osetra caviar on display, and I made a conscious choice not to buy any.  Because I ain't no rooskie sympathizer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

I read a pretty blistering hot take about how it really means that the leadership is invested and cares and so Russia 🇷🇺 is fighting hard. But that was really fucking stupid, so there’s that.

to be fair, that is EXACTLY what you say when you have these dudes getting killed though - right?

"they want to be on the front in this just war! they care more than the other side! that is why they are up front with their troops - who love having them there!!!!!!!"

12 hours ago, Bravo said:

Damn it! Now Russia is going to find an excuse to kill all the birds.

Damn!  Those crafty Russkies are on to our cunning plan!

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Mud in the tires? Lulz…

Who would have thought that such a thing could happen there at this time of year?  I suppose it's times like these when I'm grateful that some people don't learn from history.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

Alternative take: generals were informed by their commanders "get your troops moving and take objective X within 24 hours, or don't bother coming back to Mother Russia, you'll just be headed to a gulag."